Should St. George's Day be a National Holiday?

Irrelevant Nick KP

Should St. George's Day be a National Holiday?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To answer the op ( now that my hoop has been " Imbruglia'd" ), you either make every Saint's day a national holiday ( George, Andrew, David and Paddy) or you do it according to country- ie England gets a day off on George's day , Scots on Andrew's etc.

The problem with both is Norn Iron. I reckon giving them Paddys day off would upset the Unionists.

That's assuming NI doesn't have it's own patron saint, please put me right if you know otherwise.

To answer the op ( now that my hoop has been " Imbruglia'd" ), you either make every Saint's day a national holiday ( George, Andrew, David and Paddy) or you do it according to country- ie England gets a day off on George's day , Scots on Andrew's etc.

The problem with both is Norn Iron. I reckon giving them Paddys day off would upset the Unionists.

That's assuming NI doesn't have it's own patron saint, please put me right if you know otherwise.

NI already get Paddy's day and the the 12th of July to keep the other lot happy.

I'm not against public holidays as such but still don't like Saints days as a concept.

We have less public holidays than anywhere else in europe and no bank holidays from the end of August until Christmas. We should have a Trafalgar Day in October.

The added bonus would be that it might piss off the French & Spanish.

Added bonus?? That's one of the driving forces for me like... :)

We have less public holidays than anywhere else in europe and no bank holidays from the end of August until Christmas. We should have a Trafalgar Day in October.

We could probably squeeze a Dresden Day in February too.

We could probably squeeze a Dresden Day in February too.

;)

I'm likeing both suggestions!

p.s. I voted yes. We should celebrate our (unique) national indentity.

Edited by AgentAxeman