Brett Pittman (Bristol City)

Marlon King (Coventry City)

Scott McDonald (Middlesbrough)

David Nugent (Portsmouth)

I bet yee still finger-paint

No sane person would ever sign that shyte you've suggested

I think for me...

Strikers:-

Daniel Sturridge - He will go back to Chelsea and I cant see him getting near the first team. Got too many above him in the pecking order.

Peter Odemwinge - Always looks a bit of a threat when he is on the ball. Scored 13 goals this season in the league to he cant be that bad.

Gary Hooper - Got a quick turn of pace and I think chuck in Forster in the deal and this could be a goer.

Lakuka - All the big clubs are in for him however that could all be agent talk. We have been linked with him though.

Midfielder:-

Adel Taarabt - Guy is frightening. Got some great skills however if he can transfer that to the EPL will be up for debate. Him and Ben Arfa could play some really beautiful football together.

Seb Larsson - On a free and we really need a right winger. I prefer Barton in the middle. Plus both can cover for each other.

Stephen Ireland - If the price is low enough then I would take him. I think if we can get him back to form then he would be a great signing. He has burnt his bridges with Villa. No more than £3.5mil though!

Defender:-

Christopher Samba - That boy is nothing short of a beast. Gets his head on everything and will be a threat in the box when he have Joey delivering in the ball.

Up Front...Derdiyok, Wickham, Sturridge, Hooper, Gervinho and Long.

Midfield...Taarabt CM, Skjelbred CM/RM, Larsson RM/RB, Jarvis RM/LW and Lens RW/LW/ST.

Defence...Taiwo LB and Naughton RB.

Two striker, Two Midfielders and Two Fullbacks.

Absolutely no chance of Lakuka coming to the Toon. He'd be a lot of money for a teenager proven in an inferior league. We can't afford to be taking risks like that.

Taarabt is coming up with QPR who have wealthier owners than we do. They wouldn't sell their best player.

What's Shane Long like btw? Only see him from highlights and stuff but he seems to have really come on. One of those players who will score a lot at that level but won't step up?

It'll take more than one decent season for me to change my opinion of him; he has a first touch that makes Martins seem as if he has glue on his boots, no attacking awareness (the amount of team moves he fucks up because he doesn't realise he has anyone to pass to is infuriating to watch) and needs too many chances to score goals. This is the first season he's scored more than 10 league goals in a season (and it's not his first full season as the main striker either), and that's mostly because the team around him is creating a lot of chances.

Will never be a premiership player worth any salt. 5 goals a season at that level and that's being optimistic.

I'd like to hear more about Skjelbred. Isn't he 23 or 24 by now and still playing in the Norwegian league? If he were any good, he'd have moved on by now, I'd think.

That is a point but remember he has also played quite a bit in the champions league.

Absolutely no chance of Lakuka coming to the Toon. He'd be a lot of money for a teenager proven in an inferior league. We can't afford to be taking risks like that.

Taarabt is coming up with QPR who have wealthier owners than we do. They wouldn't sell their best player.

Lakuka is being talked about in big terms but whether it happens is another thing.

Taarabt has made rumblings about wanting to move despite promotion. Mind you, £50k a week and I am sure the kid would stay :D

Edited by KeithJ

That list is not meant to be a joke.

You may not agree with it, but it's certainly not meant as a joke.

I believe in spending time looking for players who are a bit off the radar, who would almost certainly come to us without being asked twice and who are playing very well at this moment in time.

They are off the radar because they are shite.

He's got a point like, Martin Brittain, Peter Ramage, Calvin Zola, Paul Huntington and Matty Pattison would be worth a look too. David Edgar getting a game at Burnley?

We go for this lot and we won't be paying over the odds, they would also love to play for us I reckon.

They are off the radar because they are shite.

He's got a point like, Martin Brittain, Peter Ramage, Calvin Zola, Paul Huntington and Matty Pattison would be worth a look too. David Edgar getting a game at Burnley?

We go for this lot and we won't be paying over the odds, they would also love to play for us I reckon.

You missed Ian Bogie :D

On Saturday's showing it might be worth keeping an eye on David Vaughan of Blackpool....left footed midfielder and the man of the match at the weekend.Pretty much nullified Barton and linked up well with Adam,who was also good but only for an hour as he's a fat bastard. Welsh international and 28 though, which probably rules him out....his age like, not being Welsh, but they are a bit strange, look at Bellamy...