Holiday Book

wykikitoon

Reet Marra's

I gan away on the 7th of Jan for a weeks snowboarding :lol:

I need a good book for the airport and when im laid up in doc with a broken neck :nah:

So if you guys and gals can slip some suggestions I would be grateful.

I enjoy bigraphys (sport and non sport) and also enjoy, horror, sci-fi and fantasy (Hobbit etc)

Cheers Guys :huh:

Reet Marra's

I gan away on the 7th of Jan for a weeks snowboarding  ;)

I need a good book for the airport and when im laid up in doc with a broken neck  :blush:

So if you guys and gals can slip some suggestions I would be grateful.

I enjoy bigraphys (sport and non sport) and also enjoy, horror, sci-fi and fantasy (Hobbit etc)

Cheers Guys :angry:

69368[/snapback]

You're not being very specific, I can think of hundreds of good books fitting those criteria.

The Necroscope series of books kind of combines all three of those genres. Theres enough to keep you busy if you do end up in plaster as theres about 10 books in total. Young kid(at first) who can speak to the dead goes to war against vampires against the back drop of cold war espionage. I enjoyed them.

Where are you off to?

The Bible has some decent stories in it. So does the Koran tbh ;)

69425[/snapback]

Neither are a patch on the torah tbh.

69437[/snapback]

Isn't the Torah just the first five books of the OT of something?

The Bible has some decent stories in it. So does the Koran tbh ;)

69425[/snapback]

Neither are a patch on the torah tbh.

69437[/snapback]

Isn't the Torah just the first five books of the OT of something?

69440[/snapback]

Are you trying to show me up again? :angry:

I thought it was the Jews equivalent of the Bible, more or less the OT bit of the bible, but I might be wrong. :blush:

Are you trying to show me up again?  ;)

I thought it was the Jews equivalent of the Bible, more or less the OT bit of the bible, but I might be wrong.  :angry:

69446[/snapback]

The Necronomicon, surely, or was that taxi driver wrong when he told me they were all children of Satan?

The Necroscope series of books kind of combines all three of those genres. Theres enough to keep you busy if you do end up in plaster as theres about 10 books in total. Young kid(at first) who can speak to the dead goes to war against vampires against the back drop of cold war espionage. I enjoyed them.

Where are you off to?

69387[/snapback]

Im off to Meribel in France ;)

I do like Fantasy books ala Pratchett, I like the idea of Peel. I do mainly like sport Biographys, but have recently finished the Jigsaw man, a book about Britains leading criminal psychologist, great read.