The Bargains Thread

Monroe Transfer

I was imply that they may have set aside an amount to sell at that price in order to generate a buzz, therefore advertising through word of mouth!

Ah right, wasnt sure whether you meant a cynical motive or a commercially astute one (though sometimes theres not a huge difference). Could well be the case mate. Not a bad strategy if so!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As they put it up for 'one day only' it could well be legitimate - i.e in a few hours it could change to 'sold out'.

Either way a couple would be getting put away for Christmas presents if they actually do arrive!

You submitted an order in the amount of 10.85 GBP to Zavvi.com

Thanks for using PayPal. Please note that this is not a charge. Your account will be charged when the merchant processes your payment. You may receive multiple emails as the merchant processes your order.

Your funds will be transferred when the merchant processes your payment. Any money in your PayPal account at that time will be used before any other payment source.

To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Ordered this through PayPal just after it was posted on the ukhotdeals site yesterday. I'll be waiting for my cancellation emails coming through, got no chance with the amount of people buying them in bulk to hoy on ebay.

Basically, if something's advertised for sale in a shop at a certain price, you can't insist on them honouring that price just because the advert/price tag says so. A binding contract for sale only occurs (and must be honoured) when an offer is accepted. The advertisement doesn't amount to an offer, it's known instead as an 'invitation to treat'. You only make an offer (to buy) the thing by taking it to the checkout and if that offer is then accepted (ie by the shop accepting payment) then at that stage its a binding contract and you can legally force them to honour the agreement even if they'd advertised at the wrong price. If they realise at the checkout that it's the wrong price before they've accepted payment however then they don't have to honour it.

Some shops will honour a wrongly advertised price even if they do spot the mistake purely as a gesture of goodwill/policy however.

Just in case anyone was wondering about the basic legals behind it.

My entire recollection of my contract law module summarised in one post.

Hi Dave Watson

Thanks for placing your order with Zavvi.com order number 16610587

We are really sorry, but the price shown on site for Ultimate Action Blu-ray Bundle was incorrect. We work hard to ensure that prices shown on site are accurate, but very occasionally errors do occur.

Due to the nature of the error we have had to cancel your order. Please be assured that we have not taken payment for your order. We hope you will consider re-ordering now that the price has been corrected on site.

Please accept this 10% discount code to spend at Zavvi.com,

1424-S9GT-3CF4

Plus some additional discounts for our sister sites:

£5 to spend at Allsole.com

1430-3435-5C80

£5 to spend at MyLabel.co.uk

1427-2736-5976

£3 to spend at Mankind.co.uk

1428-197-FC17

£2 to spend at I Want One Of Those.com

1429-4FA7-6837

Should you have any questions or queries regarding your order, please login to your account where you will be able to email our customer service colleagues. Click here to log into your account

We try to make contacting us as easy and convenient as possible and want to answer all your questions fully. Our FAQ link here may be able to provide you with the answer you're looking for.

If the answer you're looking for is not on our FAQ page, please login to your account where you will be able to request more information.

Regards

The zavvi.com Team

*Discount codes are valid until 31st July 2011. zavvi code excludes consoles, electronics and computing

Re: the bit in bold... :( fuck that shit

Sounds a good deal but can't see any 12 month contracts available.

Going for one of them at Christmas when my contract is up to replace my Hero.

Best post you ever made on here mate recommending the HTC Hero, great phone.