Mods - time for a totting points system for serial idiots

Rob W

Time for a totting system on bands. Too many people getting it completeley wrong.

Radiohead>Led Zeppelin>Rolling Stones>Neu>Kraftwerk>Beatles>Beastie Boys>Public Enemy>Velvet Underground>Wu Tang Clan>Beach Boys>Kinks>SOAD>Supergrass>RATM>QOTSA>Green Day>The Doors>Talking Heads>Creedance>White Stripes>The Clash>Smiths>Pink Floyd>Nirvana>Metallica>REM>Blur>Joy Divission>Genesis>Yes>Oasis>The Eagles>Nickleback>Coldplay>The Who

:lol:

I can't believe the white stripes featured so high, fucking nickelcack for the indie masses!

I can't believe you responded to the abortion of a post.

Alcohol, it makes CT's of us all :razz:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for a totting system on bands. Too many people getting it completeley wrong.

Radiohead>Led Zeppelin>Rolling Stones>Neu>Kraftwerk>Beatles>Beastie Boys>Public Enemy>Velvet Underground>Wu Tang Clan>Beach Boys>Kinks>SOAD>Supergrass>RATM>QOTSA>Green Day>The Doors>Talking Heads>Creedance>White Stripes>The Clash>Smiths>Pink Floyd>Nirvana>Metallica>REM>Blur>Joy Divission>Genesis>Yes>Oasis>The Eagles>Nickleback>Coldplay>The Who

List invalid, nee:

AC/DC, Skynyrd, Johny Cash, Free, Bad Company, Quo, Any of the multitude of great soul acts, Dave Matthews Band, Rammstein, Bolan, Guns n Roses, Supertramp, Joe Bonamassa, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Springsteen, Runrig, Journey, Thin Lizzy, Gordon Lightfoot, Everlast, Shaun Mullins, Crosby Stills Nash Young, The Band, Creed, Bruce Hornsby, Bob Seger, Garth Brooks, Aerosmith, Abba, Deep Purple, Doobie Brothers, Maiden, Pat Green, Santana, Tom Petty, Y&T, ZZ Top (early stuff) off the top of me heed.

Nickleback are the standard against which all shit bands are measured.

Nickleback are fucking terrible and while they're not my favourite by any stretch of the imagination, the Smiths are certainly better.

Fish's encounter brings to mind that scene from Women in Love with Oliver Reed and the other bloke wrestling, bollock-naked: "Hey, I told you keep that fucking lotion off me grnhh uuugghhhhh... I'll give you some fucking lotion, rapscallion!"

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Fish's encounter brings to mind that scene from Women in Love with Oliver Reed and the other bloke wrestling, bollock-naked: "Hey, I told you keep that fucking lotion off me grnhh uuugghhhhh... I'll give you some fucking lotion, rapscallion!"

I like allsorts of stuff but in answer to the ridicule:

Garth Brooks - Great country writer, musician, performer.

DMB (Gemmill) Great musicians and some fantastic choons, and two of the best cover versions ever - Watchtower and Cortez the Killer (with Warren Haynes) both from Central Park concert.

ABBA - not a "fan" but acknowledge they were probably the best "pop" band ever.

Creed - Human Clay is a mighty fine album.

If it was up to wor lass, Celine Dion'd be in the list, can't abide her stuff but acknowledge she is an amazing singer.

I probably also should have included Beethoven, Bruch (Violin concerto in G minor Opus 26 as played by David and Igor Oistrak (sp?) nee other version compares, sadly not available on CD)

Cannit abide Jazz or the 80's electro shite.

Creed - Human Clay is a mighty fine album.

When we went to the US for the games in 2000 we drove from Washington to Columbus and the rock/indie radio stations had Higher and Arms Wide Open on constantly which got under the skin a bit to the point I bought that album and though I haven't listened to it for ages I did think it was pretty good.

Hey! I didnt realise this thread contained music chat :lol: I hate Nickelback :lol:

Here are my fave bands/artists of all time and in order. And before you say a word... YES Def Leppard are TOP because I've loved them for many years. And NO-NOT 'Pour some sugar' but their earlier stuff, definitely their first 3 albums inc Wasted, Billy's got a Gun and Bringing on the Heartbreak and so on. But they've done loads of good stuff since then, they're a vastly under-rated band who have never gotten the credit they deserve. I'm sick of hearing all the 'sell out' crap too :razz: I think Joe was the best frontman in rock during all of the 80's and early 90's. No one screeched like Joe and yet he has a beautiful melodic voice too. Incidently, his Down N Outz stuff with some of the Quireboys is good. (Mott the Hoople covers)

Def Leppard

Led Zep

QOTSA

Pink Floyd

U2

Metallica

Radiohead

Snow Patrol

Embrace

Athlete

Megadeth

Foo Fighters

Clannad

Sigur Ros

Nick Cave

Aerosmith

Guest alex
Def Leppard are more camp than ABBA and Erasure put together :lol:

I refuse to bite alex :lol:

It wasn't a wind-up, it's a statement of fact :razz:

I refuse to bite alex :lol:

It wasn't a wind-up, it's a statement of fact :razz:

You should watch some of their early live stuff, awesome!!!!!!! and NOTHING remotely camp about them! You're just weird alex.

I was going to say "but they do have a handy drummer, though", but I don't think I will.

Nah. Don't even DARE to go there Snakey! :lol: