End of Season Report

Christmas Tree

I think i remember DL saying that once we are running at a profit then and only then will FMA start takin money back to repay what he's put into the club.

So long as we have a decent team challenging top ten and possibly a cup then im happy for him to do that. If we go backwards again and are constantly skirting around the relegation places i wont be happy with it.

What you've got to think is he bought us, we had alot of debt, he's paid most of it but that debt remains to him. He wont right it off so we its to be expected to pay something back each year if we are running at a profit.

Its all good for the long term health for the club. It just requires patience from us fans.

I can see the bigger picture and some others on here do too, however the vast majority dont and clinge on the to negatives.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has and will be re-invested in the club. Your smart enough to know that.

Just because "apparently" we will only spend 20mil doesnt mean the other 15mil wont be invested. Of course it will. Running costs and wages.

What reason do you have that makes you believe that? And why didnt Liverpool do that with the Torres money?

Out of interest, if we hadn't of sold Carroll how much transfer kitty do you think FMA would should have budgeted for this Summer? That should really be added to the £35m. Of course it wont be.

Because he hasnt taken a penny out of the club up to now.

Liverpools owners are cut from a different cloth. Listen id of loved us to of went and got a 20mil striker in january but theres not alot of quality available in the winter window. It was a gamble which didnt sit easy with me but id rather we scouted properly and got someone in the summer who will be well than panic buy just to appease fans.

Id of said about 10mil if carrol hadnt of left and yes i agree he should be puttin his own money into the kitty aswell. Maybe he will? We dont know.

Im happy no one has come out and set a figure, they are keeping their cards close to their chest which is a good thing. We dont want clubs knowing our situation, that only plays into their hands. Again id rather they did it this way than name a figure just to appease fans.

Perspective check needed for alot of fans imo.

Guest alex

Putting aside the talk of figures spent, we'll need a canny bit better squad come the end of August than we have now if we're not going to really struggle next season. I'd be surprised if that happens tbh.

Putting aside the talk of figures spent, we'll need a canny bit better squad come the end of August than we have now if we're not going to really struggle next season. I'd be surprised if that happens tbh.

just need a it of positive thinking for it to happen according to TN

just need a it of positive thinking for it to happen according to TN

You should try it sometime you smug bastard :icon_lol:

Are we now 100% safe from relegation?

If so, I really hope the players don't mentally go on holiday.

If they do, I'll be pished off, I can tell you.

I'd a thousand times rather finish 10th than 17th!

Plus, finishing above the Mackems would be nice.

no we are still theoreticaly able to drop - and with NUFC you NEVER count yourself safe until the last game of the season anyway

Wigan and Wolves can pass us and W ham could reach the same points - right now 45 points is the safe number - we have 41

I hope you're wearing your tin hat.

he's just being controversial, not like Rob at all - I'm glad he doesn't live next door to me :lol:

Wigan cant get past us if west ham get the same points. If WIgan pass us West ham cant get the same points. Wolves have to beat two teams below us to get the same points. West Ham three teams below us one of them being one of the teams Wolves have to beat.

We are safe.

Guest alex

Worse case scenario is that we can finish bottom but only on goal difference (highly unlikely) and that would involve three other teams finishing on 41 points. We'll be mathematically safe after Saturday imo.

Worse case scenario is that we can finish bottom but only on goal difference (highly unlikely) and that would involve three other teams finishing on 41 points. We'll be mathematically safe after Saturday imo.

Most definitely after we've beaten Birmingham 2-0 as well! :lol:

So long as we have a decent team challenging top ten and possibly a cup then im happy for him to do that. If we go backwards again and are constantly skirting around the relegation places i wont be happy with it.

If he doesn't invest in new players who can improve the team, we won't be challenging top 10, we'll be in a relegation fight. It's well known that promoted teams find it much tougher to get results second season up, when other teams have worked them out. I think we need new talent to give us that momentum.

Of this season's players, only Ben Arfa is going to provide something different and he is returning from a serious injury. Gosling is an Everton reserve so needs to develop and who knows whether we'll sign Ireland. Our attack is severely toothless and needs major investment.

Investment means spending on new players, in particular a mean eyed bastard 20 goals a season spearhead to replace Carroll. Not rummaging in the bargain bin at Lidl for the Shefki bloody Kuqis of this world, not getting a kid with promise to lead the line, but signing the finished article. Preferably with an understudy as well. That's going to cost some serious wonga imo. And that's before you look at other positions that need more depth like left back, right back, centre back and a right winger.

