Things you were right about

ChezGiven

Whats maybe overlooked when it comes to Mort was that it would have been him who recommended to Ashley the organisational structure which led to Wise and Keegan coming in. He left before the shit hit the fan which means the general perception of him is quite positive. It was his shit that was hitting the fan though.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Whats maybe overlooked when it comes to Mort was that it would have been him who recommended to Ashley the organisational structure which led to Wise and Keegan coming in. He left before the shit hit the fan which means the general perception of him is quite positive. It was his shit that was hitting the fan though.

Always got the impression that was Ashley's pal Kelmsley. Also think it was the personnel that couldn't work together, i.e. KK and Wise (and then Llambias), all appointed by Ashley.

Always got the impression that was Ashley's pal Kelmsley. Also think it was the personnel that couldn't work together, i.e. KK and Wise (and then Llambias), all appointed by Ashley.

From personal stuff or just from the press etc?

I may be wrong on Mort (i did say 'maybe') but i thought it was a typical 'consultancy' transition project. Mort was there temporarily to set up and recommend how to run the business. Hence he left when the new lot came in.

There is no way on earth Ashley would have involved himself in organograms and operating models. People appointments yes, how the business/club would be structured and managed, = Mort (who may have been working in collaboration with Kelmsley). Just imo of course.

Guest alex

From the press and other bits and bobs. Not really a defence of Mort as I think he was insignificant due to his always being a short-term appointment. Like I said the personnel rather than the set-up was the problem. You've had KK whose greatest strength arguably was / is his ability to pick a player and then you take that away from him and appoint Dennis fucking Wise to do it instead, then he got the current chairman in (say no more). It would've suited different personalities though imo. Mort at least seemed to be an ally for KK in the board room too which makes me think he isn't the cunt the others are.

Walked away? He was never a long term appointment, his company was paid for his services, I don't think he ever professed his undying love for the club.

he pretended to listen to fans, then see the post by Chez following what you said mate.

Given being sold

Carroll being sold

That we'd make a profit in numerous windows.

I expect game, set and match though with my L7 stuff, created a thread the day before it was announced, said they would pay lip service to UtdForNewcastle and then string us along before dispersing everyone.

Theres been others too.

edit: that Geordie Shore would be cringeworthy

and a future one, that Milligan bird will let Stevie tap her up on twitter

Not exactly Nostradamus but I said at the start of the window that Carroll would go on the last day of the window and the club wouldn't get anyone in to replace him

Kuqi :lol:

Dont give him that Chez

Seeing as I argued with him about it, it would be rude not to! I think a few got that one right but I do remember J69 was adamant it would happen.

'Funny' that the purchase of Kuqi is instantly disregarded by Chez in his judgement.

Given being sold

Carroll being sold

I expect game, set and match though with my L7 stuff, created a thread the day before it was announced, said they would pay lip service to UtdForNewcastle and then string us along before dispersing everyone.

Theres been others too.

Quite clearly that's yee :lol: Was interesting that you were the person that told everyone to add her too ;) am like Hercuil Poyrott me mate.

• 3 weeks later...
Given being sold

Carroll being sold

Theres been others too.

I stated that aswell. Unfortunately it came true :D

Nuw give is me points :blush:

• 10 months later...

I've been through the forum, had a committee meeting and updated the table.

CT - 16

ChezGiven - 15

Manc-mag - 14

Stevie - 12

LeazesMag - 12

Gejon - 11

Parky - 10

Gemmill - 7

Monkey's Fist - 6

Happy Face - 7

Ayatollah Hermione - 4

Renton - 2