Favourite pre teen game (Outside)

Christmas Tree

Guest alex
Japs and English was good when it was just the boys, but overall hide and seek I think used to come out tops. This is the version where if the seeker was away from base, you could sneek up, touch base and free all the caught hiders.

Played that game like every morning tea at primary school for about a year. Except it was called Jailbreak when I was little.

That is Relievo, missed CT's earlier post.

Japs and English was good when it was just the boys, but overall hide and seek I think used to come out tops. This is the version where if the seeker was away from base, you could sneek up, touch base and free all the caught hiders.

Played that game like every morning tea at primary school for about a year. Except it was called Jailbreak when I was little.

That is Relievo, missed CT's earlier post.

Ah I see.

Was a good game whatever it was called.

So were talking nothing electrical and lets not all go for every ones favourite, Doctors and Nurses.

I seem to remember British Bulldog being quite popular, however over half the gang was made up of girls so it usually descended into Catchy kissy.

'Japs and commando's' round wor way! :icon_lol:

That s what we called it, couldnt remember last night. And if you are proper old school, cowboys and indians.

We also used to go garden hopping which was basically starting at one end of a street and like wartime commandos we would make our way over and under fences as far as we could get until chased or barked at. Sometimes you would cover about 70 gardens.

Be great if once a year, blokes could just take over the streets and re-live some of these games. Theres a few in my street I would like to take down in britsh bulldog. (A few worthy of catchy kissy as well) :icon_lol:

Kingo. Basically someone was "it" and they had to get people out by hitting them with the tennis ball. Last person alive would be "it" in next game.

You had to hit them between the knee and the ankle though, well you did when I was a lad.

Spot

Japs and Commando's

Guest alex

Spot was class. Avoided mentioning football related ones like World Cup Singles / Doubles, headers and volleys since they'd already been mentioned but I forgot about that. Was the short straw living in an end terrace in those days like. Another one was garages.

Spot!

Brilliant.

We played an extreme version of Kingo ,with a cricket ball instead of a tennis ball, for a couple of weeks when none of us had a tennis ball. Feckin' knacked!

Bummers - Someone mentioned it on here, heads and volleys until you have let in so many goals then you have to bend over and get the ball pelted at you by everyone else playing. Next round less goals till 'bummers' and it would move a step closer until you get a step away and one fucker would just kick you up the arse by 'accident'. Played it in the 5 a side goals over the road, this kid bent over in from of the goal and by accident I caught the top of his head and he headbutted the crossbar, blood pissing out of his nose :icon_lol:

Also Milking.

I haven't read the thread as I find the title extremely dodgy. Christmas Nonce.

Thought the same. :icon_lol:

He likes a game of, do you want to see my puppies, alledgedly

We used to play two games with a tennis ball, Scotchie and Kingey. Trying to remember the rules...

We played Kingy - I remember watching Call My Bluff for no apparent reason years ago when Frank Muir was still alive and it coming up as a word - can't recall who it was but it sounded so made up when described - "a game played mainly in the north of England where people stand in a circle and try to kick the ball through each other legs to determine who is "it" and then involving throwing a tennis ball at the free players until none are left".

We also played a form of hide and seek call Kick the Can where whoever was it had to name the person they'd seen while standing on the can - the caught person could free themselves and everyone else caught by kicking the can before the person who was it got there and the time taken to replace the can was the time everyone had to hide.

We played a similar version of Kicky the Can- two teams took turns each kicking a tennis ball at the can which had as many lolly sticks on top as team members.

Whichever team hit the can scattered, the others had to replace the can and sticks then get after them. If you were caught, ( 5 bats on the head) , you had to wait near the can. Team mates could free you by booting the can.

Happy days