Liverpool

The Fish

In the last 7 years the citizens of Liverpool have committed 357432 more crimes than we have

Just saying.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool or Merseyside, its a big place

Are you suggesting that Liverpool is the eye of the storm for crime in Merseyside? :lol:

Me mate works for the OB, as an OB. He was saying some of the kids he worked with have worked for Merseyside OB, and their crime rates aren't much different from Northumbria police. What he did say though was, something that is seen as a crime here, isn't necessarily reported as a crime there because it happens so often, and the figures are completely doctored.

Me mate works for the OB, as an OB. He was saying some of the kids he worked with have worked for Merseyside OB, and their crime rates aren't much different from Northumbria police. What he did say though was, something that is seen as a crime here, isn't necessarily reported as a crime there because it happens so often, and the figures are completely doctored.

What? You telling me that any self respecting Scouser would miss out on a chance to make a claim?

Load of shit really. If one police force in this country doctors figures then you can rest assured every other force does exactly the same.

Merseyside's crime figures have been going down steadily year on year, but as to how good or bad they are coming down from is anyones guess, unless Fish, who seems to have nothing better to do, could look in to it.

What? You telling me that any self respecting Scouser would miss out on a chance to make a claim?

Load of shit really. If one police force in this country doctors figures then you can rest assured every other force does exactly the same.

Merseyside's crime figures have been going down steadily year on year, but as to how good or bad they are coming down from is anyones guess, unless Fish, who seems to have nothing better to do, could look in to it.

The reported crimes are reducing across the country, even in Liverpool. I honestly believe this provides only a portion of the facts, how many crimes aren't being reported, how many crimes are being re-classified. Especially when officers have targets to meet. Changing one crime to another by simple interpretation can make "violent Crime" in the neighbourhood take a nose dive. It's easier to gauge performance with ticks in a box, rather than invested assessment.

However you duke the stats, Liverpool's reputation seems merited.

Just sayin'

The reported crimes are reducing across the country, even in Liverpool. I honestly believe this provides only a portion of the facts, how many crimes aren't being reported, how many crimes are being re-classified. Especially when officers have targets to meet. Changing one crime to another by simple interpretation can make "violent Crime" in the neighbourhood take a nose dive. It's easier to gauge performance with ticks in a box, rather than invested assessment.

However you duke the stats, Liverpool's reputation seems merited.

Just sayin'

Same as for ALL forces so nothing there to distinguish Liverpool from any others.

You say 'seems to be merited', which is your perception and you're entitled to it, but actually Liverpool is one of the safest city centres in the UK. It has a hard edge yeah, but that adds to the excitement for many people.

Most things here are on the up although there are still problems, as with most towns and cities, but a lot of progress has been made over the last decade or so. We're usually in the top ten of most things, retail, tourism, uk cities to see before you die etc....so, happily, your perception doesn't stretch to the evryone in the UK.

Edited by Pacinofan

Did you not know Liverpool has double the amount of people Newcastle has you silly twat.

Fucking mess this thread wasting space up for fuck sake

Statistically, scousers are amongst the stupidest people in Europe

Tell that to John Lennon!

Statistically geordies need to learn English before they go on the TV. Thats why none of you fuckers can hit it big in the US. Ask Ant and Dec and the byker grove crew.

Edited by Dafydd

Statistically geordies need to learn English before they go on the TV. Thats why none of you fuckers can hit it big in the US. Ask Ant and Dec and the byker grove crew.

Your patter is so shit :lol:

That reedy voiced, mother obsessed, over rated weirdigan has been dead longer than I've been alive, so it would be hard to communicate with him. Smeckles!

I have been to Liverpool a few times, and this is what I found.

The derby match was one, and both sets of fans were in the same pubs, and there was no hint of it kicking off, the Albert Docks are a waste of a World Heritage Site, Toxteth looks like the riots happened the weekend before and the original design for the Catholic cathedral would have made Hitler and Speer proud in terms of scale.

I couldn't live in Liverpool though because of the accent.

That reedy voiced, mother obsessed, over rated weirdigan has been dead longer than I've been alive, so it would be hard to communicate with him. Smeckles!

I have been to Liverpool a few times, and this is what I found.

The derby match was one, and both sets of fans were in the same pubs, and there was no hint of it kicking off, the Albert Docks are a waste of a World Heritage Site, Toxteth looks like the riots happened the weekend before and the original design for the Catholic cathedral would have made Hitler and Speer proud in terms of scale.

I couldn't live in Liverpool though because of the accent.

Maybe it was the Blackburn accent that made Shearer take up residence in Merseyside 40 odd miles away.

Have you any idea how big an area the world heritage tag covers? The Albert Dock is only a small portion. It stretches from there right along to Stanley Dock and comes in to the city centre as far as The Rope Walks.

Depends which part of Toxteth you went to really, love this part myself.

Georgian%20Quarter.jpg

Edited by Pacinofan

It has some nice architecture (thanks to the slave trade, lest we forget!) but the more you walk around the more bother you see from confused drunks.

I do like the place, just not all of it and comparatively Newcastle shits on it as Alex described previously, Newcastle is happening, Liverpool has happened.

I disagree with you totally Tom.

I have nothing against Newcastle at all, it's a nice place but I think Liverpool pisses all over it. Don't really want to get abusive, even in a mild way, but the irony in your confused drunks comment is laughable.

There isn't anywhere in the UK that didn't benefit from the slave trade unless they walked around naked, and much of Liverpools architecture was built well after the abolition. Liverpool is very much on the up and in many things leaves Newcastle well behind.

Edited by Pacinofan

I'm just speaking from personal experience, from what I seen, when I was there. I'm not talking about confused drunks on a night out, I'm talking on a Thursday morning.

I can see we have our deeply ingrained preferences so any argument is largely pointless.

Although I'm not from Newcastle or Liverpool so I can get a good solid view of good and bad.

Why do the outer suburbs of Liverpool certainly appear to be completely boarded up?

I'm an away season ticket holder and sadly there is nowhere else to compare to that depressing spectacle in any other major city we have visisted in the last few seasons...and it seems that its been that way in Liverpool for years tbh.

I understand urban regeneration and its gone on in other major cities for the last 3 decades, but why are there huge swathes of your city condemned in the 21st century?