N'Zogbia ready to snub Liverpool for Newcastle

Dafydd

Has your local just got a late license then, Leazes?

I've been in town. Are you going to start spouting drunken-type rubbish like some of the others ?

"planning". "Fred". "cheap footballers". "survival is the aim". "anybody but Fred". "The Mohammed Shed". "any player we find for 2 bob could be the new Tiote". "sell our best players" "he is good I saw him on youtube"

You get the picture. :icon_lol:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

terrible, all this disagreement about people who actually want to change their jobs for more money.

Shocking.

Whoever heard of such a thing.

Edit.

For Deano, CT, jaysouthernmag, Toonpack...........how long before Tiote is a treacherous greedy bastard, maybe a club like Bolton will offer them better wages

Can't see that somehow, Tiote isn't 29 for a start and he got a SIX year deal. Maybe being in his early 20's and not knocking on 30 has something to do with length of contract.

If he leaves then it will be for C.L. football and you can't blame players for wanting that can you??

The only way I can see Tiote leaving anytime soon is if we got a Carroll like offer. Much as most teams would.

Players have been leaving this club for pastures new and better deals for as long as I can remember.

He was right tbf. We went down with the help of Kinnear who he fell out with. I liked him when he was here. If he improves side I'd have him back.

Is he and his attitude worth 12mil and 55k a week though?

For me the money's not even the issue. It's about taking back a player who has demonstrated that his attitude is poor and shown contempt for the club. I wouldn't want Michael Owen back for nothing and a hundred quid a week. If you disrespect the club there should be no forgiving and no forgetting.

I agree with you on that.

As good as Bent is he left the club under very bad terms and I wouldnt want him back.

If he had just told the truth (that Capello told him to move for an England place) then it would be different

Peter Beardsley left NUFC because they were a shit club going nowhere, when we were a club showing ambition and going places he was quite happy to do it and was welcomed back with open arms.

Think about it.

Are you CT ? Sigh.

Really bad example this tbh given your consistent line. I actually remember at the time all the reports were that Beardsley took a wage cut when he left Everton to re-join us. There were actually sentimental (non-cash motives) for Pedro coming back. Those being principally his boyhood club, re-connecting with Keegan and the end of his top flight career.

We were upwardly mobile (ie we'd been promoted), but we weren't paying higher wages than the top clubs. I guess you could say the same about last season if you look at it simply in those terms.

Charles N'Zogbia favours return to Newcastle

CHARLES N’ZOGBIA is desperate to join Newcastle United’s French revolution.

But the Zog, who is resigned to leaving Wigan Athletic, could face an anxious wait to find out exactly what his future holds with Latics chairman Dave Whelan insisting only the “right price” will trigger his release.

The fee for N’Zogbia is now thought to have been set at £9m for all clubs. However, Premier League sides know that the Frenchman is available for free on a Bosman transfer at the end of the next campaign – hence the reason there has yet to be an official bid from any of the interested parties.

The Chronicle understands that N’Zogbia has made it clear to his advisors that a return to St James’ Park, to link up with new boys Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and Sylvain Marveaux, is his preferred choice ahead of a link-up with his old boss Steve Bruce at Sunderland.

However, Aston Villa have also hardened their interest in the skilful playmaker after Alex McLeish was appointed as Villa Park boss – the man who came close to luring N’Zogbia to Birmingham City last summer before the move broke down.

McLeish may now feel he can offer N’Zogbia a more attractive package with their second city rivals, yet N’Zogbia is keen to rejoin United and return to the city in which he has been a frequent visitor to since quitting Tyneside during the ill-fated Joe Kinnear era.

Tottenham Hotspur and Everton also remain interested in N’Zogbia.

The Frenchman is not giving up hope of a switch back to Tyneside from perennial Premier League strugglers Wigan Athletic.

It’s thought that wages – contrary to reports – are not the sticking point for the 25-year-old, with the transfer fee very much determining whether N’Zogbia will be grounded at Wigan or not.

