Protecting your Property

Mac-Toon

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your views on this story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...g-property.html

Absolutely abysmal craic. Why haven't the 3 remaining gang members been charged with burglary?

Absolute disgrace, imo.

What do you think?

Yed feel like stabbing them like wouldn't ye? Big Dunc had the best idea though just battering the cunts and sitting on them till the OB arrive.

I don't know what you are supposed to do, I wonder what the official government guidelines are! No doubt make them a cup of tea and discuss the error of their ways. It's wrong, we're all programmed to be territorial and invading someones hoose just isn't on, look at cats if another cat even has a piss on their area they fight tooth and nail and fair play to them.

Would imagine they're 'helping police with their inquiries' for now as the CPS try to find a sensible and politic way of not prosecuting the householder for murder/manslaughter. I imagine this will be best achieved for the moment by not threatening them with burglary charges so they can get corroborating evidence that the bloke who got killed was posing some sort of threat to the household.

Definitely not the place to go burglarising like, Salford.

What are your views on this story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...g-property.html

Absolutely abysmal craic. Why haven't the 3 remaining gang members been charged with burglary?

Absolute disgrace, imo.

What do you think?

Yed feel like stabbing them like wouldn't ye? Big Dunc had the best idea though just battering the cunts and sitting on them till the OB arrive.

I don't know what you are supposed to do, I wonder what the official government guidelines are! No doubt make them a cup of tea and discuss the error of their ways. It's wrong, we're all programmed to be territorial and invading someones hoose just isn't on, look at cats if another cat even has a piss on their area they fight tooth and nail and fair play to them.

:lol:

True like.

Would imagine they're 'helping police with their inquiries' for now as the CPS try to find a sensible and politic way of not prosecuting the householder for murder/manslaughter. I imagine this will be best achieved for the moment by not threatening them with burglary charges so they can get corroborating evidence that the bloke who got killed was posing some sort of threat to the household.

This is the weird thing, though. Are you meant to sit them down and have a chin-wag before ascertaining their intentions?

The way I see it, which I think is right, is anyone enters your property is posing a risk to all those in the household and we should be allowed to do anything to get them out or stop them in their tracks.

Reminds me of the Tony Martin case, where he shot a young pikey burglar.

I suppose it comes down to what is classed as reasonable force?

I know that if I was faced with 4 burglars, in my house, I'd be swinging and slashing with anything and everything sharp and nasty until I was sure they weren't a threat anymore.

Tbh, if you break into someone's home , balaclavaed up, you can't really have any complaints if it goes tits up.

This is the weird thing, though. Are you meant to sit them down and have a chin-wag before ascertaining their intentions?

The way I see it, which I think is right, is anyone enters your property is posing a risk to all those in the household and we should be allowed to do anything to get them out or stop them in their tracks.

If four blokes were on the premises in balaclavas and the householder is there (additionally with a female, who he'd no doubt feel morally if not legally bound to protect), then I think the CPS will do absolutely everything to read it as self defence. And I think they almost certainly will unless theres some evidence that the four blokes had a change of heart, apologised and put the hoover round a bit before the householder stabbed the dead one in the back as he was quietly pulling the door to. Just my opinion but it's dangerous having a law that says there can be absolutely no prosecution if the 'intruder' is on your premises as you'd have a marked increase in the number of murders committed by eg people luring victims into houses. Especially gang ones. I can't give you any evidence of that like but it would be my guess. Also I just think it goes down the route of upping the ante generally, meaning that burglars would very likely 'go equipped' more violently.

By and large I think the UK law is about right. I will say that I think it's fucking harsh on a victim of a particularly traumatic burglary that they are then in some sort of limbo while the CPS take a decision on charge. I don't know how you get around that though.

Look at the sign on the side of the Police car: 'Fighting crime, protecting people'.

Least they've still got their humour.

You ever watch that programme - 24 Hours in A&E? Well, it was on last night and there were two groups of gangs in the waiting room after a stabbing. So the old bill fucked off and left security to deal with it.

Reminds me of the Tony Martin case, where he shot a young pikey burglar.

I suppose it comes down to what is classed as reasonable force?

I know that if I was faced with 4 burglars, in my house, I'd be swinging and slashing with anything and everything sharp and nasty until I was sure they weren't a threat anymore.

Tbh, if you break into someone's home , balaclavaed up, you can't really have any complaints if it goes tits up.

Same here 100%

Again without knowing anything about the case (and being massively cynical) four lads in balaclavas in Salford and a bloke dead as a result, I am willing to bet that all of the parties involved (including householders) are known to police. That being the case they'll probably have a lot to look at.

So basically what Alex was alluding to.

nah, they need a council house, pc games, TV, DVD player of their own, donated by the state, to discourage them from being naughty boys and pinching them from other people. Then a free holiday, and an understanding social worker to listen to their tales of woe and recommend a suspended sentence, then allowed to go on their merry way having been "re-educated".

nah, they need a council house, pc games, TV, DVD player of their own, donated by the state, to discourage them from being naughty boys and pinching them from other people. Then a free holiday, and an understanding social worker to listen to their tales of woe and recommend a suspended sentence, then allowed to go on their merry way having been "re-educated".

:lol:

If (thread=football related, "Shepherd>Ashley", "Daily Mail headlines")

That's an excellent point you make Sammy, about burglars going tooled up if the new law comes in, and one I'd not considered.

Is that "aggravated" burglary, if weapons and/or violence or used ?

What's the law on householders keeping a baseball bat "handy" in the bedroom-(Btw, any burglars reading this, you break into my gaff and you run the risk of being battered by one of these. imagine your obituary and think on!

That's an excellent point you make Sammy, about burglars going tooled up if the new law comes in, and one I'd not considered.

What's the law on householders keeping a baseball bat "handy" in the bedroom-(Btw, any burglars reading this, you break into my gaff and you run the risk of being battered by one of these. imagine your obituary and think on!

Theres no black letter law, which to be honest is the way I think it should be. It needs to be fluid. Different if it's an offensive weapon per se (ie a kalashnikov) but even then it wouldn't necessarily be murder or manslaughter if you were being attacked. Ie if someone came at you with a knife you wouldn't get potted for murder or manslaughter if you blew their head off. It just becomes an item of evidence rather than proof conclusive. (You'd get done for possession of an offensive weapon for a kalashnikov, but that's a different matter).

You used a good example when you cited the Tony Martin case. He blasted the lad in the back while he was running away. He was no threat so there was no defence (of self-defence) available.

I can't remember the outcome of that one exactly but I think he was isolated, old, had suffered numerous burglaries and was loosing his marbles as a result. In that case I would imagine manslaughter (diminished responsibility) was the result. Either way in his case I'd have given him every dispensation available and the most lenient sentence legally permissible and I'd have told the victim's family to wind their necks in as well as they'd basically raised a feral little bastard who was routinely victimizing vulnerable people.

Theres no black letter law, which to be honest is the way I think it should be. It needs to be fluid. Different if it's an offensive weapon per se (ie a kalashnikov) but even then it wouldn't necessarily be murder or manslaughter if you were being attacked. Ie if someone came at you with a knife you wouldn't get potted for murder or manslaughter if you blew their head off. It just becomes an item of evidence rather than proof conclusive. (You'd get done for possession of an offensive weapon for a kalashnikov, but that's a different matter).

You used a good example when you cited the Tony Martin case. He blasted the lad in the back while he was running away. He was no threat so there was no defence (of self-defence) available.

I can't remember the outcome of that one exactly but I think he was isolated, old, had suffered numerous burglaries and was loosing his marbles as a result. In that case I would imagine manslaughter (diminished responsibility) was the result. Either way in his case I'd have given him every dispensation available and the most lenient sentence legally permissible and I'd have told the victim's family to wind their necks in as well as they'd basically raised a feral little bastard who was routinely victimizing vulnerable people.

Just clicked the link on MF's post. :lol:

Okay, ignore the legal summary.