Bruce gone?

We weren't prolific with him tbf, he was strolling round the pitch like he couldn't give a toss this season.

And our injuries have been canny bad:

Turner - most of season

Bramble - 1/3 season

Richardson - month or so

Gordon - missed a lot, has rarely played

Onouha - few weeks

Cattermole - months

Welbeck - month or so

Mensah - injured every other week, and that's no lie!

Campbell - full season

There's probably a few more as well. Not an excuse for the dip in form, but definitely a contributing factor.

I thought you'd had bad injuries. Like us (and most other teams outside the top 5 or 6), you don't have the squad to cope when important players are missing. Not surprised he's not getting cut any slack though (although I think of him as a Man Utd stalwart first and foremost). 1 point in 27 is disastrous form though, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if your owner gives him the heave-ho at the end of the season, I probably would. I really thought he'd have done better than he has, and when he was appointed I thought you'd may be finally backed a good horse.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add three more to that injury list after today.

I don't think Bruce has made a tactical substitution in about two months, every game he uses all his subs up replacing injured players. The medical set-up at the club needs a full review at the end of the season.

Paper over the cracks tbh. It'll be the same next season, ''Bruce Out, mag wanker'' pretty much after every bad result. ''Pushing for Europe/Progress/North East Top dogs'' after every good one.

Paper over the cracks tbh. It'll be the same next season, ''Bruce Out, mag wanker'' pretty much after every bad result. ''Pushing for Europe/Progress/North East Top dogs'' after every good one.

It's the same sort of thing on here tbf, football fans are incredibly fickle.

What's the general opinion on Pardew now with NUFC fans?

He's generally decent and he can motivate the players he just needs to stop fucking about. 3-5-2 who the fuck plays 3-5-2?

I think people's problem with Pardew is the way he was appointed. He will have been desperate for us to do badly so Hughton could be sacked - the deal was in place weeks before he was actually appointed.

It's the same sort of thing on here tbf, football fans are incredibly fickle.

What's the general opinion on Pardew now with NUFC fans?

Dunno about NUFC fans in general, but personally I'm not convinced about him yet. His track record suggests he's no better than mediocre and he hasn't pulled up any trees this season. The suspicion remains for me that he's media savvy but lacks substance and is basically a yes man for Ashley (didn't do himself any favours with his guarantee that Carroll wouldn't leave). I also don't like his tendency to criticise players through the media.

To be fair he's done OK in the aftermath of Hughton's sacking and we've been trying to survive/consolidate in the PL this season which looks like job sdone. Also the players seem to rate him. I guess next season will be the true test, especially if he gets the chance to bring in his own players.