Ji Dong Won

Christmas Tree

Newcastle are chasing South Korea striker Ji Dong-won after being rebuffed in an £8million move for Lorient's Kevin Gameiro, 23.

Chief scout Graham Carr was in South Korea at the weekend to watch the 19-year-old Ji play for Chunnam Dragons and was reasonably impressed. :lol:

The 6ft 1in teenager had a spell at Reading three seasons ago but struggled to settle. He has since scored five goals in nine internationals.

Manager Alan Pardew wants at least two new strikers in the summer and remains keen on Cardiff's Jay Bothroyd, 28.

He's here, he's there, he's every fucking where.....Ji Dong Won, Ji Dong Won.

Manager Alan Pardew wants at least two new strikers in the summer and remains keen on Cardiff's Jay Bothroyd, 28.

£35m to spend and we want Jay Bothroyd. I predict another summer of countless £10-15m ''bids'' being ''rejected'' and then a last minute scramble giving us the dregs because they are unwilling to spend.

Could probably pay this kid peanuts which is the attraction for Ashley!

To be fair though, this kid could be another Park for Man Utd. South Korea are a very impressive team when they play together. They have a determination about them to do well. I can imagine if he came here then he would be busting a gut every week.

Chill out Tom. CT and TN are prettayyy prettayyyy prettay sure that this next transfer window will be an unqualified success. If he's good enough for Chunnam Dragons, he's good enough for us.

Chill out Tom. CT and TN are prettayyy prettayyyy prettay sure that this next transfer window will be an unqualified success. If he's good enough for Chunnam Dragons, he's good enough for us.

* Pretty good.

Seriously though the bit about Bothroyd is the most worrying part of that article.

Especially since the reality of it all is that Bothroyd will be the type of useless shit that we end up signing.

There is no point in being in the market for £15m players if you arent prepared to give them a £15m players wage.

We'll end up Bothroyd and Carlton Cole.

Wish we'd had them this season.

I'm assuming thats another windup.

even if he's shite, it might be a good deal from a commercial point of view.

South Korea has been done before. We should head North. Who does that twat who cried at the World Cup play for?

There is no point in being in the market for £15m players if you arent prepared to give them a £15m players wage.

We'll end up Bothroyd and Carlton Cole.

Wish we'd had them this season.

I'm assuming thats another windup.

Not at all. I would rather had started each of the last 10 games with those two up front than Shola and Lovenkrands.

I wouldn't.

Lovenkrands pissed the championship last year. Bothroyd has continually failed to break into top flight sides over his career. Tells you something.

Carlton Cole is an absolute donkey. He is ridiculed by his own fans as much as Shola. If not more.

South Korea has been done before. We should head North. Who does that twat who cried at the World Cup play for?

If you no anything about North Korea you will know one of them leaving that country to tell the truth about Kim Jong Ill is almost out of the question. They can't even watch foreign tv in case they find out the rest of the world is not living in an indoctrinated dictatorship. I can't see any of them being allowed to leave surely!

If you no anything about North Korea you will know one of them leaving that country to tell the truth about Kim Jong Ill is almost out of the question. They can't even watch foreign tv in case they find out the rest of the world is not living in an indoctrinated dictatorship. I can't see any of them being allowed to leave surely!

He plays in Japan already.

EDIT: No, he's actually playing for Bochum in Germany. 10 goals in 22 games too.

Edited by Ketsbaia

I wouldn't.

Lovenkrands pissed the championship last year. Bothroyd has continually failed to break into top flight sides over his career. Tells you something.

Carlton Cole is an absolute donkey. He is ridiculed by his own fans as much as Shola. If not more.

And found guilty by the FA of racism against black folk :lol: He's a clown