With N’Zogbia still on holiday in Miami, the former Le Havre man’s future is being looked after by Parisian lawyer Christophe Bertrand, who was told in no uncertain terms before N’Zogbia left for the United States, exactly what his priorities were.

A source close to N’Zogbia told the Chronicle: “Charles is still on holiday in the States.

“But he would be delighted to come back and complete a move to Newcastle.

“It’s not all about money for Charles and, despite what people have said, it is very much about football for him.

“He knows what a massive club Newcastle are and is determined to be part of things next season.”

Wigan chairman Whelan had said: “I do think he will go this summer, but we want the right price before we allow that to happen.

“We have a fee in mind that we want and we are fighting to get that fee.

“We’ve had three or four clubs biting, wanting to be kept in the know.”

Meanwhile, James Perch will seek talks with Alan Pardew on his return to Tyneside on July 4 after telling friends: “I want to know where I stand.”

The utility player could, though, find refuge at Birmingham City after Chris Hughton was unveiled as manager at St Andrews.

Hughton woke up to headlines this morning linking him with a move for Toon midfielder Danny Guthrie, while Leon Best and Nile Ranger are also players the ex-United manager feels he can get the best out of.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1Q65LrS9D

Cameron Jerome and Nile Ranger up front. Not a lot of goals in that.

Looks like he's on his way out, and the Brummies couldn't be happier.

Asked a mate about Gardener and says he's a very poor mans Lampard.

Looks like he's on his way out, and the Brummies couldn't be happier.

Asked a mate about Gardener and says he's a very poor mans Lampard.

Yeah don't know why anyone is interested in Gardner, he puts in the odd decent game every 3 months or so. Ranger on loan to Birmingham would be ideal alright.

Edited by TicTacWoe

I don't get how we're still so strongly linked. Where exactly would he fit into our side? I know we need options but there's other positions that need to be strengthened as a priority before we sign another left sided player.

I don't get how we're still so strongly linked. Where exactly would he fit into our side? I know we need options but there's other positions that need to be strengthened as a priority before we sign another left sided player.

He's Enrique's replacement :lol:

Oh, dear.

Cameron Jerome and Nile Ranger will be more likely to hit the target with a gun than they are with a ball.

Gangstaz innit.

Chronny

Meanwhile, it is understood United are still in the hunt for Charles N’Zogbia.

Sources close to the midfielder claim Sunderland are struggling to put together a package to attract the Frenchman to Wearside and N’Zogbia is still holding out for a return to the black-and-whites.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think we are going to spend £9m on him? Not a chance.

I suspect his agent is trying to drum up interest. I'd be baffled if we signed a mf in priority to a striker or a defender even. Maybe we were interested before we signed cabaye and merveaux, if there's any truth in the rumor.

This is the scary thought that we drop nearly £10mil on a midfielder when we have sold our 2 top scorers in the last 6 months and beyond that we still haven't adequately replaced Martins, Owen and Viduka from 2 years ago! They may have been shite but McLoven and Best are even worse.

N'Zogbia is definitely leaving Wigan.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7030217,00.html

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has revealed the club cannot afford not to sell star winger Charles N'Zogbia this summer.

The Frenchman has been linked with a summer move with the likes of Aston Villa, Liverpool and Sunderland all mentioned.

The 25-year-old is entering the final year of his Wigan deal and the club do not want to run the risk of losing him for free.

Only recently manager Roberto Martinez said the club could retain its star players, Whelan now admits they have little option but to sell.

The Latics supremo would love to extend N'Zogbia's deal, however, he concedes it is a 'very difficult' situation.

"We have to sell Charles N'Zogbia because he's on the last year of his contract," explained Whelan.

"We can't keep him if a big club comes for him and he does deserve a big club because he's that kind of quality player.

"We would love to keep him and pay him what he wants to stay with us but it's a very difficult situation.

"He's such a great player and we are such a small club sometimes we don't go together."

I like how we've been omitted from that list of clubs.

N'Zogbia and Given will both be at Villa before the end of the summer. Ironic really that those are the two who left under JFK and arguably the final nail in our relegation coffin.