Geordie Shore

Sonatine

I enjoyed The Dark Knight but you can't deny how far up its own arse it is. That goes for Inception as well.

I'm not. If people's problem with comic book movies is that they're ridiculous, then their problem is really with Movies.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think we've got crossed wires here. I've enjoyed comic book films precisely because they strip away the stupid continuity shit (that ALWAYS involves bastard time travel) and have focused on the right ridiculousness which is big hard lads kicking seven shades of shit out of each other. This Marvel Universe thing is taking the piss out of my kind generosity towards them though.

Think we've got crossed wires here. I've enjoyed comic book films precisely because they strip away the stupid continuity shit (that ALWAYS involves bastard time travel) and have focused on the right ridiculousness which is big hard lads kicking seven shades of shit out of each other. This Marvel Universe thing is taking the piss out of my kind generosity towards them though.

I'm not sure I follow; are you running out of patience because they're trying to link all the movies together (however tenuously)?

Or simply because there's a lot of them coming out at the moment?

I like that the films coming out of a thread running through them all, I obviously don't mind the latter, but can understand someone who isn't that bothered about these kinds of movies growing weary of seeing 2 or 3 Marvel Movies a year until 2018.

I enjoyed The Dark Knight but you can't deny how far up its own arse it is. That goes for Inception as well.

I didn't realise you were a hipster.

They are the 4th and 13th best movies ever made according to IMDB public opinion.

The fact that Nolan made The Dark Knight semi believable that a guy in a batman suit could integrate into such a gritty world makes it so good.

I didn't realise you were a hipster.

They are the 4th and 13th best movies ever made according to IMDB public opinion.

The fact that Nolan made The Dark Knight semi believable that a guy in a batman suit could integrate into such a gritty world makes it so good.

I'm not, I just like good films ;) its definitely overrated and I'll hear nowt said in the contrary. It's not a tour de force of cinema like say, Commando or Mighty Ducks 2

The Burning Red came out the day after my birthday. I got the bus to HMV for 9am and treat myself to the special edition.

Funny how you were weird as fuck if you listened to heavy metal in the early 90s but 20 years later they flog metallica t shirts in Primark

Got to admit like, I loved a bit of alt-metal / grunge from the late 80s / early 90s (not to mention a canny bit of classic metal / rock). I fucking loved Faith No More and still do (upto and including Angel Dust).

Aye, but the Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Lord Of The Rings and Fight Club are in the IMDB top 10, so what does that tell you?

Tremors isn't in the top 250.

AH is right about the Nolan batman films. Decent, nowt special, and the wanking that goes on about them is ridiculous. Oh and they are FAR too long.

I'd be curious to know your pick for top films.