Geordie Shore

Sonatine

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would a teenage kid playing D&D in an era it was quite popular explain

exactly?

It took a certain type to play it, at least it did in my day. I'm assuming you're in your 30s too, right? Or was it not what all the dorks were into in the 70s?

I used to subscribe to Metal Hammer too :lol:

Sepultura, Fear Factory, Pitchshifter. Back in the days when you had to pay a fortune to import a CD from the states before you could listen to it and find out it was shit

I used to subscribe to Metal Hammer too :lol:

Sepultura, Fear Factory, Pitchshifter. Back in the days when you had to pay a fortune to import a CD from the states before you could listen to it and find out it was shit

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/kerrang.html#1993

Look at those lists for 1993 and 1994 man. Some cracking stuff. And some absolute shite. :lol:

Robb Flynn was a proper wally like, but aye, can't knock "Davidian" for its Mayfair dancefloor value (and I'll stand up for "The Burning Red" as being a consistently decent album too, for all they'd got a bit slick by then).

The Burning Red came out the day after my birthday. I got the bus to HMV for 9am and treat myself to the special edition.

Funny how you were weird as fuck if you listened to heavy metal in the early 90s but 20 years later they flog metallica t shirts in Primark

How do we feel about 'Rage against the Machine?'

Never fully warmed to them tbh, didn't think they quite had the music to back up the talk. "Guerrilla Radio" and "Sleep Now In The Fire" are decent gym companions though.

The Burning Red came out the day after my birthday. I got the bus to HMV for 9am and treat myself to the special edition.

Funny how you were weird as fuck if you listened to heavy metal in the early 90s but 20 years later they flog metallica t shirts in Primark

Still weird

I used to watch the Kerrang music video station (:lol:) when I was about 11 and taking my first steps into music and I settled on some of that shit for a while. I owned three Linkin Park CDs and enjoyed them very much as well. You look back and wonder though. The lyrics sounded alright when you're that age but you go back and think that the bloke writing them was pushing 30 and you've got to laugh. I used to love the big countdowns they'd have on weekends of "BEST ROCK SINGLES" or something. Smells Like Teen Spirit always won.