Investment doesn't mean money to fund existing wages and running costs. That isn't the meaning of investment imo. It's about securing the future of the club, and I'm shitting myself about this lot dropping the ball this summer. imo we need to spend ALL of the 35 mill on new players PLUS whatever was originally budgeted. And Pardew needs to stay away from mediocre players like Cartlon Cole.

Then we might stand a chance of top 10. Otherwise a season of struggle beckons with results similar to recent results but all season. imo.

It has and will be re-invested in the club. Your smart enough to know that.

Just because "apparently" we will only spend 20mil doesnt mean the other 15mil wont be invested. Of course it will. Running costs and wages.

This is such a foolish naive comment. Running costs and wages would need to be paid regardless of the 35M from the Carroll sale. Running costs and wages will far exceed 35M so in fact, by your logic even if none of the 35M was spent on bringing in new players it will all be 're-invested in the club' in the form of running costs and wages.

They've done a fine job on you, and I'm sure one day you'll realise it.

If we hadn't sold Carroll, would anyone be happy if the club came out and said in the summer we need to sell 15M worth of our players, plus another million or so to cover the wages of Carroll (costs that they haven't had to pay currently)?

There's no way anyone would accept those terms, except you know what, some here have accepted worse because they're effectively the same as what the club are proposing now except we don't have Carroll!

It's ludicrous.

If he doesn't invest in new players who can improve the team, we won't be challenging top 10, we'll be in a relegation fight. It's well known that promoted teams find it much tougher to get results second season up, when other teams have worked them out. I think we need new talent to give us that momentum.

Of this season's players, only Ben Arfa is going to provide something different and he is returning from a serious injury. Gosling is an Everton reserve so needs to develop and who knows whether we'll sign Ireland. Our attack is severely toothless and needs major investment.

Investment means spending on new players, in particular a mean eyed bastard 20 goals a season spearhead to replace Carroll. Not rummaging in the bargain bin at Lidl for the Shefki bloody Kuqis of this world, not getting a kid with promise to lead the line, but signing the finished article. Preferably with an understudy as well. That's going to cost some serious wonga imo. And that's before you look at other positions that need more depth like left back, right back, centre back and a right winger.

Investment doesn't mean money to fund existing wages and running costs. That isn't the meaning of investment imo. It's about securing the future of the club, and I'm shitting myself about this lot dropping the ball this summer. imo we need to spend ALL of the 35 mill on new players PLUS whatever was originally budgeted. And Pardew needs to stay away from mediocre players like Cartlon Cole.

Then we might stand a chance of top 10. Otherwise a season of struggle beckons with results similar to recent results but all season. imo.

We're fucked then.

No player of the calibre we need in the positions you mention, particularly a 20 goal/season striker, will come to us for these reasons;

1: Comparatively shit wages. Why come here when you can get more elsewhere.

2: "Medals" potential. Look at our recent cup and league history. If they want to win medals, they won't be coming here.

3: European Football. We are way off securing regular European football status.

4: Staff. Dekka, Pardew, need I say more? Play for a puppet manager, who's strings are pulled by a pair of know nowt goons? Nah

5: Diminishing Talent. By that i mean that any player in the team who shows potential will soon be sold ,and replaced with Lidl versions.

Why the fuck would any decent player join a club like us?

Cheers Mike- 5 year plan on course.

We're fucked then.

No player of the calibre we need in the positions you mention, particularly a 20 goal/season striker, will come to us for these reasons;

2: "Medals" potential. Look at our recent cup and league history. If they want to win medals, they won't be coming here.

4: Staff. Dekka, Pardew, need I say more? Play for a puppet manager, who's strings are pulled by a pair of know nowt goons? Nah

5: Diminishing Talent. By that i mean that any player in the team who shows potential will soon be sold ,and replaced with Lidl versions.

that's probably spot on.

"planning". We had a "plan", and all you need is a "plan"

Edited by LeazesMag

We're fucked then.

Nail on head, Mr Fist. I guess we're heavily reliant on Graham Carr to unearth the next Solskjaer unless the next Shearer is lurking in the reserves. Unless Fat Mike squeezes his corpulent sausage fingers into his too tight trouser pockets and pulls out a wad of readies to tempt a Huntelaar or similar to SJP.

Still you never know. I'm not reaching for the Prozac as it's up for grabs in the summer but I'm a little sceptical about opur prospects. Maybe the best we can hope for is an early sale in the summer to a spendthrift minted Indian, so we can become footballing GODS and catch that rocket to the stars baaaaaybeee.

We're fucked then.

Nail on head, Mr Fist. I guess we're heavily reliant on Graham Carr to unearth the next Solskjaer unless the next Shearer is lurking in the reserves. Unless Fat Mike squeezes his corpulent sausage fingers into his too tight trouser pockets and pulls out a wad of readies to tempt a Huntelaar or similar to SJP.

