Protecting your Property

Mac-Toon

Didn't know where to stick it, bit of a relation to this, i suppose.

Love anything like that.

He was a handy big bastard for his age. Seen the back on him? Animal.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I alone in that I'd probably hide in a cupboard?

Choice between safety, keeping hold of your stuff and pride I guess. I always take my car keys, wallet, phone with me upstairs when I go to bed, but someone once told me that they deliberately left the keys downstairs so that if a burglar did break in they'd grab them and leave and she wouldn't be caught up in it. Makes sense.

aye i know plenty of people who do that tbh so they don't come up stairs looking, don't really know what you'd do till it happens, know a lad who heard people breaking into his car, said before he knew what he was doing he was outside in his boxers trailing one of them out of the seat, other lad came up behind him tried stab him with a screwdriver

LL do you do full contact sparring in your martial arts training?

If you could see 2/3 guys breaking into your car outside would you run out to confront them? I'd start shouting out the window that I'm calling the police etc. Fuck getting into a fight, I don't want brain damage or catheter bags for the rest of my life.

Im not some ACAB tattoo job,

i thought that was a myth until i actually met someone with that on their knuckles

Woman I used to work with had it on her's when she was younger. Canny wife as well. Presumably wild in her salad days though.

:lol: 'salad days' ? that a typo, or reference to her now being a 'salad skipper' ?

Threads like these tend to have people who assume they are hard and will be able to cope with burglars - unfortunately I'd guess most of us would be pretty terrified especially if there was more than one of them. I also wouldn't necessarily fancy getting stuck in to desperate junkies.

On baseball bats/ golf clubs etc I'd always thought you would have to have a good explanation as to why you had such a thing to hand but Manc Mag is probably right that its case by case.

Threads like these tend to have people who assume they are hard and will be able to cope with burglars - unfortunately I'd guess most of us would be pretty terrified especially if there was more than one of them. I also wouldn't necessarily fancy getting stuck in to desperate junkies.

On baseball bats/ golf clubs etc I'd always thought you would have to have a good explanation as to why you had such a thing to hand but Manc Mag is probably right that its case by case.

keep an odd knife in the kitchen drawer to place on him after you've beaten him svagely

keep an odd knife in the kitchen drawer to place on him after you've beaten him svagely

There was a lad I knew who I used to go to the matches by train a few years ago who became good mates with one of my mates who made the NE news when he got hold of a burglar. He hit the bloke with a hammer "he had handy as he'd been doing some DIY" and came across in his interview as a fine upstanding citizen driven to desparate measures to protect his wife and kid. He told us the truth at the next match - he'd seen the bloke climbing over his back yard wall and got his hammer out and pretty much hit the bloke as soon as he opened the back door he'd forced. The bloke was obviously hurt pretty badly but not life threatening.

As I said it was the contrast between his TV interview persona and the heed the ball we knew that provided the amusement.

i thought that was a myth until i actually met someone with that on their knuckles

Woman I used to work with had it on her's when she was younger. Canny wife as well. Presumably wild in her salad days though.

:lol: 'salad days' ? that a typo, or reference to her now being a 'salad skipper' ?

When she was young. It's actually taken from Antony and Cleopatra by Willy Shakes. :lol:

When she was young. It's actually taken from Antony and Cleopatra by Willy Shakes. :huh:

... :lol: technical eh

There was a lad I knew who I used to go to the matches by train a few years ago who became good mates with one of my mates who made the NE news when he got hold of a burglar. He hit the bloke with a hammer "he had handy as he'd been doing some DIY" and came across in his interview as a fine upstanding citizen driven to desparate measures to protect his wife and kid. He told us the truth at the next match - he'd seen the bloke climbing over his back yard wall and got his hammer out and pretty much hit the bloke as soon as he opened the back door he'd forced. The bloke was obviously hurt pretty badly but not life threatening.

As I said it was the contrast between his TV interview persona and the heed the ball we knew that provided the amusement.

Not sure I could take a hammer to someone tbh. A bat, yes, but a hammer seems horribly lethal.

I think the general view by the CPS if you catch a burglar in your house is, yes, by all means give them a good hiding til the police get there but please leave them breathing at the end of it or it's a rather difficult one for us to get you off scot free with.

how many people who have been posting in this thread, telling everybody how they would cut someones knackers off etc etc actually sympathised with Tony Martin or thought he should have given the intruder "a chance to surrender", or in fact to go one step further thought Jean Charles de Menezes should have also been asked the same thing ?

:lol:

its the principle that counts, assuming you are a highly principled person :lol:

I could just see where this might be heading. Martin is a 'funny' case for the reasons already mentioned in the thread. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for the lad who died although I'm not of the opinion that a kid his age who no doubt had been influenced by scumbags since a very young age was necessarily deserving of death for what he did either. As a general principal though if you go into someone's house and threaten their family etc. then you can't have too many complaints if anything happens to you.

its the principle that counts, assuming you are a highly principled person :lol:

I could just see where this might be heading. Martin is a 'funny' case for the reasons already mentioned in the thread. I don't have a great deal of sympathy for the lad who died although I'm not of the opinion that a kid his age who no doubt had been influenced by scumbags since a very young age was necessarily deserving of death for what he did either. As a general principal though if you go into someone's house and threaten their family etc. then you can't have too many complaints if anything happens to you.

thats very true. And if you run away from armed police ?

Then you're an idiot.

Then you're an idiot.

exactly

Struggling to see the relevance and I have no wish to revisit that debate tbh.