O2 Broadband

The Fish

Considering switching to this from Sky, O2 offered 1st 3 months free and £20 a months after that. 20mb max speed and unlimited download (within fair usage) no connection fee.

Any horror stories that I should be aware of before I sign up?

I heard that o2 is meant to be one of the best ones for reliability.

I'm with BT now and have to say they are spot on...just overpriced.

I'm thinking of switching from BT to Orange cos I get discount with my phone. Anyone know if Orange are a bad idea or not?

I looked into switching to Orange, but it was hard to find anyone that had a good word to say about them when I started looking around on the internet for reviews and that. Didn't fancy risking it.

I heard that o2 is meant to be one of the best ones for reliability.

I'm with BT now and have to say they are spot on...just overpriced.

I'm thinking of switching from BT to Orange cos I get discount with my phone. Anyone know if Orange are a bad idea or not?

squirrel-nooooooo.jpg

Was with them for about a year. Absolute nightmare. When things go wrong, which they will, try getting any sense out of the Indian call centre.

Switched to 02 and their english call centre a few years ago. They are absolutely spot on and last year we stuck the home phone through them as well.

I :lol: o2

They can be a bit hit and miss now they've started the "traffic management" bollocks (it doesn't effect older users iirc). I had some crawling speeds in late march/early april, but they were resolved. The router they send you is pretty wank too so keep your current one and look up on google how to set it up on o2, chances are it'll be a piece of piss. They did recently put up the prices on some tarriffs which annoyed a lot of people. However if you have an o2 mobile you will get a discount that makes them one of the cheapest companies.

They can be a bit hit and miss now they've started the "traffic management" bollocks (it doesn't effect older users iirc). I had some crawling speeds in late march/early april, but they were resolved. The router they send you is pretty wank too so keep your current one and look up on google how to set it up on o2, chances are it'll be a piece of piss. They did recently put up the prices on some tarriffs which annoyed a lot of people. However if you have an o2 mobile you will get a discount that makes them one of the cheapest companies.

found an online deal which gives me 6 months free.

have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up now though.

thanks for all the advice lads :lol:

Am I missing something? Sky broadband is only £10 pm, why would you want to double your bill?

it's £10, plus BT line rental, so £20. O2 is £10 plus line rental, with 6 months free.