Newcastle United Vs. West Bromwich Albion

loonyTOON

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see that banner unveiled at 3-0 "North East's top dogs". Blatently the reason why it all crumbled.....

Had some bother in the Gallowgate today, some fella's started on me and a couple of other lads for 'singing too much' :lol:

The reason it crumbled was Alan Smith came on. Give him £2m to go away.

I tell you what the most gutted people of all will be the fuckin cleaners. I bet they'd barely put the yellow pages down ringing Thomas Cook about that all inclusive in Turkey.

Guest alex

Given the circumstances you might have expected Smith to bomb on a bit, looking for a goal, testimonial-stylee but he was still shit scared to go forward and just sat in. I almost felt sorry for him until I remembered what he was on per week. Don't think you could blame him for the shocking marking for their goals though :lol:

Well as far as I could see the first one was down to Simpson, the second Coloccini for buying his dummy and the third as a combo of Krul/Taylor for not dealing with a cross/player.

However the substitutions didn't help and I didn't see the point of favouring Best/Smith over the young lads who did so well last week.

Havent read this thread yet but will do later.

Enjoyed a few new drinking holes that I'd never been to yesterday starting in off in somewhere called oneils? and then the Forth where I was extremely impressed with the lagers on offer and the upstairs terrace. :lol:

From there to the ground for seats in the Leazes end. Started off in the wrong seats and then evicted shortly before kick off and re-directed to the proper ones, right outside the Leazes bar.

Have always preferred viewing from the sides, but after yesterday, totally converted to and ends man. Just get to see so much more of whats going on, so clearer.

As for the game, Ameobi put in one of his more lazy, disgraceful performances and my only comfort come the final whistle was hopefully never seeing him in a black and white shirt again.

Stephen Taylor pleased me lots and Joey Bartons distribution at times was sublime.

Shane was knocked off the ball a couple of times, but overall played extremely well and while I know I'll get slated for going over the top, he does seem to have that comfort on the ball that you only see with top players. Hard to describe it but its almost as if he's already a couple of passes ahead.!!!

A couple of nice moves from Lua Lua but needs better boots next time.

By the time it all started to go to shit, I was probably a little worse for wear so not too sure where the blame lies for the goals. Though the substitutions were odd and just seemed to unsettle everything.

Enrique looked poor on occasions and Colochini looked magnificent on occasions.

Really looking forward to next season

As for the game, Ameobi put in one of his more lazy, disgraceful performances and my only comfort come the final whistle was hopefully never seeing him in a black and white shirt again.

Showed a bit of skill to win the corner for the first goal, and got the assist for the second iirc.

Thought he did well.

Best on the other hand was totally anonymous when he came on.

Guest alex

Showed a bit of skill to win the corner for the first goal, and got the assist for the second iirc.

Thought he did well.

I thought he was canny crap tbh but the above highlights he's probably the most effective (fit)* forward we have.

*Classing Ben Arfa as a 'forward'.

Enjoyed a few new drinking holes that I'd never been to yesterday starting in off in somewhere called oneils? and then the Forth where I was extremely impressed with the lagers on offer and the upstairs terrace. :lol:

From there to the ground for seats in the Leazes end. Started off in the wrong seats and then evicted shortly before kick off and re-directed to the proper ones, right outside the Leazes bar.

Have always preferred viewing from the sides, but after yesterday, totally converted to and ends man. Just get to see so much more of whats going on, so clearer.

Stephen Taylor pleased me lots and Joey Bartons distribution at times was sublime.

Shane was knocked off the ball a couple of times, but overall played extremely well and while I know I'll get slated for going over the top, he does seem to have that comfort on the ball that you only see with top players. Hard to describe it but its almost as if he's already a couple of passes ahead.!!!

By the time it all started to go to shit, I was probably a little worse for wear so not too sure where the blame lies for the goals. Though the substitutions were odd and just seemed to unsettle everything.

Admit it, CT, you are new to football aren't you.

I wasn't there. I didn't watch it on telly or on-line. I didn't listen to it on the radio.

However, can I give some credit to the West Brom team? Yeah, NUFC appear to have imploded, but once the baggies went 3 - 0 down most teams would have just given up, gone into damage limitation and the game would have fizzled out. I actually 'watched' the game on N-O :icon_lol Late on, with the game at 3-2 some charlie slagged off their goal scorer. I just knew as soon as I read it (as we all would have) that this guy was going to score again. Yip, as soon as I had finished reading the twat's post, the score went to 3-3 ;)

Credit to WBA players and, as someone else said, the result actually leaves us with the realisation of the truth of where the team is, not a false impression. As I said, I wasn't there (nor to any game this season) so this post could well be a load of tripe :lol:

Thought he did well.

