Christmas Tree's new name

Jusoda Kid

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noisewater. You're an eye doctor aren't you? If I've recently developed what i think is an eye floater, will they be able to confirm my self diagnosis at a specsavers sight test? Or do I need to go somewhere else?

Bianca, I don't know if you're being serious or its some sort of in joke thing that I'm not aware of. But my best friend had floaters for awhile, kept ignoring them. They are normally nothing serious. But hers wouldn't go away so she went to the opticians who then sent her to the docs who also had a look then sent her to hospital.....thank god they did as she had to have laser treatment right there and then as she had tears in her retina. They keep a regular check on her now. She's had to have two more laser sessions on that eye. And months later she had the same happen with the other eye. Scary stuff.

Bevmeister. I'm serious, this weird thing in my vision that looks exactly like the picture they have on the wikipedia article for floaters. I've got an appointment this weekend - its unlikely that its tears cos i had my tear ducts removed at birth as I have no use for them.

Eh? :rolleyes: Please explain that Bianca sweetie!

Crying is for wimps.

I think TR meant tears on the retina as in to make (an opening) by ripping. Your retina is in eyeball anyway so how would tears affect it? Btw don't you get really dry eyes without tear ducts?

I get floaters all the time, but the type Alex describes.

Yes I did mean tears as in rips , not 'tears' that you cry! I thought Bianca had read that wrong, but couldn't believe he'd be that dim!! :rolleyes::D :D

Edited by Toonraider

I divvint like what he says to Wacky like about him being small. I find it ironic however him saying that seeing as though he once said he was 5ft8, but miraculously grew 2 inches in a week. Wacky's not going to take offence at that but someone who's more sensitive might be mortified by it, it's a canny personal thing to say, like when a lass says you've got a small cock, not that anyones said that to me like! Probs said it about me just not to me, but if he'd step away from the personal insults he'd be a lot more popular. He's by no means in the top 20 biggest doilums who have ever used this board but sometimes does himself nee favours. I think cunts on here don't like being patronised neither which causes problems with him sometimes.

Edited by McFaul

They arent floaters then are they, cuntwhistle?

The ones Alex described ARE floaters too. Sometimes they are more visible when looking at plain white or one colour backgrounds- like skies. They can be all sorts of shapes and sizes. Its just debris that gets stuck in the vitrieous fluid thats in your eye.

In layman's terms they are, aye.

Anyway, how do you avoid dry eyes? I get them despite having functioning tear ducts.

Btw, I thought Noisewater was being sarcastic last night re: his comments on Tom.

Noisewater. You're an eye doctor aren't you? If I've recently developed what i think is an eye floater, will they be able to confirm my self diagnosis at a specsavers sight test? Or do I need to go somewhere else?

More than likely just a normal floater, caused by bits of debris (dead cells etc.) floating around in the vitreous ( the jelly inside your eye). Not a great deal you can do about them and certainly nothing to worry about. If there are lots of them and they came on suddenly it could be a vitreous detachment, your optician would need to dilate your pupils to have a proper look at that. Again, nothing too major. If you've experienced flashing lights or 'cobwebs' in your vision it could be a retinal detachment. This is the least likely but most serious option. Needs seeing to sharpish (ie this afternoon) if that's the case.

In theory you should get just as good a test at specsavers as you do anywhere else. However, due to time pressures they might not do a dilation or a visual field test that an independant optom might.

More than likely just a normal floater, caused by bits of debris (dead cells etc.) floating around in the vitreous ( the jelly inside your eye). Not a great deal you can do about them and certainly nothing to worry about. If there are lots of them and they came on suddenly it could be a vitreous detachment, your optician would need to dilate your pupils to have a proper look at that. Again, nothing too major. If you've experienced flashing lights or 'cobwebs' in your vision it could be a retinal detachment. This is the least likely but most serious option. Needs seeing to sharpish (ie this afternoon) if that's the case.

In theory you should get just as good a test at specsavers as you do anywhere else. However, due to time pressures they might not do a dilation or a visual field test that an independant optom might.

Yeah my friend had that too aswell as the floaters, and she said it was like her vision was cloudy like a veil had come down over her eye. Thank god she went when she did.

The explanation for Gemmill's flattering self-image has become clearer.

As he looks disappointingly yet clearly into the mirror at his defomed arms and pot belly for the first time in months, the words 'should have gone to specsavers' form in his head.

Eric Bristowe

Joseph Goebbels

Phil Taylor

Pete Burns

Kylie Minogue

Alistair Campbell

Bullseye

Jim Bowen

Think I've used most of these before...owt to do with a 180 or spinning will do.

Anyway, how do you avoid dry eyes? I get them despite having functioning tear ducts.

Btw, I thought Noisewater was being sarcastic last night re: his comments on Tom.

How can you take the piss out of me for mixing up tears and tears in an eye discussion, whilst simultaneously believing that I had my tear ducts removed at birth? :rolleyes:

Dr. K cheers for the advice. I'm at the North Shields branch of specsavers which I imagine is where they send their most accomplished optician, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Guest alex
Eric Bristowe

Joseph Goebbels

Phil Taylor

Pete Burns

Kylie Minogue

Alistair Campbell

Bullseye

Jim Bowen

Think I've used most of these before...owt to do with a 180 or spinning will do.

Stop derailing the thread.

How can you take the piss out of me for mixing up tears and tears in an eye discussion, whilst simultaneously believing that I had my tear ducts removed at birth? :rolleyes:

:D You might have had some eye surgery as a bairn for all I know. Wasn't really thinking anyway, the tear ducts remove tears, not make them (iirc that's the lacrimal glands). Hope your appointment goes ok [/change subject].

I did think all this floater talk was poo realted.

I have never had poo or those wiggly things in my eyes.

Me neither, Barney. Only sub-humans get them.

Internet high-five.