The Wonder Stuff..

Gemmill

...are playing the Carling Academy in March. :icon_lol: Anyway I used to like them and never got to see them first time around so am sharing this information with all of you just in case anyone else wants to see them. :icon_lol:

That's not an invite by the way. ;)

They'll always remind me of 95/96 and what might have been - we always seemed to have their album on in the car on the way to away games. See also (Whats the Story) for the same reason.

(That doesn't mean I now hate them btw)

sounds great to me but are they doing a national as Newcastle is a long way to come for a gig!

They never were the same after they lost 'the bass thing' and replaced him with excessive violinists mind but it still would be a great trip down memory lane!

sounds great to me but are they doing a national as Newcastle is a long way to come for a gig!

They never were the same after they lost 'the bass thing' and replaced him with excessive violinists mind but it still would be a great trip down memory lane!

67892[/snapback]

http://www.thewonderstuff.com/live.asp

That's the full tour on there.

expect to see me there big man!

67950[/snapback]

how big is the academy where they're playing (ie. how quick will the tickets sell out?) I might have to organise a trip home to see my parents round abour march but need to ensure it's a goer until i splash the cash

expect to see me there big man!

67950[/snapback]

how big is the academy where they're playing (ie. how quick will the tickets sell out?) I might have to organise a trip home to see my parents round abour march but need to ensure it's a goer until i splash the cash

67953[/snapback]

It's not a huge venue but it can certainly pack a few people in there. I've been there twice over the past couple of weeks and it's a cracking place.

EDIT!

Capacity of 2000 apparently ;)

Edited by catmag

got me thinking now about which bands i liked as a kid I'd most like to see reunited in concert.  my list goes somehting like this:

1. smiths

2. stone roses

3. faith no more

4. cud

5. abba ;)

68042[/snapback]

ABBA!

After the Vic Reeves collaboration I found it hard to listen to their stuff again.

I have to admit circle square is one of those songs that everytime I hear it I always sing along.

I'm off to these in January:

Classical radiohead???

elvis

got me thinking now about which bands i liked as a kid I'd most like to see reunited in concert.  my list goes somehting like this:

1. smiths

2. stone roses

3. faith no more

4. cud

5. abba :icon_lol:

68042[/snapback]

I saw cud at the Riverside. Class. ;)

1. smiths

2. stone roses

3. faith no more

4. cud

5. abba :icon_lol:

68042[/snapback]

I saw cud at the Riverside. Class. ;)

68070[/snapback]

yeah i saw them at the tic-toc club in coventry ( student days) and they were indeed superb. wonder whatever happened to them tbh - perhspa I should have a google...