Wenger is now basically a joke.

Park Life

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a go, and failed, due to not knowing the thought process of one who considers Wenger to be an all-seeing eye.

haven't you fucked off to skunkers or Newcastle Online yet

Period of transition? :D

Yeah...I dont think what came before is given enough credit when it comes to the squad he built. And the way some people are going on as if this football management lark is a piece of piss etc, just buy a load of players and it will be medals all round....its not really like that is it? He's been competing with the best manager in history and the richest club in history, whilst managing a stadium move.

Name a club side with as many world class players who stayed together at the top of the pile for a decade. Theres probably some good arguments to be made for various Liverpool and Man Utd sides but I think the break up at Arsenal was more sudden for various reasons and has therefore taken more time to get it together again. And just why are Arsenal entitled to win anything anyway?....just because they're Arsenal? :blush:

Before the nineties they maybe averaged a trophy a decade? Why the fuss over six years? Is it all the medias fault? The SKY generation being brainwashed into thinking this big 4 shit is timeless?

Personally can't stand the club and a lot of their players and I ultimitely put it down to Wenger, still think he's a canny manager, just a moaning twat and it rubs off on his poor put upon babies.

but on the whole they are a very good side to watch

More of a frustrating side to watch if you ask me. The pass and move philosophy is nice and everything but counts for little if the players in possession don't take chances when they arise.

Wenger seems to be too stubborn and set in his ways to adapt to being a bit more direct and this is why they'll never finish above Man Utd (especially with the squads as they are now).

Edited by Tecato

but on the whole they are a very good side to watch

More of a frustrating side to watch if you ask me. The pass and move philosophy is nice and everything but counts for little if the players in possession don't take chances when they arise.

Wenger seems to be too stubborn and set in his ways to adapt to being a bit more direct and this is why they'll never finish above Man Utd (especially with the squads as they are now).

You're exactly right. I don't know if it's stubbornness or arrogance but everyone else seems to be able to spot the areas that they're weak in and Wenger refuses to address them.

Period of transition? :D

Yeah...I dont think what came before is given enough credit when it comes to the squad he built. And the way some people are going on as if this football management lark is a piece of piss etc, just buy a load of players and it will be medals all round....its not really like that is it? He's been competing with the best manager in history and the richest club in history, whilst managing a stadium move.

Name a club side with as many world class players who stayed together at the top of the pile for a decade. Theres probably some good arguments to be made for various Liverpool and Man Utd sides but I think the break up at Arsenal was more sudden for various reasons and has therefore taken more time to get it together again. And just why are Arsenal entitled to win anything anyway?....just because they're Arsenal? :blush:

Before the nineties they maybe averaged a trophy a decade? Why the fuss over six years? Is it all the medias fault? The SKY generation being brainwashed into thinking this big 4 shit is timeless?

Personally can't stand the club and a lot of their players and I ultimitely put it down to Wenger, still think he's a canny manager, just a moaning twat and it rubs off on his poor put upon babies.

Well thats the single bigget reason theres as much fuss, the sense of entitlement summed up in "Arsenal havent won anything for x seasons" Its utter shite. They won nowt between 54 and 71 and nowt between 71 and 79, then another near decade till George Graham got them going. And its the media that first said it. In the same way you can trace the national shit kicking weve taken in the last few years from the same twats to Gary Lineker mentioning wed won fuck all for 4 decades before a cup tie on the BBC a few years back.Thats when the gun was loaded against us if you ask me.Almost all "perceived wisdom", or cliched bollocks if you will, comes from biased twats in the media with an agenda or going out of their way to be controversial in an attempt to increase ratings or circulation. But once its out there theres no getting it back in the bottle.

As for Wenger, he's admitted he's to blame, and he is, the buck stops with the manager. But for fucks sakes lets look a bit more closer at what he's getting the balme for.

Listening to 606 last night and mostly GOONer ballsacks blowing their gas about him, wanting rid mostly. Fuck me though - if the callers weren't Adebyor impersonators they were George Agdgdgwngo voiceovers.

Goooodaftanoonmeestagreen indeed.

At the end of the day over the past few years Wenger has lost the likes of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires, Lehmann (not including his return), Lauren, Ashley Cole, Campbell, Ljungberg, Kolo Toure.

Yet he hasn't really replaced any of them, as they weren't just great players. They all had a fantastic mentality.

