Spelling

Christmas Tree

Left brain vs. right brain

People who rely more heavily on the right half of their brain tend to be more imaginative and intuitive. They see things as a whole and are interested in patterns, shapes and sizes. The right brain is associated with artistic ability like singing, painting, writing poetry, etc.

Left-brain dominated people may find their thought processes vague and difficult to follow, for they are quite opposite in the way they think. Left-brain dominated people tend to be more logical and analytical in their thinking and usually excel at mathematics and word skills.

The right brain absorbs new information in chunks, but it is the job of the left brain to sift and sort it in an organized fashion. However, there is no clear-cut definition of the functions of the two parts of the brain. Each can do the other's work, just not as efficiently. Most people have a tendency to lean towards using the left or right brain while thinking or learning. For instance, right brain dominated people are often poor spellers as they tend to rely more on their intuition rather than actually studying the order in which the letters in a word occur.

So while I may struggle with been, I am also more imaginative and intuitive than most on here. You dullards may be good at spelling and maths but I have genuine artistic ability in Singing, painting and writing poetry.

In summary, creative v's dullards :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So while I may struggle with been, I am also more imaginative and intuitive than most on here. You dullards may be good at spelling and maths but I have genuine artistic ability in Singing, painting and writing poetry.

Science can prove anything with some fancy facts and figures. Of course it can. For example, theoretical physics can prove an elephant can hang from a cliff with his tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense ...

Only applies to those with brains.

Grade A Tree is exempt.

Poetry? :) Can't wait.

There was a young fella called Fist

Who wos always taken the pist

He called me a dope

So I jimmied his rope

And now the dear chaps sadly mist.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Your issue with "been" and "being" isn't a spelling mistake. It's an inability to grasp the difference between present and past tense. :)

Listen dullard, the facts are overwhelming . Leftys are good at maths, rightys are artistic.

Your an accountant and I'm a Karaoke king. Deal with your uncreativeness.

Only applies to those with brains.

Grade A Tree is exempt.

Poetry? :) Can't wait.

There was a young fella called Fist

Who wos always taken the pist

He called me a dope

So I jimmied his rope

And now the dear chaps sadly mist.

I rest my case.

Science can prove anything with some fancy facts and figures. Of course it can. For example, theoretical physics can prove an elephant can hang from a cliff with his tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense ...

Where've they done that? I'd be very interested in reading the peer reviewed proof.

Where've they done that? I'd be very interested in reading the peer reviewed proof.

:) It's actually based on a line from the film JFK. :)

:) It's actually based on a line from the film JFK. :)

:)

Love the Stewart Lee bit where he's arguing with a taxi driver (coincidentally enough) who says to him "yeah well, you can prove anything with facts can't you".

There's people who'll argue global warming isn't happening because science has shown bee's can't fly. The truth is science has shown bee's can't glide, like helicopters, but the science of getting a helicopter in the air is pretty solid.

Left brain vs. right brain

People who rely more heavily on the right half of their brain tend to be more imaginative and intuitive. They see things as a whole and are interested in patterns, shapes and sizes. The right brain is associated with artistic ability like singing, painting, writing poetry, etc.

Left-brain dominated people may find their thought processes vague and difficult to follow, for they are quite opposite in the way they think. Left-brain dominated people tend to be more logical and analytical in their thinking and usually excel at mathematics and word skills.

The right brain absorbs new information in chunks, but it is the job of the left brain to sift and sort it in an organized fashion. However, there is no clear-cut definition of the functions of the two parts of the brain. Each can do the other's work, just not as efficiently. Most people have a tendency to lean towards using the left or right brain while thinking or learning. For instance, right brain dominated people are often poor spellers as they tend to rely more on their intuition rather than actually studying the order in which the letters in a word occur.

Well I think that's pish. I'm good at singing (won the black garter karaoke in 1998), creative writing and poetry, but I'm good at maths and word skills too. I find my thought processes difficult to follow after a skinful the next day like.

tori-spelling-picture-1.jpg

Coincidentally, another utter waste of skin.

:)

I couldn't even tell you why I think this, but I find her fuckin ugly. Reminds me of a few people her face, one I used to work with who was the skinniest scrawniest bossiest Wigan crude bamp I've ever known.

You're not alone Stevie.

Rocky Dennis springs to mind.

rockydennis_xl.jpg

haha I don't like her nose, I'm big on noses, and her eyes aren't attractive. Might be being dense, but who the fuck is she?

Tori Spelling, hence why I posted :)

Is that her? :) She was in that Beverley Hill 90210 when we were bains aye? WELL when I was a bairn. To be honest I didn't like her boat even then, but she hasn't aged well at all. Jenny Garth was a different matter all together however.

Guest alex

Is that her? :) She was in that Beverley Hill 90210 when we were bains aye? WELL when I was a bairn. To be honest I didn't like her boat even then, but she hasn't aged well at all. Jenny Garth was a different matter all together however.

She was about 30 playing a teenager back then I think.

Well it came out in 90 according to wiki which seems about right, Jenny Garth was 18 then, and danger face was 17 according to the same source. You might be thinking of that Greek bird?

Guest alex

Well it came out in 90 according to wiki which seems about right, Jenny Garth was 18 then, and danger face was 17 according to the same source. You might be thinking of that Greek bird?

I am probably actually, with the glasses? Spelling was just a bit dodgy looking. Wonder how she got the job :)

Edited by alex

I am probably actually, with the glasses? Spelling was just a bit dodgy looking. Wonder how she got the job :)

Aye her with the glasses, she looked older than the rest. I just remember she had small breasts.

You're not alone Stevie.

Rocky Dennis springs to mind.

rockydennis_xl.jpg

Isn't this the kid who used to date Cher, or something?

Edited by trophyshy