Mods - time for a totting points system for serial idiots

Rob W

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

def-leppard-short-shorts.jpg

Aye, not camp at all :lol:

PWHOARRR I LOVE that photo. They wore all that because they'd been called sell outs. You can put piccys up of any band or artist from the 80's and laugh, so that doesnt count. Nor does Joe's mullet because he was so drop dead sexy it didnt matter. Its his eyes, any woman would tell you that.

Guest alex

All that cock rock is camp as a row of tents tbh. And I shouldn't laugh like, given the circumstances, but having a one armed drummer is pure Spinal Tap :lol:

All that cock rock is camp as a row of tents tbh. And I shouldn't laugh like, given the circumstances, but having a one armed drummer is pure Spinal Tap :lol:

The Thunder god?!!!!!!! :lol: He is incredible. I will have to put up some vids to make you change your mind in a minute, so stop!!

Guest alex

The Thunder god?!!!!!!! :lol: He is incredible. I will have to put up some vids to make you change your mind in a minute, so stop!!

Ok, I'll stop :razz:

I found out a kid at school knew Def Leppard and would go to gigs and get iinto the VIP area and that. He suffered some pisstaking at my hands for that.

Why? (serious question) They've written loads of great songs and are good live, so Why?

I found out a kid at school knew Def Leppard and would go to gigs and get iinto the VIP area and that. He suffered some pisstaking at my hands for that.

Why? (serious question) They've written loads of great songs and are good live, so Why?

Cos they're fucking ridiculous. :lol:

"I suppose a rock is out of the question"

Fuck me. :lol:

I remember Mrs. Alex telling me how you used to woo her by playing a bit of Faith No More when she used to come round yours. :lol:

What a charmer. :lol:

Guest alex
I remember Mrs. Alex telling me how you used to woo her by playing a bit of Faith No More when she used to come round yours. :lol:

What a charmer. :lol:

Backfired as she fancied Mike Patton.

Edited by alex

Id rather chew my own arm off than go to a def leppard gig. Soz TR but that sort of music makes me nauseous.

In fact I have a problem with heavy metal from the 80s onwards.

Define "heavy metal from the 80s onwards" please Chez?

Id rather chew my own arm off than go to a def leppard gig. Soz TR but that sort of music makes me nauseous.

Music falling into the category 'heavy metal' from the around 1980 onwards :lol:

The timing bit is not specific, just a vague reference to the decade and bands that were formed during or after. 70s heavy rock bands are therefore excluded from the generalisation. There might be an odd exception you could point me towards but certainly nothing well known/popular that i heard ever did anything for me other than desperate boredom.

Music falling into the category 'heavy metal' from the around 1980 onwards :lol:

The timing bit is not specific, just a vague reference to the decade and bands that were formed during or after. 70s heavy rock bands are therefore excluded from the generalisation. There might be an odd exception you could point me towards but certainly nothing well known/popular that i heard ever did anything for me other than desperate boredom.

I think you'd love Sunn O)))

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRC4lp5nnvo0LIOTYNSRhqbtbZuOp7GvuWuFKb7ZgtomQykLQKRg

See I'm no fan of metal by any means but Soundgarden were a metal band; Ministry, NiN, etc were often regarded as metal; the whole grindcore genre including Cathedral, Carcass, etc were classified as metal.

It's not as if we're talking Warrant, Def Lepoard, Aerosmith, etc, who without a doubt were all shite but were they really metal?

Bon Jovi, G'n'R were they metal?

Where does heavy rock or glam (cock) rock finish and metal begin?

See I'm no fan of metal by any means but Soundgarden were a metal band; Ministry, NiN, etc were often regarded as metal; the whole grindcore genre including Cathedral, Carcass, etc were classified as metal.

It's not as if we're talking Warrant, Def Lepoard, Aerosmith, etc, who without a doubt were all shite but were they really metal?

Bon Jovi, G'n'R were they metal?

Where does heavy rock or glam (cock) rock finish and metal begin?

It is a broad church but I'd say despite their punk influences, Guns and Roses were always a metal band imo.