At the end of the day over the past few years Wenger has lost the likes of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires, Lehmann (not including his return), Lauren, Ashley Cole, Campbell, Ljungberg, Kolo Toure.

Yet he hasn't really replaced any of them, as they weren't just great players. They all had a fantastic mentality.

Never appointed a worthy captain since Viera either. Henry n Fabregas given it almost as thankyou's in their last seasons.

They were in the semi-final of the Champions League in 2008-09, and in the final in 2006. This season they've got into the Champions League, as usual.

But there is a caveman mentality that says 'I can't see a nice shiny tin pot, and I'm not intelligent enough to analyse the results beyond that'

One-legged cups are 50% luck.

Results like blowing a 4-0 lead against us, 2-0 and 3-1 leads against their local rivals, losing to their main competitive rivals in the league and cup, losing at home to two newly promoted sides, losing the final of the Carling Cup to a vastly inferior team etc etc etc?

It's all a question of progress, isn't it. Every team wants to get better, and Arsenal aren't doing so. If they want to play their pretty football with their exciting young players and were happy to go on being bridesmaids but never brides then fine. But even before the Bolton game Wenger was still going on about winning the title when the world and his dog knew that was never going to happen.

Talk of them winning the quadruple was hilarious, that team couldn't win a one man wanking contest.

They were in the semi-final of the Champions League in 2008-09, and in the final in 2006. This season they've got into the Champions League, as usual.

But there is a caveman mentality that says 'I can't see a nice shiny tin pot, and I'm not intelligent enough to analyse the results beyond that'

One-legged cups are 50% luck.

Results like blowing a 4-0 lead against us, 2-0 and 3-1 leads against their local rivals, losing to their main competitive rivals in the league and cup, losing at home to two newly promoted sides, losing the final of the Carling Cup to a vastly inferior team etc etc etc?

It's all a question of progress, isn't it. Every team wants to get better, and Arsenal aren't doing so. If they want to play their pretty football with their exciting young players and were happy to go on being bridesmaids but never brides then fine. But even before the Bolton game Wenger was still going on about winning the title when the world and his dog knew that was never going to happen.

Talk of them winning the quadruple was hilarious, that team couldn't win a one man wanking contest.

:D

They are also missing the muscle and pace of Adebayor or that type. Vp has bags of finesse but not sure he is a fighter when things aren't working out...He tends to start sulking. No leaders in the side and nothing solid in midfield. Song looks a pale impression of Tiote.

Wenger is a mug. For many years, we've been saying 'the players will mature to greatness' at the end of a trophyless season, watch them play their tippy-tappy football, peak in February, then fade. For the same amount of time Arsenal have blatantly needed a good keeper, a tough midfielder and defender, and a 20+ goal a season striker. Instead he buys pretty little boys, who are happy to pass, pass pass and not dare shoot. Winners get the job done, even if it means playing a tedious game. The result is everything, but under Wenger, Arsenal care more about playing pretty patterns and trying to score the perfect goal.

Not sure what your point is, parky. The sending off was absurd and did kill the game.

After our display on saturday, its difficult to call wenger a joke when you look at the clown we have in charge.

Not sure what your point is, parky. The sending off was absurd and did kill the game.

After our display on saturday, its difficult to call wenger a joke when you look at the clown we have in charge.

Don't see why our own deficiencies should prevent us from criticising others.

I like him, fantastic manager. He's not without faults and everybody knows that he should spend some of the money made available to him! That aside though the club are constantly in the top four always do well in the champions league and play absolutely superb football!

They've won nothing for a while granted but that won't continue for long I think.

I'd give your right arm to have Wenger and his track record at Newcastle. Maybe manure and chelsea can criticise him but its difficult for us when there's people on here who think pardew is doing a good job.

And I can't stand wenger but he's light years ahead of anybody we've had since KK, And that includes SBR.

the best foreign coach statistically (except mourinho) in the premiership.

having said that, really arsenal need a plan b or plan c. scezny is going to be some keeper, but they needed vermaelen back this year, he was their best defender last year and the new buys (squillaci especially) have not been up to it.

I'd give your right arm to have Wenger and his track record at Newcastle. Maybe manure and chelsea can criticise him but its difficult for us when there's people on here who think pardew is doing a good job.

And I can't stand wenger but he's light years ahead of anybody we've had since KK, And that includes SBR.

Are you the sort of guy who thinks people shouldn't criticise bands unless they're in a platinum selling one themselves?