The 80's --- Best music decade ever

Christmas Tree

While taxi'ing tonight I had Real radio on in the background and it must have been 80's night tonight. When you listen to those tunes and lyrics you realise that nothing since has come close.

Such corkers as ....

Wimoweh wimoweh wimoweh wimoweh in the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight.

and

Zoom, just one look and then my heart went boom

Suddenly and we were on the moon

Flying high on the neon sky, oh

Fucking classics of our time that everyone knows word by word.

I felt proud to have been part of it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without any doubt the 80's was the best music decade, and I'm a 90's kidda really. I loved the 90's too, but far more classics in the 80's. As kids everyone used to stop playing in the streets when TOTP came on, it was like a highlight of the week on a Thursder neet at hapast 7.

Only CT could cite a 1930s song as an example of why the 80s was the best musical decade :lol:

It's a struggle to decide whose drink induced posts make less sense, Stevies or CT's ;)

Show me an example of a drink induced post by me please! Apart from "Thems".

Edited by McFaul

1982 and helping take any thought of the lion king away, must better melody to have stuck in your head than "Wimoweh"

The first time I watched that whole show, I was blown away.

Stunning.

I think the 80's is covered in too much shit from Stock Aitken and Waterman, and that ilk for me to call it the best music decade ever.

But as a kid who had the benefit of getting into music around the mid to late nineties, that'll forever hold a special place in my musical heart.