Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

I think it's a massive shame about Ben Arfa. Sure he hasn't helped himself, but I remember he wanted to be the world's best or something like that :/ Pardew has ruined any hopelessly slim chance he ever may have had of that.

I think it's a massive shame about Ben Arfa. Sure he hasn't helped himself, but I remember he wanted to be the world's best or something like that :/ Pardew has ruined any hopelessly slim chance he ever may have had of that.

As Jacko said, "Good art never dies". He'll be back in France next year showing some of his old self...No doubt.

Probably naivety, but I didn't foresee Ben Arfa's time here ending like this. There must have been words said several times to end up in an untenable situation like this. Playing devil's advocate here but I don't think he'll be worried about not going to a notoriously windy city in NZ in the thick of winter to play some lower league sides.

Its going to be shite isn't it. Oh well it's a day out I suppose and we get the chance to shout abuse at Pardew. Assuming hes going...

Nah, I think it'll be pretty close to the truth. His agent has admitted to wanting him to hold out for a free transfer. He'll be 29 then and is obviously after one last big pay day. He'll go where the money is. There is no money in France unless you are PSG and Monaco, there isn't much in Italy or Spain either. He'll hope for bigger offers from the Middle East, Russia or even China where taxes are low and training is minimal and ply his trade there.

I think the point is he was 1.5kg over the limit thy set him which would have allowed for some weight gain over last season.

Β 

Love the player but if he can't be arsed to cut back on the Merguez to stay reasonably fit then I can't see him sorting out his performances to be a consistent player.

He was like Mick Quinn last season man.

Thats what I mean but there's more to it than the weight issue there has to be. It's been pointed out he could drop that in a week no problem but Pardew seems to have gone way OTT. Made to train with the reserves, not in the team for the Oldham game, fined €2,000 & told he wouldn't be going on the NZ trip I'm beginning to think there might be some truth in the rumour he chinned Pardew.

I think the point is he was 1.5kg over the limit thy set him which would have allowed for some weight gain over last season.

Β 

Love the player but if he can't be arsed to cut back on the Merguez to stay reasonably fit then I can't see him sorting out his performances to be a consistent player.

Agree with Chez, I think they'd have set him a goal and he come in 1.5kg over that. I'm sure he's fat as fuck, I love watching him when he's on form but the fact is he's badly out of shape and probably cant be arsed to get into shape. Whatever reason you want to attribute to it, Pardew and him falling out, Pardew being a jeb end, losing motivation, being lazy etc it's just depressing that there's a real player in there and we'll most definitely never see that player properly again for us.

If Fatem Ben Muffintop cant be arsed to stay in reasonable shape he should give up trying to be a professional footballer. Mind you I wouldnt be surprised if this is a lie put about by the club to turn fans against him in the hope he'll move on. #conspiracytheory