I thought he was canny crap tbh but the above highlights he's probably the most effective (fit)* forward we have.

Certainly not "disgraceful".

Despite not scoring he did well following Brunt's dodgy clearance too. Might have shot sooner but took on a man and was unlucky 3 defenders had managed to get back to clear off the line when he got the shot on target and with force. The haters around me were raging at him for it...as if he should have walked it into the net past those 3. He ain't Messi.

Guest alex

Loved how Taylor got man of the match as well btw. You'd think the big strapping CF on the opposition side bagging a hattrick (ok, it was only two at the time of the announcement) might have dented his chances a bit :lol:

Given the circumstances you might have expected Smith to bomb on a bit, looking for a goal, testimonial-stylee but he was still shit scared to go forward and just sat in. I almost felt sorry for him until I remembered what he was on per week. Don't think you could blame him for the shocking marking for their goals though :lol:

No you couldn't but I still do. I blame him for Lady Di's death, the world economic crisis, and global warming too.

Guest alex

Thought he did well.

Certainly not "disgraceful".

Despite not scoring he did well following Brunt's dodgy clearance too. Might have shot sooner but took on a man and was unlucky 3 defenders had managed to get back to clear off the line when he got the shot on target and with force. The haters around me were raging at him for it...as if he should have walked it into the net past those 3. He ain't Messi.

Most people see what they want to see tbh :lol:

Best wasn't fit and should never have come on. That was a job for Ranger, with the perfect benefit of hindsight (although I said so at the time as well.)

I haven't seen almost any WBA matches aside from the two against us, but that Tchoyi did a number on us at the Hawthornes and he always looked WBA's best player yesterday too, even before scoring any goals. Seemed to have a bit of trickery and guile about him and could play others in as well as have a powerful shot himself. I think the commentators mentioned his last 18 or so appearances had been as a sub? Wouldn't mind going in for him if he's looking for more playing time... :lol:

never been to a game in my life tbf ;)

Guest Geordio Armani

The Fourth :D cunt of a place :icon_lol: cant get served, fucking expensive and its full of cunts.

I wasn't there. I didn't watch it on telly or on-line. I didn't listen to it on the radio.

However, can I give some credit to the West Brom team? Yeah, NUFC appear to have imploded, but once the baggies went 3 - 0 down most teams would have just given up, gone into damage limitation and the game would have fizzled out. I actually 'watched' the game on N-O :icon_lol Late on, with the game at 3-2 some charlie slagged off their goal scorer. I just knew as soon as I read it (as we all would have) that this guy was going to score again. Yip, as soon as I had finished reading the twat's post, the score went to 3-3 ;)

Credit to WBA players and, as someone else said, the result actually leaves us with the realisation of the truth of where the team is, not a false impression. As I said, I wasn't there (nor to any game this season) so this post could well be a load of tripe :lol:

First of all that starting 11 was a mile away from our real team and secondly, although i was drunk, I thought the subs made things worse. (Probably also the fact we were cruising at 3-0, some probably were deffo on the plane).

The Fourth :D cunt of a place :icon_lol: cant get served, fucking expensive and its full of cunts.

Sounds like it was on saturday anyway.

Loved how Taylor got man of the match as well btw. You'd think the big strapping CF on the opposition side bagging a hattrick (ok, it was only two at the time of the announcement) might have dented his chances a bit :lol:

I know I'm unfair on Taylor cos I hate the shit, so I'd like to say he did well yesterday, but do managers tell him to mark the line? He seems as drawn to it as he is other players lasses.

Twice he did very well to get back and clear off the line, but we wouldn't end up in that position if he could mark a man or own his part of the pitch effectively. Just looking at WBA's first and Taylor lets Tchoyi get away from him, then he catches him, but rather than make a tackle...he runs behind him to try and get to the line for a block ;) In fairness, it would have been daft to risk a penalty and being sent off at 3 nil up.

The third was terrible too though. Simpson mainly at fault, should have been the one pressuring the left winger...but Taylor doesn't give him a shout to sort it, he wanders across to do it himself, doesn't get close and then actually points into the box, where he should be as Tchoyi dives in for the header.

Comical

Guest alex

I think Simpson's shit tbh. He's not particularly good at anything at this level. He's an athlete but that's about it.

It's full of stuck up student cunts debate the tory policies down stairs like, but on the balcony seemed a good mix, fantastic pint like Kirin, can't get enough of it.

Guest Geordio Armani

It's full of stuck up student cunts debate the tory policies down stairs like, but on the balcony seemed a good mix, fantastic pint like Kirin, can't get enough of it.

Kirin eh never tried it mate but the fourth nah i prefer the new cocov whatever the cunts called