Darlington

Deano

There's a pub just outside the station called Hogan's it's massive, and cheap as fuck, regardless when you go in there's loads of young single lasses in there, but it's nee Ritz. Apart from that the rest of the bars are half a mile away, and it's far from spectacular, think South Shields without the mackem accents, and even then it's still probably not as good as that.

There's a pub just outside the station called Hogan's it's massive, and cheap as fuck, regardless when you go in there's loads of young single lasses in there, but it's nee Ritz. Apart from that the rest of the bars are half a mile away, and it's far from spectacular, think South Shields without the mackem accents, and even then it's still probably not as good as that.

I think Hogans sells cheap beer because its just about past its sell buy date. They had one in Bishop Auckland when I was living over that way. Nowt wrong with the beer tho, tastes fine but the place was always full of knob heads!

It depends what kind of day/night you want really. Darlington is not the shithole people make it out to be. The bad parts are really bad granted but the majority is ok! For me, Oven is by far the best restraunt in the town. The service can be slow but the food more than makes up for it. Bar wise, stay out of hogans if at all possible, full of absolute dicks. Some nice bars in the town centre are

Joes

Hash

22's,

The Grange (great if the weather is good)

Seen

Harveys

P.s the above order is a decent way to do them in!

and thats about it. You won't find any comedy clubs or anything like that! In terms of clubbing one club left is Inside Out which is actually failry decent, the other one was the old Mardi Gras which changed to escapades but a squaddy got battered in there and ended up dead and it hasn't re-opened yet! (told you it wasn't a shithole :lol: )

Hogans is a fucking dive, avoid like the Plague.

Also avoid Insideout and Escapade at all costs.

I usually drink in either The Quakerhouse, 22s, Tanners or The Tap.

All have a few decent ales, Quakerhouse and 22s especially.

It depends what kind of day/night you want really. Darlington is not the shithole people make it out to be. The bad parts are really bad granted but the majority is ok! For me, Oven is by far the best restraunt in the town. The service can be slow but the food more than makes up for it. Bar wise, stay out of hogans if at all possible, full of absolute dicks. Some nice bars in the town centre are

Joes

Hash

22's,

The Grange (great if the weather is good)

Seen

Harveys

P.s the above order is a decent way to do them in!

and thats about it. You won't find any comedy clubs or anything like that! In terms of clubbing one club left is Inside Out which is actually failry decent, the other one was the old Mardi Gras which changed to escapades but a squaddy got battered in there and ended up dead and it hasn't re-opened yet! (told you it wasn't a shithole :D )

Hogans is a fucking dive, avoid like the Plague.

Also avoid Insideout and Escapade at all costs.

I usually drink in either The Quakerhouse, 22s, Tanners or The Tap.

All have a few decent ales, Quakerhouse and 22s especially.

Opinions noted. Cheers lads.

Think il be going to Joes and The Grange if the weathers nice then to Rani's for a curry.

:lol:

Appleby Horse Fair is on thus weekend, so Darlo will be a ghost town.

:gay:

Spent ages trying to think up a nice witty retort, problem is you are dead fucking right!

Are you giving me gyp?

:icon_lol:

Not Darlo. but Hartlepool..

Just randomly got chatting to the hubby of an old friend from Manc on FB tonight. I was good friends with them when I worked in Manc and then they moved to Florida about 8 yrs ago. They had triplets 16 mths ago and messaged me tonight asking if I live far from Hartlepool cos they'll be there in September and want to catch up. What a bloody comedown! Florida to Hartlepool! :icon_lol:

(Only jesting 2J :gay: )