Newcastle United 2-1 Birmingham City FT

Deano

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OptaJoe Opta Sports

14 - Cheik Tiote has become the first player to be given 14 yellow cards in a single PL season since @RobbieSavage8 in 2001/02. Jaundice.

OptaJoe Opta Sports

14 - Cheik Tiote has become the first player to be given 14 yellow cards in a single PL season since @RobbieSavage8 in 2001/02. Jaundice.

Can't help himself when there's the potential for a challenge or for just sticking your leg out. I tried to suggest that it could be coached out of him but other thought doing so would make him less effective. Hard to be effective when you're sitting on the bench suspended I say.

OptaJoe Opta Sports

Can't help himself when there's the potential for a challenge or for just sticking your leg out. I tried to suggest that it could be coached out of him but other thought doing so would make him less effective. Hard to be effective when you're sitting on the bench suspended I say.

I'm hoping it's something they'll really work on during pre-season. But with that said, you can't replicate the intensity of proper matches during pre-season.

Mathematically safe now. Decent result, should have won by a greater margin though: 20 attempts on goal and their goal was a nonsense.

Now we need Ashley to splash the cash in the summer and bring in a top quality striker!

OptaJoe Opta Sports

New nickname, Hallmark?

No? Thought not......... :icon_lol:

OptaJoe Opta Sports

New nickname, Hallmark?

Why would you do that? :blush:

OptaJoe Opta Sports

New nickname, Hallmark?

Why would you do that? :blush:

I should follow my own advice

STFU Fisty

.com with a typically cheery match report.

First half goals from Shola Ameobi and Steven Taylor secured a double over ten-man Birmingham that makes Premier League football a certainty on Tyneside next season.

However, it was another unconvincing display that could have been punished had former Magpies target Sebastian Larsson not fired over after Tim Krul had dropped the ball in the second half.

By that stage United should have been out of sight, wasting some good chances and also denied by some breathtaking saves from Blues 'keeper Ben Foster.

After a sterile opening half hour it was one of Foster's outstanding stops from Fabricio Coloccini that was headed back across the goal and Liam Ridgewell handled as Kevin Nolan shaped to shoot.

Referee Chris Foy pointed to the spot and sent off Ridgewell, leaving Ameobi to dispatch a fine spot-kick to Foster's right, the 'keeper unable to reach Shola's precise penalty.

A period of intense pressure on the away goal made a second seem inevitable and it came from the head of Taylor who bulleted a header goalwards, although Larsson could have cleared but only sliced the ball into his own net.

Birmingham looked likely to cave in at that point but Coloccini failed to deal with a long kick from Foster and although he and Taylor looked to have blocked Cameron Jerome, the ball fell for United old boy Lee Bowyer and Coloccini could only deflect his shot beyond Krul right at the end of the half.

But with Joey Barton back on form United should have gone on to win this one comfortably with Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez and substitute Nile Ranger all having excellent chances to make the game safe before Krul's blunder almost gifted City an equaliser.

The win took Newcastle back into the top half of the table and the 44 points guarantee a place in the Premier League in the 2011/12 season.

However, the performance again pointed to manager Alan Pardew needing to make some vital purchases over the summer if we are to improve on this season's inconsistencies.

Unbelievably, Cheick Tiote managed to get his 14th booking of the season for a needless trip late in the game and with safety guaranteed then his season will almost certainly now be over.

Be interesting to see what team comes out against Chelsea.

No point risking Tiote and surely we would be better off leaving wantaway Enrique out and giving Ferguson a couple of games.

Nolan has looked repeatedly fucked of late and then there's Ranger. More use giving him some games than our other strikers.

I was more pissed off today in our win than I was for our 2-0 defeat at home to Blackpool. Anyone who likes a bet with good odds put a tenner on us to get relegated next year. We have the worst top flight strike force I've ever seen us with. The prick in charge will not change things too much other than maybe spendinding £15M on Carlton Cole, (thats including wages, a fact that will have to be taken into account with our owner). What won't be mentioned is what money he would've spent without Carroll's sale. We are royally fucked with this cretin in charge of what is one of the biggest clubs in England. He bought my club for £134M and has made £50M net profit on transfers alone without selling. I am being relieved of my seat next year as I sit in a seat in an area where the pricks motives are questioned publicly.

I love my club, we are geniunely one of the untapped powerhouses in this country, ( call me an idiot if you like), but a 2nd division club that averages 44K a season, a club that holds the record average attendance for a relegated team ever is being strung along by this fucking chancer makes my blood boil. Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool were sustained by a board with ambition. Were never were, and we are being conditioned to be accepting of a place in the scheme of things that is similar to Blackburn/Bolton etc. Well sorry, Mike, but fuck right off!

I was more pissed off today in our win than I was for our 2-0 defeat at home to Blackpool. Anyone who likes a bet with good odds put a tenner on us to get relegated next year. We have the worst top flight strike force I've ever seen us with. The prick in charge will not change things too much other than maybe spendinding £15M on Carlton Cole, (thats including wages, a fact that will have to be taken into account with our owner). What won't be mentioned is what money he would've spent without Carroll's sale. We are royally fucked with this cretin in charge of what is one of the biggest clubs in England. He bought my club for £134M and has made £50M net profit on transfers alone without selling. I am being relieved of my seat next year as I sit in a seat in an area where the pricks motives are questioned publicly.

I love my club, we are geniunely one of the untapped powerhouses in this country, ( call me an idiot if you like), but a 2nd division club that averages 44K a season, a club that holds the record average attendance for a relegated team ever is being strung along by this fucking chancer makes my blood boil. Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool were sustained by a board with ambition. Were never were, and we are being conditioned to be accepting of a place in the scheme of things that is similar to Blackburn/Bolton etc. Well sorry, Mike, but fuck right off!

Can't understand getting so worked up over a presumption that we won't drastically improve the strikeforce during the summer, especially after a win. I'm no Ashley apologist but I'll judge him (and Pardew) when the window is shut, not before it's even open.

Can't understand getting so worked up over a presumption that we won't drastically improve the strikeforce during the summer, especially after a win. I'm no Ashley apologist but I'll judge him (and Pardew) when the window is shut, not before it's even open.

Forgive me for the pre-judging.

Lets hope I haven't jumped the gun. :icon_lol:

I actually absolutely agree tecato.

We were less than convincing today and at times i was frustrated too but to go on a rampage is a little...dramatical no?

I've been quite vocal with my opinions and i've always said just wait and see what happens in the summer. You never know, we could go and spend big and really push on, equally we may spend moderately but either way we will be an improvement on this seasons side which imho isnt a bad side. Just lacks quality upfront.

See how we do in the summer. If its a shocker then LM was correct and il change my opinion.

I just have a gut feeling that we will go out and spend well in the summer.