Political Correctness gone mad

Smooth Operator

Apparently taxi drivers in Gateshead cannot decorate their taxi's with xmas themed decorations for fear of offending the large Jewish population on the wrong side of the Tyne.

For fucking hell's sake! So next time one of them struts down the street wearing a kippa (those daft hats they wear), i'll kindly ask them to remove as I am offended by it's religious intent!

I had the misfortune to work in Gateshead for a couple of years in the heart of the Jewish "settlement" and there are indeed thousands of them!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearing in mind most of these word of mouth "'They' have banned *****" turn out to be nonsense, I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Who's stopping them? The taxi companies? Which ones? Did they say it was because of Jews?

Edited by BlueStar

Apparently taxi drivers in Gateshead cannot decorate their taxi's with xmas themed decorations for fear of offending the large Jewish population on the wrong side of the Tyne.

For fucking hell's sake! So next time one of them struts down the street wearing a kippa (those daft hats they wear), i'll kindly ask them to remove as I am offended by it's religious intent!

I had the misfortune to work in Gateshead for a couple of years in the heart of the Jewish "settlement" and there are indeed thousands of them!

68309[/snapback]

Have you got a legitimate source for this (Daily Mail not acceptable), or is it in fact complete bull shit?

Edited by Renton

A lass was on the radio this morning saying her bloke was a taxi driver in Gateshead and he wasn't allowed to hang tinsel in his car, iirc she said it was the same last year.

I'd imagine Dean's taxi firm would be hit by this ban as it's the biggest in Gateshead.

Holocaust deny-er tbh.

;)

ps those hats are shit mind.

68310[/snapback]

I still can't believe I live in a country where it's illegal to question the number of people who died in the holocaust, fucking rediculous. I don't agree with David Irving but his opinion should not be illegal.

Holocaust deny-er tbh.

;)

ps those hats are shit mind.

68310[/snapback]

I still can't believe I live in a country where it's illegal to question the number of people who died in the holocaust, fucking rediculous. I don't agree with David Irving but his opinion should not be illegal.

68315[/snapback]

About what? Them hats?

A lass was on the radio this morning saying her bloke was a taxi driver in Gateshead and he wasn't allowed to hang tinsel in his car, iirc she said it was the same last year.

I'd imagine Dean's taxi firm would be hit by this ban as it's the biggest in Gateshead.

68314[/snapback]

Well it must be true then. Quick, phone the Daily Mail!

P.S. What religious connotation does tinsel have? Could there be another more legitimate reason?

68314[/snapback]

A taxi driver told me that asylum seekers got free tellies and another one told my mate Paul that they got free cars ;)

68314[/snapback]

P.S. What religious connotation does tinsel have? Could there be another more legitimate reason?

68317[/snapback]

Presumably if the drivers wanted to express their Christianity in some other way they could dress up as Jesus over xmas instead. With all loin cloths n that.

68314[/snapback]

A taxi driver told me that asylum seekers got free tellies and another one told my mate Paul that they got free cars ;)

68318[/snapback]

Cars with free tellies in tbh.

68314[/snapback]

68317[/snapback]

Sorry Rabbi Renton, i seem to have given you a flea in your kippa!

The connection is simply that tinsel is a christmas related decoration and they take offence to it. This wife was also on about the taxi drivers being asked not to refer to Christmas but to say festive period instead! Basically not specify the particular occasion, so next time Ramadam comes round I expect not to hear a peep out of the Jews then?????

Edited by Smooth Operator

68314[/snapback]

68317[/snapback]

Presumably if the drivers wanted to express their Christianity in some other way they could dress up as Jesus over xmas instead. With all loin cloths n that.

68320[/snapback]

;)

Jesus wept tbh

68314[/snapback]

68317[/snapback]

The connection is simply that tinsel is a christmas related decoration and they take offence to it. This wife was also on about the taxi drivers being asked not to refer to Christmas but to say festive period instead! Basically not specify the particular occasion, so next time Ramadam comes round I expect not to hear a peep out of the Jews then?????/

68329[/snapback]

Nazi GOLD tbh! ;)

68314[/snapback]

68317[/snapback]

68320[/snapback]

;)

Jesus wept tbh

68330[/snapback]

On those beaded seat covers I dont doubt it.

68314[/snapback]

68317[/snapback]

The connection is simply that tinsel is a christmas related decoration and they take offence to it. This wife was also on about the taxi drivers being asked not to refer to Christmas but to say festive period instead! Basically not specify the particular occasion, so next time Ramadam comes round I expect not to hear a peep out of the Jews then?????

68329[/snapback]

Excuse me for asking for a source; some wifey of a taxi driver on the radio doesn't really count for me. If you think its true though, contact the Mail or TalkSport, they'll make it the headline in 5 minutes.

Don't know if you're being ironic about Ramadam btw.

68314[/snapback]

68317[/snapback]

68329[/snapback]

Excuse me for asking for a source; some wifey of a taxi driver on the radio doesn't really count for me. If you think its true though, contact the Mail or TalkSport, they'll make it the headline in 5 minutes.

68348[/snapback]

Ramadan tbh. Quality stuff either way though. ;)

68348[/snapback]

Bollocks, I want all my news this way from now on. Can we set up the 'Wifey told me this taxi driver said' thread?