Still you never know. I'm not reaching for the Prozac as it's up for grabs in the summer but I'm a little sceptical about opur prospects. Maybe the best we can hope for is an early sale in the summer to a spendthrift minted Indian, so we can become footballing GODS and catch that rocket to the stars baaaaaybeee.

Graham Carr is a genius, he's found the next Ronaldo lurking on the Town Moor as we speak.

I'm honestly more disheartened now than I was when we went down. The combination of Hughton's sacking and Carroll's sale , (more specifically the utterly laughable manner in which it was conducted) has left me bereft of any hope we can stand still, never mind progress, under this Cunt.

I cannot see any buyer stumping up what the Cunt will want for us either. He'll say we are a more attractive proposition now than when he bought us, and will want daft money. That's if he bothers his fat arse to speak to them.

Remember his manners in Dubaii?

Fat Cunt snubs buyers

I'm honestly more disheartened now than I was when we went down. The combination of Hughton's sacking and Carroll's sale , (more specifically the utterly laughable manner in which it was conducted) has left me bereft of any hope we can stand still, never mind progress, under this Cunt.

I cannot see any buyer stumping up what the Cunt will want for us either. He'll say we are a more attractive proposition now than when he bought us, and will want daft money. That's if he bothers his fat arse to speak to them.

Remember his manners in Dubaii?

Fat Cunt snubs buyers

He must be a nightmare to do business with. He seems to lack class as a human being from what I can tell. He probably won't relinquish his sweaty trotters on the club unless he pulls a fast one on someoone, so he and Dekka can slap each others backs and high five all night long.

• 3 weeks later...

Chronny

Given the incredible low of 2009 and the consequent huge high of promotion in 2010, I don't think a bit of mid-table mediocrity should really come as a major surprise.

Somen Tchoyi's hat-trick may have felt agonising and was painful to watch but if anybody was in danger of getting carried away at St James' Park on Sunday against West Brom, we were provided with a short, sharp shock.

Finishing ninth and above Sunderland would have been a good way to end the season but the reality is that nothing has changed moving forward.

Newcastle still need major reinvestment, there are still players that must be tied down to longer contracts, dead wood must still be cleared and the evidence of this season, we are still some way behind the teams challenging for the Europa League and years away from even living with the top four.

If a reality check was needed we got one against West Brom.

This season Newcastle have put up a good fight against some of the top teams in the division.

Manchester United (0-0), Arsenal (4-4 and 1-0), Chelsea (1-1, 4-3 and 2-2), Liverpool (3-1) and Tottenham (1-1).

United also made a reasonable account of themselves against the teams in and around things such as Aston Villa (6-0), Everton (1-0 away) and of course we tore Sunderland apart on a humiliating never to be forgotten day for the Mackems in October in a tremendous 5-1 win.

The worrying aspect of the season has to be that United didn't do it against the teams that United players vowed to get the better of in pre-season.

Newcastle failed to beat Wigan, Stoke, Fulham, Bolton, Blackpool, West Brom and Blackburn at home and this would have been the difference between an ordinary campaign and an unbelievable one.

The reason being has to be the squad's lack of depth in my humble opinion.

There is a clear lack of a regular goalscorer even though the goals were spread around the team.

Remarkably this was the best Premier League season for goals at St James' Park since the 1999/2000 season with 41 fans rattled in for the fans to enjoy.

But for me that does not change the fact that a predator is required on Tyneside.

In the games mentioned (the likes of Stoke and Blackburn) above, United failed to kill the game off during periods when they were in control.

A lethal marksman is the answer to that.

And while they don't grow on trees and don't come cheap, the main mission this summer has to be to find the man who can lift an entire city this summer.

Older fans will witness the arrivals of Alan Shearer and Les Ferdinand in 1996 and 1995 and know what type of an impact it can have at St James' Park.

In recent years there seems to have been an unwillingness to spend any type of real money on transfers.

Mike Ashley has seemed hell-bent on getting on top of the club's debt and for that he must be given a degree of credit.

However, the summer ahead is key for everybody connected with the black and whites.

Players and backroom staff have made their feelings clear: money must be spent to kick on next season.

At least three or four quality additions are needed on Tyneside in the coming months and it would be great to see the likes of Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and - although I can't see it happening - Jose Enrique all sign new deals.

An interesting and anxious few months lie in wait.

Guest alex

41 fans rattled in? The Chronny at its best there.

More remarkable that we somehow got 5 away wins despite scoring the fewest away goals in the division (along with Stoke). Quite a worrying stat that imo.