Ranger up for sale

Christmas Tree

If true would be a bit mental having just given him the 5yr. Would make more sense sending him out on loan.

NILE RANGER is set for a shock summer exit from St James’ after Newcastle chiefs told the England under-20 striker to find a new club.

Despite handing him a five-year deal last year, Alan Pardew informed Ranger last week he is not in his plans.

United chiefs believe he needs a new start to reinvigorate his fledgling career and believe only a PERMANENT move away from the North East will give him that.

He was informed a loan – on the table last summer – is out of the question, and the club have already knocked back one proposal that involved a six-month temporary switch with the option of a permanent deal at the end of it.

Newcastle have put a price tag in excess of £1m on his head, and there has been initial interest from Bolton and QPR.

Neither has made a formal offer yet and, if he doesn’t find a new club – still a possibility – he will head back to Tyneside for pre-season on July 4 to face an uncertain future.

Getting the axe from Newcastle is a crushing blow for Ranger.

A Dennis Wise signing, Ranger burst on to the scene in 2009 with a series of brilliant displays for the Academy and reserve side. He quickly graduated to the senior side and scored some vital goals during the Championship season.

But there have been a number of run-ins over Ranger’s discipline, and last month he was splashed over the front of a newspaper holding a replica gun.

Despite that setback, his attitude had improved dramatically of late, and there have even been positive noises from Pardew about his improved approach.

United have drawn up a five-man striker hit-list that is still topped by Lorient forward Kevin Gameiro.

And United had scouts at Wembley yesterday, watching Swiss goal hero Tranquillo Barnetta.

The Sunday Sun has been told there is no interest in Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley and that Dimitar Berbatov is NOT a target..

Edited by Christmas Tree

NILE RANGER is set for a shock summer exit from St James’ after Newcastle chiefs told the England under-20 striker to find a new club.

Despite handing him a five-year deal last year, Alan Pardew informed Ranger last week he is not in his plans.

United chiefs believe he needs a new start to reinvigorate his fledgling career and believe only a PERMANENT move away from the North East will give him that.

He was informed a loan – on the table last summer – is out of the question, and the club have already knocked back one proposal that involved a six-month temporary switch with the option of a permanent deal at the end of it.

Newcastle have put a price tag in excess of £1m on his head, and there has been initial interest from Bolton and QPR.

Neither has made a formal offer yet and, if he doesn’t find a new club – still a possibility – he will head back to Tyneside for pre-season on July 4 to face an uncertain future.

Getting the axe from Newcastle is a crushing blow for Ranger.

A Dennis Wise signing, Ranger burst on to the scene in 2009 with a series of brilliant displays for the Academy and reserve side. He quickly graduated to the senior side and scored some vital goals during the Championship season.

But there have been a number of run-ins over Ranger’s discipline, and last month he was splashed over the front of a newspaper holding a replica gun.

Despite that setback, his attitude had improved dramatically of late, and there have even been positive noises from Pardew about his improved approach.

United have drawn up a five-man striker hit-list that is still topped by Lorient forward Kevin Gameiro.

And United had scouts at Wembley yesterday, watching Swiss goal hero Tranquillo Barnetta.

The Sunday Sun has been told there is no interest in Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley and that Dimitar Berbatov is NOT a target..

:gay:

He's been a decent impact player, Ranger, you think he could do it for 90 minutes, maybe a few goals may have changed things for him, but if his attitude is all wrong, then I suppose if you've tried and he isn't going to respond then you have to get rid.

If he bucks his ideas up somewhere else then that's just the way it goes.

Shola Ameobi now even more firmly entrenched as the clubs nr 1 striker, closely followed by Leon Best.

Fuck me.

mistake to sell him - in my opinion

I think I agree, tbh, on 2nd thoughts. I don't know what they have tried, but attitude can be changed especially in a young player. The trouble is, we on the outside, don't really know how poor his attitude is.

mistake to sell him - in my opinion

I think I agree, tbh, on 2nd thoughts. I don't know what they have tried, but attitude can be changed especially in a young player. The trouble is, we on the outside, don't really know how poor his attitude is.

Thats pretty much it, even Joey Barton has shown he can change (for the time being at least) so there's hope for Ranger . Whether he's any good as a footballer remains to be seen.

I'd get rid of Ameobi, Best and Lovenkrands before I got to Ranger - he has a bit of promise despite being an idiot (at the moment to give him the benefit)

Didn't Nolan even come out and say he had offered Ranger extra help but he had turned it down!

The clubs also got to weigh up their striker plans. Who is coming in, who is on the books who they are unlikely to shift, and which youth players they want to channel their efforts and time into.

I don't think their is any chance that Ashley would let a rough diamond go if there was a possibility of turnin him around for future profit.

Big time Charlie without the skill by the sound of it.

The trouble is, we on the outside, don't really know how poor his attitude is.

Indeed, it could be that his lack of interest in really trying could be a great annoyance to the rest. Didn't I read somewhere that the likes of Nolan were willing to stay behind after daily training to work with him further ... yet he showed no interest?

The trouble is, we on the outside, don't really know how poor his attitude is.

Indeed, it could be that his lack of interest in really trying could be a great annoyance to the rest. Didn't I read somewhere that the likes of Nolan were willing to stay behind after daily training to work with him further ... yet he showed no interest?

He prefers shopping without cash, alledgedly.

You see a player like him, with massive strength and pace, and wonder why he doesn't have the desire to use them to his advantage. Sad. I don't really agree he is a limited footballer, I think he has some potential, but if he's not going to do it then he will only look back and regret it later.

You can't switch things on and off like a tap, if he grows up when he is in his mid-20's it would be too late for him.

wouldn't shed a tear if he got peddled (as long as replacement brought in etc etc). to some extent club shot itself in the foot awarding a 5 year gig . obviously thinks he's 'made it' as a result and taken what little desire and motivation the prick (n)ever had . kk was a great player (and by his own admission) not out of pure natural talent but more as a result of application. training on top of training on top of training.

this prick's more interested in limping about with his jeans hanging off his arse . fuck'm off .

Didn't Nolan even come out and say he had offered Ranger extra help but he had turned it down!

Didn't I read somewhere that the likes of Nolan were willing to stay behind after daily training to work with him further ... yet he showed no interest?

Nolan said it in a Q&A at one of the talk-in's. Was asked who the thickest player at the club was and he said Ranger. Said he offers to stay behind after training to work on his finishing with him but Nile always turns it down and goes home.

He'll never make it if that's his attitude. Just as stupid giving him a five year contract though.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater