Things you were right about

ChezGiven

Does Shepherd still live at Jesmond Park West? I thought he'd moved. Anyway, I meant Leazes' source could be FS, not Leazes is FS.

Pud will confirm I am not Shepherd, as he almost met me once :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Robson were to go, it should have been in the summer of that year.

Like what Liverpool did with Houillier - who despite getting them Champions League qualification, the board knew things had gone stale so wanted a change.

Guest alex

Someone I know who knows Shepherd reckons (with the approval of the Halls I might add :) ) that Shepherd took Robson on holiday that summer with the intention of telling him it was time to go. Supposedly he didn't have the heart to do it and in the end they decided to give him one final season. No idea if it's true like.

Edited by alex

Does Shepherd still live at Jesmond Park West? I thought he'd moved. Anyway, I meant Leazes' source could be FS, not Leazes is FS.

Almost?

Did you run away or something?

:)

Someone I know who knows Shepherd reckons (with the approval of the Halls I might add :) ) that Shepherd took Robson on holiday that summer with the intention of telling him it was time to go. Supposedly he didn't have the heart to do it and in the end they decided to give him one final season. No idea if it's true like.

I don't know if that is true or not. Same as I knew about them approaching Alex Ferguson in 1996, someone agreed to take the job later that summer then changed his mind after telling his chairman at current club he was leaving.

And it wasn't Alex Ferguson that time, 1996 was the only approach.

I've actually got Alex Fergusons book now, in hardback, I bought it on ebay, and he talks about this but doesn't mention who the "top premiership club" was at that time that approached him.

Almost?

Did you run away or something?

I was in The Forge and recognised his photo from here, and was looking at him and thought about speaking to him, wasn't totally sure but fairly sure, so I didn't. Anyway, I asked him on here if he had been in The Forge and he said "that was you that was looking at me then".

About 4 years ago or something.

SBR was so open in his book, he would've DEFINITELY mentioned that.

Anyway.

When we bought Craig Bellamy I said we had bought a top player and I was very pleased

When I first saw Steve Howey play centre half I thought he would be a top player and maybe play for England

When I first saw Rob Lee play for NUFC I thought he would play for England

When I first saw Albert Lugue I thought - and said on here - after 10 minutes I knew he was a dud.

When I first saw Jon Dahl Tomasson I thought he was a talented footballer

When I first saw Charles N'Zogbia I thought the same as JDT, and we should never have sold Zoggy who would walk into the team now

When we signed Wayne Routledge I said on here the day we bought him he was not a premiership player

When I first saw Enrique I thought he was a good left back and when Keegan played Bassong at Coventry I thought he was good too but wondered why he played left back instead of Enrique? (think this is the right game)

When I first saw Gazza play in 1985 for the NUFC youth team away at Watford in the FA Youth Cup Final I knew he was going to be one of the best players I'd ever seen play for the toon. (on the downside when I first saw Chris Waddle I thought he was a gangling freak with no football brain and no desire)

Guest alex

Perhaps he didn't know about it.

:) He would've mentioned the holiday. Unless he thought he was with Fred Elliott.

Edited by McFaul

Guest alex

:) He would've mentioned the holiday. Unless he thought he was with Fred Elliott.

I think it's conceivable he could've omitted a week in Spain from his biography like.

the Bobby Robson book is still sitting on my bookcase like about a dozen others waiting to be read

Guest alex

Shepherd took Fat Sam to his Barbados villa for a holiday after the latter (and the former come to think of it) had been given the heave-ho by Ashley.

I don't know if that is true or not. Same as I knew about them approaching Alex Ferguson in 1996, someone agreed to take the job later that summer then changed his mind after telling his chairman at current club he was leaving.

I've actually got Alex Fergusons book now, in hardback, I bought it on ebay, and he talks about this but doesn't mention who the "top premiership club" was at that time that approached him.

This was on the radio this morning strangely enough, it was Arsenal apparently.

I think it's conceivable he could've omitted a week in Spain from his biography like.

Given the fact he sacked him just two short month later I doubt it. Worse than Hall taking Ossie for some scran and sacking him two days later if it is true though.

Well, it was Newcastle.

How do you do a user post count in one thread? Not that that will reveal anything I'm not already right about.

Edited by trophyshy

Well, it was Newcastle.

I was referring to this which was on the radio this morning. I have no idea if it is correct or not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/ma...arsenal-manager.

Edit: That was 86, not 96, apologies.

Edited by Renton

I'm often proved right about things, work stuff and just general happenings. Its because...... 1. I'm female. And 2. I seem to have a sort of sixth sense, I get gut feelings about something and I'm normally right! My hubby and son say I'm weird :)

Well, it was Newcastle.

I was referring to this which was on the radio this morning. I have no idea if it is correct or not.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/ma...arsenal-manager.

Edit: That was 86, not 96, apologies.

1986 ? I said 1996, when he was approached by Newcastle.

Apology accepted :)

I'm often proved right about things, work stuff and just general happenings. Its because...... 1. I'm female. And 2. I seem to have a sort of sixth sense, I get gut feelings about something and I'm normally right! My hubby and son say I'm weird :)

don't worry about it TR, we know women are wierd :)

don't worry about it TR, we know women are wierd :)

Thank you sweetie :)