Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

And a club at our level can't attract players with both his amount of ability and the desired attitude. Given we have players who have the attitude and that gets us nowhere, perhaps it's reasonable to hope someone with ability to provide answers?

And a club at our level can't attract players with both his amount of ability and the desired attitude. Given we have players who have the attitude and that gets us nowhere, perhaps it's reasonable to hope someone with ability to provide answers?

Β 

Absolutely. I'd love nothing more than a Keegan to waltz into town, give him carte blanche and push the rest of the team to cover for his shortcomings.

Β 

But there's a refusal among many to criticise him under any circumstances, or to even accept he has any shortcomings, despite this.

True, but the other side to that is a eagerness to apportion 100% of the blame to him. Ironically it's a lazy argument.

Pardew's thinking ahead of the game was probably that Baines was more dangerous and he doesn't trust Mbiwa as the right sided CB. In his mind Gouffran would do more to limit Mbiwa's exposure. Of course, the better approach might have been to have Baines pinned back and worried about what Ben Arfa could do to him, rather than inviting him to attack. Or have a try switching it before dragging Ben Arfa off. That would have been to admit he got it wrong though, and pride wouldn't allow it.

Β 

Pardew hamstrings his own players left right and centre. Almost like a test of their attitude to see if they'll put a stint in and commit 100% wherever they play for the team. Some do, some don't. I have more time for those that do, while wholly agreeing that Pardew is a fucking goon.

Β 

Β 

You think Pardew thinks.

My only problem with Ben Arfa is that he is simply nowhere near as good a footballer as his fans make out.

Β 

He has skill but not the mental ability to put it to the team's best use. He doesn't have a football brain to match his skills.

Β 

Pardew has given him plenty of runs (like the start of last season ), but it's his form that gets him dropped. I can only remember Villa as a standout game for him.

Β 

Add the fact he seems to care little for his fitness and his team mates don't want him , the good riddance.

Β 

Never have I heard so many excuses made for a player. :lol:

My only problem with Ben Arfa is that he is simply nowhere near as good a footballer as his fans make out.

Β 

He has skill but not the mental ability to put it to the team's best use. He doesn't have a football brain to match his skills.

Β 

Pardew has given him plenty of runs (like the start of last season ), but it's his form that gets him dropped. I can only remember Villa as a standout game for him.

Β 

Add the fact he seems to care little for his fitness and his team mates don't want him , the good riddance.

Β 

Never have I heard so many excuses made for a player. :lol:

Ben Arfa shimmy's his arse on the corner of the opposition box and 51,999 fans rise as one in anticipation.

Β 

One fan sits with his arms folded muttering "he'll not dee owt! He hasn't got the mental ability".

just look at his history? he had fallings out but during that he still won trophies and player of the year ffs lol

Β 

they managed his ability and playing style better than us which is my argument, i'm not saying he won't be a pain in the hoop or stroppy, what i'm saying is we haven't even benefited from the positive side he brings because pardews a dick.

Β 

Can say what you like but fact is everyone not just HBA, everyone who came with promise and showed it has had it drilled out of them under pardew swiftly.

Β 

neverforget this is the guy who benched/played the likes of carlos tevez and mascherano out of position

Β 

he's a clown.

Let it go, Ant. Just let it go. He is not the shining star you think he is. And he won't be regardless of the club he is at. Didn't you predict bigger clubs coming in for him btw? :lol:

Β 

Look, you understand football. But you are hanging onto something that won't be because the club can't attract someone of equal ability but with a better mentality to grasp his weaknesses without grabbing a kebab in retort. It is what it is.

Let it go, Ant. Just let it go. He is not the shining star you think he is. And he won't be regardless of the club he is at. Didn't you predict bigger clubs coming in for him btw? :lol:

Β 

Look, you understand football. But you are hanging onto something that won't be because the club can't attract someone of equal ability but with a better mentality to grasp his weaknesses without grabbing a kebab in retort. It is what it is.

Β 

Β 

;)

It must be the club's fault that they don't appear to have helped much.

Β 

You can tell Trooper reads The Mag articles religiously.

Not sure if thats a compliment or an insult

Not sure if thats a compliment or an insult

Insult.

Β 

I used to love .com, but they've got too maudlin for me.

Β 

yes he could work harder - but he's an erratic french genius, just like robert and ginola, with magic in his boots. he's never going to be as good defensively as he is going forward so free him of the responsibility. put him in a position where he can do what he's good at. you don't need your number ten so concerned with tracking back. let him get on the ball and make the play.

Β 

he's the only player on our books right now that genuinely excites going forward. and we're about to get rid of him and replace him some hard working grafter. mint. nothing gets fans as excited as players that work their socks off tracking back.

I'm a fan of Ben Arfa, not sure if more for entertainment than our chances at winning games at this point but hey ho, but I love how 'hard working grafter' has somehow become a negative thing for a player to be :lol: