Lad asks for help while trying to pass a kidney stone on the SMB

Lazarus

I've never had kidney stones but I've had gall stones and they were fucking horrible, got them when i was fifteen and for 2 years the doctor passed it off as stomach pains. I've never felt pain like it and it be immovable for a good few hours because of the pain, I usually had to hoy me fingers doon me neck and hoy up, and then had an operation 2 year ago to get me gall bladder out.

But having one in the wang. jesus fucking christ on a bike, it doesn't bear thinking about. :(

Spent 4 months in and out of hospital last year with kidney stones, bastards broke em up so they were too big to pass out, but too small to operate on! became an absolute ball ache flittering from home to hospital on morphine drips for them to scan over and over and over

Ended up with stent tubing running through the vast majority of me innards and out me nob - waking up in puddles of me own piss and blood for a good couple of weeks until they deemed it necessery to go in and remove the fucker - whilst i was still friggin awake.

Eventually passed through but honestly the single most painful experience of me life. would NOT wish it on anyone, Mackem or nay.

I had one a couple of years ago. Nowt like Toonmarshy, but the worst 24hrs of my life. The pain is indescribable.

Yes, I blubbed.

I can totally relate to the poor bastard's O.P. on smb, but posting on here is the last thing I'd be doing if I thought one was on it's way. You fuckers are even more merciless than they are. :(

Sounds nasty. How do you end up with these things? Just so I know to do the exact fucking opposite.

According to the lass that was tending to me there's quite a few different things that can cause them including ;

1: Sometimes peoples bodies naturally overproduce things which lead to crystallized kidney stones and work their way out of your body, they can kind of keep it in check with drugs but you are pretty much a slave to it if this is the case.

2: Changes in country / location - Things like moving to a different part of the country or another country altogether can have an effect on your body, the harshness of water is one thing that can cause the forming of stones

3: Bad Diet with regards to drinks and fluids (drinking loads of coke and energy drinks with no water) can cause it

4: illness side effects.

Basically avoiding it is just a case of soft water, not drinking crap and a little bit of look

Unfortunately for people like me and fist, we lacked the luck

Also unfortunately, the lady also said stones are very rarely a one off occurrence, could be 5 days, weeks months or decades, but they usually come back around!

"Also unfortunately, the lady also said stones are very rarely a one off occurrence, could be 5 days, weeks months or decades, but they usually come back around!"

.… which is just what you want to hear after pissing the fuckers out isn't it?

Unfortunately sometimes gallstones/kidney stones are just one of them things that you don't know you've got until it starts to move and floors you completely. We take gallbladders out every day at work so the gallstones thing is pretty common.

Unfortunately sometimes gallstones/kidney stones are just one of them things that you don't know you've got until it starts to move and floors you completely. We take gallbladders out every day at work so the gallstones thing is pretty common.

You've got some gall!

You've got some gall!

Well your jokes are shit!

Sounds nasty. How do you end up with these things? Just so I know to do the exact fucking opposite.

Don't be fat, female or forty - the stereotypical biliary colic (gall stone pain) patient. Other than that, as with most medical problems, to avoid them have a good diet and drink plenty of fluids. Of course, and again, as with most medical problems, you can still be blighted by them no matter what you do.

You've got some gall!

Well your jokes are shit!

Blunt :(

To be fair to the poor bastard kidneys stones are soooooooooo painful, a woman I know told me they're as painful as childbirth. I had a stone a few years ago and it was the worst pain I'd ever felt, thankfully my stone was smooth when it made it's way in to the open air. Apparently the pain is caused by the build up of urine behind the stone in the pipeworks between the kidney and bladder, I'd never heard of one getting one stuck in their knob before reading that thread though.

... that reminds me, more water I think!