JCB Song

Ketsbaia

Just listened to it here, if anyone's not heard it, I hated it, I had difficulty getting through it.

68020[/snapback]

in the words of that irish bloke of x factor 'I loyked it'

didnt know it was a 'cynical re-release' mind but there are a lot of songs i'd less prefer to be christmas no.1

Re-release?

'Tis dead nice, anyway. OK, so it's cynical and schmaltzy, but it's got to be better than that Westlife/Diana Ross abomination or whatever the X Factor winner inflicts on us. Apparently the small record label that's distributing it will be struggling to meet demand in Christmas week, though, so I wouldn't build up any great hopes of a "Mad World"-esque chart upset. Ho well.

in the words of that irish bloke of x factor 'I loyked it'

didnt know it was a 'cynical re-release' mind but there are a lot of songs i'd less prefer to be christmas no.1

68022[/snapback]

???

I'm so out of the loop since I stopped my Sky subscription!

just realised, what's happened to my christmassy avatar??

i had him topless with a santa hat on when i was at work but now he's back to normal!  whats going on like?

68026[/snapback]

He's there, press Ctrl+F5, I think.

i had him topless with a santa hat on when i was at work but now he's back to normal!  whats going on like?

68026[/snapback]

68028[/snapback]

excellent thanks boys

seems like a christamssy avatar is now a pre-requisite for posting on here. rightly so mind I was just panicking that my masterpiece had left me ;)

Yeah it was first released in the spring (I think) but has being re-released due to "public pressure". They are sticking with the small label, funnily enough fronted by the blokes dad - the JCB driver, very sweet. Despite it being on a small label I think it's safe to say they won't run out of copies. Doubt it'll be crimbo number one cos the pre-sales for Cowells wallet liner are already at 750,000, all three finalists have recorded a version so they can send it to press on Saturday and have it in the shops.

Hard not to be cynical about the whole Christmas number one when you've got stuff like that going on.

Yeah it was first released in the spring (I think) but has being re-released due to "public pressure". They are sticking with the small label, funnily enough fronted by the blokes dad - the JCB driver, very sweet. Despite it being on a small label I think it's safe to say they won't run out of copies. Doubt it'll be crimbo number one cos the pre-sales for Cowells wallet liner are already at 750,000, all three finalists have recorded a version so they can send it to press on Saturday and have it in the shops.

Hard not to be cynical about the whole Christmas number one when you've got stuff like that going on.

68034[/snapback]

what song's been recorded by the x factor winner, do you know? obviously i aint gonna order it until i know which christmas classic they have chosen this year ;)

68034[/snapback]

what song's been recorded by the x factor winner, do you know? obviously i aint gonna order it until i know which christmas classic they have chosen this year ;)

68038[/snapback]

I can't remember the name of the single but I know it's not a cover. I got it wrong, the single isn't out monday, it'll be out on Wednesday.

Just went in at number 1 ahead of Westlife and Diana Ross. Cynical marketing campaign or not, that's gotta be a good thing. :huh:

69275[/snapback]

With Xmas being on a Sunday this year and thats when the charts are done, does that mean it's the Xmas number one? Since when the clock strikes 12 (or 24 if you're Nexus :lol: ) and it turns to Xmas day it will still be number one with the next chart rundown not being until 4pm?

Just went in at number 1 ahead of Westlife and Diana Ross. Cynical marketing campaign or not, that's gotta be a good thing. :huh:

69275[/snapback]

With Xmas being on a Sunday this year and thats when the charts are done, does that mean it's the Xmas number one? Since when the clock strikes 12 (or 24 if you're Nexus :lol: ) and it turns to Xmas day it will still be number one with the next chart rundown not being until 4pm?

69277[/snapback]

Unfortunately, it's next week's chart that counts for Christmas purposes - I presume the Sunday chart each week counts sales up to and including Saturday night, so the exact timing of its announcement isn't the relevant part. Which leaves the way open for Gurning Shayne from X Factor. Cuh. :nah:

69275[/snapback]

69277[/snapback]

Unfortunately, it's next week's chart that counts for Christmas purposes - I presume the Sunday chart each week counts sales up to and including Saturday night, so the exact timing of its announcement isn't the relevant part. Which leaves the way open for Gurning Shayne from X Factor. Cuh. :nah:

69279[/snapback]

Nailed on tbh.

Thought it would be the case where they would just say the chart was starting again on the Sunday.

68026[/snapback]

68028[/snapback]

Alt +F4 tbh