FIFA 12

Played UT a lot on FIFA09 and it's a lot of fun. Couldn't be bothered since, but enjoying getting back into this year!

Chemistry is hugely important, in fact I think you're better off with great chemistry and average players than the opposite.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use A at all, it doesn't help really

Slide when the ball is there to be won I never used to slide on the old fifas but its more important on this one

if someones getting away hammer X and pull them back :razz:

also on custom tactics I always use High Pressure or Possession play

Edited by Semimental

I think it's circle.

People seem to be just running past me, although on Saturday the more beers I had the more I was lashing people which is weird!

My Spanish team is now overall my highest rated, I hadn't realised that you could use the same card in multiple teams so Navas, Ramos and Reina are now in my spanish 11 and first 11

Really enjoying UT this time round, have hardly touched any other game modes actually.

I've got three teams so far, my best team, a NUFC team and a Spanish team some of the Toon players are a nightmare to get hold of, rare silver players that cost a bomb on the trade, our best players were all cheap and easy to pick up but the subs bench is costing a forutne to fill

Reina

Ramos

David Luiz

Lucio

Coentrao

Navas

Diego

Cambiasso

Piatti

Rossi

Higuain

Bench

Desanctis

Rafinha

Subotic

Marchisio

Gaitan

Muller

Lisandro Lopez

Res

Guarin

Obasi

Tremoulinas

Verthongen

Lucho Gonzalez

Krul

Simpson

Saylor

Colo

Santon

Obertan

Cabaye

Tiote

Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba (wanted an in form but waaaaay too much)

bench

Harper

Willo

Kadar

Gosling

Marveaux

Shola

Donaldson

no reserves yet

Asenjo

Angel

Marchena

Dominguez

Capdevilla

Javi Garcia

Cani

Jordi Alba

Camunas

Aduriz

Soldado

Bench

Aranzubia

Botia

Gurpegi

Nolito

Diego Capel

Thiago

Llorente

How the hell have you managed to buy 3 teams of that quality? What kind of players have you been getting in your packs? You must have gotten at least a few hundred thousand coins?

In the past 3 year of playing Ultimate Team on FIFA the only good player i've got on it is Modric who got in my first pack on this one which has helped is get a German team

I had another FIFA Tourny yesterday with International teams and got to the final with Brazil against me mate who was France and in the 87th minute I was winning 2-1 and he went through on goal with Remy and i managed to force him to the by line and when Cesar went down at his feet to comfortably collect the ball he absolutely yarked the ball in the back of the net with the back of his hand somehow, costing is the winnings and me mate to get a verbal volley towards him. :fuk:

Ive bought a few packs but not that many, though most of my best players I have got in them, Reina, Ramos, Lucio and Cambiasso but I just wheel and deal like mad, I trade on almost everything I get in packs and some players Ive picked up for far less than what they usually go for in the market, I think because I started UT on the very first day before the values had all been set I got a ton of ace players for my first team that had no chemistry so when it came to selling them to get the chem up I could charge way more like I bought Dzeko on day 1 for about 10k and sold him a week or so after for enough to buy Higuain and Rossi

the NUFC team was actually dirt cheap, Ba the only one who cost more than 1500 coins off the top of my head and the same with the spanish 11 they were really cheap, I only buy when Im getting a bargain so once I see a target I mess with the search parameters and make sure i get the cheapest one possible, some people dont check prices before they put player on for trade :razz:

oh and I pulled a black border guy who was actually shit but he went for tons

Edited by Semimental

My main team is an Anglo-French one:

anglofrancout.jpg

Don't like spending too much on a single player so unless I get lucky in packs I can't see it improving that much in terms of the quality of personnel. Any time I get any one of real quality I tend to just play them for a few games then sell them on to get money for more packs! If he's not English, French or has 4-4-2 he'll be out the door.

Got Enrique who sold for just under 5k and a couple other 83+ players I've ditched :D

Don't think I've spent more than 800-1K on a single player.

I know the reality of the market, but I still enjoy working my way towards the next pack. I guess that'll come in time once I get a few more coins playing games with the players I have. I'll fancy an upgrade after a while.

For now just working on getting Bronze and Silver teams together to pick up some Tournament Trophies.

it is more fun buying packs with coins than just players

however if youre interested Ive a bunch of players on the market at the moment :razz:

Edited by Semimental

currently doing something Ive not bothered with any fifa before

actually learning what skills can be used in proper matches and trying them, random cut backs and flicks all over the show while im doing this :razz:

got bored of the spanish 11 so theyve been sold (unless they were also in my top team) and from the spoils I have crafted a belgian 11 after picking up Eden Hazard and Vermaelen on the cheap

there are NO good belgian fullbacks but the rest of the team is pretty good so far, Kompany is pretty pricey so Ive had to make do without him for now

Important thing is chemistry which works based on position, formation,and the links between players based on club, nation and league they play in.

Once you get that good you'll notice that AI movement off the ball is much better, passes connect easier and players seem to play as well as they should.

Or is it something else?

Important thing is chemistry which works based on position, formation,and the links between players based on club, nation and league they play in.

Once you get that good you'll notice that AI movement off the ball is much better, passes connect easier and players seem to play as well as they should.

Or is it something else?

Cheers Drew. I'll have a proper go at it this weekend. Bought Welbeck and now can't enter bronze compititions. I suppose I should just decide what formation I want to play(?) and try and get players from the same nation who can fit it?