Is Michael Owen an Agent of Evil?

The thing is I don't think anyone objects to paying good wages to good players to attract them and going on from that attract others by association. Of course those wages have to be affordable in terms of squad numbers (ie if you have one Owen that doesn't mean you only pay peanuts for the whole defence) and of course in relation to overall finances.

I remember that for many years of the previous regime we did have a very healthy wage/turnover ration but towards the end it did get skewed into dodgy territory but that was probably just another symptom of the way football has gone in general.

The problem on the board now is that we can't discuss an individual issue without reference to LM's very black and white view. I can state that I think signing good players for high wages is fine as I just did but then say I think signing Owen was a mistake. That will be twisted into me saying I prefer Ashley's world view which is obviously not true.

What I'm trying to say to you LM is that [b your view that everything done previously was great and beyond reproach and everything done by Ashley has been wrong is too polarised [/b] which is why you can't accept that issues CAN be debated without reference to one universal view either way. As everything else in life it's shades of grey that rule which I hope you can realise which would improve contribution from all sides and views.

I hope you can respond to this sensibly.

usual rubbish. I've said ages ago they made mistakes. Its black and white with you tbh, you hate Shepherd, and thought we would do better with someone else, but we haven't, and it might take a while before we do.

It isn't worth replying to such a polarised, insular, incorrect view, and I'm not taking the piss.

We are not competing at the levels we should be, thats a fact, however you want to dress it up, we have become a selling club again, so stop making excuses.

Polite request ignored - too much to ask - you are a complete and utter waste of time as a contributor to this any other forum..

ditto. The truth doesn't go down well with you does it ?

You might be happy being a selling club again, and making excuses for it, but not everybody is.

I answered your stupid comment ref the ex owners and my thoughts on them, which I've said numerous times. You clearly didn't read a word.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh god - another thread perverted by Dr Evil

surfaced from reading your Koran have you ?

PS. Rob here's a tip. Read the thread from the beginning, a few people have acknowledged who hijacked this thread.....still, its not like you to make something up...... :lol:

Stick to the subject mate.

Edited by LeazesMag