Boycott QPR away

Feltch The Manfat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their oakwell crowd goes up a few hundred every time you read it, proper mackeming!

It probably started out at under 400 like their Chelsea crowd and just grew & grew, mackem whispers! :rip:

Their oakwell crowd goes up a few hundred every time you read it, proper mackeming!

It probably started out at under 400 like their Chelsea crowd and just grew & grew, mackem whispers! :rip:

Imagining a photoshopped crowd pic of that, padded out with Sgt Peppers cover extras to swell the numbers. ;)

:rip:

''George Harrison & Winston Churchill were among the numbers as Sunderland took an impressive 23'000 fans to Oakwell for Tuesday's game''

The Man City relegation game was being swelled by a thousand every time I heard Metro radio gave you an update, I'm not kidding, it started at 11,000 and by the time I switched off it was at 15,000 plus.

Man City and Sunderland have been having a love-in ever since.

Sunderland always have love ins with the lesser of two regional teams, like Man City, Tottenham, Everton etc etc.

It always makes me laugh & the sycophancy works both ways!

The Man City relegation game was being swelled by a thousand every time I heard Metro radio gave you an update, I'm not kidding, it started at 11,000 and by the time I switched off it was at 15,000 plus.

Man City and Sunderland have been having a love-in ever since.

True dat. Historically I've always heard figures of "16,000" from the blues. Or hysterically I should say.

Some twat* in the Daily Mirror who was so controversial I can't remember his name, used to regularly have a go at our support and base his assertions on Sunderland having a bigger and better support than us purely based on this game. For the record it was the last game of the season and Sunderland were 90 minutes from either staying up or going down. They got beat 3-2 and went down.

*Who supported Man City.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Some twat* in the Daily Mirror who was so controversial I can't remember his name, used to regularly have a go at our support and base his assertions on Sunderland having a bigger and better support than us purely based on this game. For the record it was the last game of the season and Sunderland were 90 minutes from either staying up or going down. They got beat 3-2 and went down.

*Who supported Man City.

I'll always defend the blues as they've always been Manchester's poor relations (and frankly everything about Man U sickens me), but they're slippery as fuck on attendances and always have been. You couldn't have a conversation with them when I was growing up without them claiming "you can add another 10,000 on each of our home attendances because Peter Swales stops them (the turnstile staff) clocking the Kippax after a certain point so he can fiddle the tax" :rip:

I wonder how many fans Man City have gained in the last couple of years. They are a strange fan base, some are really canny but there's a section of complete twats like most support although City's seem to be very distinctive.

I wonder how many fans Man City have gained in the last couple of years. They are a strange fan base, some are really canny but there's a section of complete twats like most support although City's seem to be very distinctive.

They've always had around 25k and to my way of thinking that's not bad when you consider they've played second fiddle to Merchandise United for generations. It honestly does take a lot to have to endure the kind of arrogance/media bias/endless daytrippers/trophy after trophy all on your doorstep.

Theres plenty of pricks follow them (and they've been based in two of the nastiest areas of the city with a genuinely sinister 'element' so it's never been the nicest away), but as a club they've got the odds firmly stacked against them so I've always liked them for being the underdog.

A lot of Man City fans used have a real chip on their shoulder when it came to NUFC and I'm not talking your usual inter-club rivalry. They've had to put up with a bit of shite and had their neighbours success/news rammed down their throats. The only thing they could cling to was a decent support sticking with them and being defiant against the odds, '33 years and we're still here' etc. However when that's your main selling point it must've grated like fuck when along comes little old NUFC in a similar state getting more plaudits and fans through the gate and then having their manager who they all liked at the time harping on about NUFC at every opportunity. They felt a bit jilted like Jack Wolz as his protégé with the best bit of ass he'd seen in the business preferred Johnny Fontane with his olive oil voice and Guinea charm. I think I might've wondered off track there. :rip:

You get my drift, though. Bitter Blues? Some definitely, an obvious ally for the Mackems.

A lot of Man City fans used have a real chip on their shoulder when it came to NUFC and I'm not talking your usual inter-club rivalry. They've had to put up with a bit of shite and had their neighbours success/news rammed down their throats. The only thing they could cling to was a decent support sticking with them and being defiant against the odds, '33 years and we're still here' etc. However when that's your main selling point it must've grated like fuck when along comes little old NUFC in a similar state getting more plaudits and fans through the gate and then having their manager who they all liked at the time harping on about NUFC at every opportunity. They felt a bit jilted like Jack Wolz as his protégé with the best bit of ass he'd seen in the business preferred Johnny Fontane with his olive oil voice and Guinea charm. I think I might've wondered off track there. ;)

You get my drift, though. Bitter Blues? Some definitely, an obvious ally for the Mackems.

Their '99 divi 3 average is often as exaggerated as much as the mackems following.....29k is fairly good, but fuck knows where they got the 9k extra fans compared with their 19k in the division above 11 years earlier ;)

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm

Most of them are ok, got to say that really as I should've been one...mothers from West Gorton, where Shameless was filmed. Proud to say no rags among my family :rip:

A lot of Man City fans used have a real chip on their shoulder when it came to NUFC and I'm not talking your usual inter-club rivalry. They've had to put up with a bit of shite and had their neighbours success/news rammed down their throats. The only thing they could cling to was a decent support sticking with them and being defiant against the odds, '33 years and we're still here' etc. However when that's your main selling point it must've grated like fuck when along comes little old NUFC in a similar state getting more plaudits and fans through the gate and then having their manager who they all liked at the time harping on about NUFC at every opportunity. They felt a bit jilted like Jack Wolz as his protégé with the best bit of ass he'd seen in the business preferred Johnny Fontane with his olive oil voice and Guinea charm. I think I might've wondered off track there. :rip:

All true I hate Man City bunch of wanks, and Britain's most overrated support. 1986 they ransacked grannies in Eldon Square fact that documented in the book "Guv'nors" fuckin guv'nors say nee more. We had 15000 there in 84 for a run of the mill game in Division Two.

Originally Posted by ghost of shinton

in terms of numbers i would have said we are about level on aways

we are 2 of a handfull of clubs in the PL who take decent numbers to ALL away games

which given our geographical location & relelative shiteness is a miracle

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...2#ixzz1TQf3SdaU

Whoever ghost of shinton is, is a wanker. Level. I've provided examples where the gap is so big it's fucking ridiculous, even at Liverpool they've had reduced allocations for games not even on telly, tell me when we've ever had a reduced allocation there. I'm embarrassed by people like GOS cowtowing to them talking total shit. The gulf is embarrassing, and the evidence is out there not just OPINION.

Shinton's areet man, Stevie. He hunts by stealth over there anyway.

That's not wor Shinton. That Shinton is from Birtley. J69's manor. Say nee more.

Shinton's areet man, Stevie. He hunts by stealth over there anyway.

That's not wor Shinton. That Shinton is from Birtley. J69's manor. Say nee more.

Apologies to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALSEND's finest. :rip:

Whoever ghost of shinton is, is a wanker. Level. I've provided examples where the gap is so big it's fucking ridiculous, even at Liverpool they've had reduced allocations for games not even on telly, tell me when we've ever had a reduced allocation there. I'm embarrassed by people like GOS cowtowing to them talking total shit. The gulf is embarrassing, and the evidence is out there not just OPINION.

The club took a reduced allocation. Fuck nars why. The game has not even made general sale. We could of sold the allocation out 3 times over. Every year we sell out huge allocations at Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham and anyehre else that gives us a huge allocation. There are not many games we do not sell out, so shut your deluded shit you thick as fuck mag spack