Bruce gone?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he hasnt, one thing that strikes me about Bruce is that he drinks too much to manage a modern premiership side. A job of that magnitude, with all the dimensions to the modern role, the decision-making and analytical responsibilities, i'd say one or two beers of an evening would be too much for a high pressured role like that.

The fact that he has an alkie's face/nose and is always cropping up in stories of him in some bar or another mortal, suggests he is not fit to do the job.

Imo.

Sir alex may have drank too much in the past but not anymore i reckon (and probably did when they were doing shit too).

Its Bruce's bloated podgy face man, its the face of an alkie. Sir Alex had a whisky nose, its not so bad nowadays.

Looks like a proper plonky like. Tbh, whilst it would be funny just after getting a contract extension I almost hope he stays. He's doing a poor job with the resources at his disposal imo. Especially this season with the league being so tight and relatively few points needed for a top 8 finish.

Reports on the SMB saying a press conference has been called. he was reported to have been in the Wallsend Buffs with his fatha the other week saying he couldn't give a fuck if he is sacked as he's just signed a three year contract.

While I doubt the validity of the story since it's came from the SMB it would be typical SAFC to call a press conference when all the local journalists are at our training ground for Pardoo's pre-match presser <_<

While I doubt the validity of the story since it's came from the SMB it would be typical SAFC to call a press conference when all the local journalists are at our training ground for Pardoo's pre-match presser <_<

:D aye all that's there would be the Sunlun Echoooaaaah and Miles Starforth of the Shields Gazzette. Martin O'Neill WOULD take the Sunderland position imo.

If Bruce gets much fatter, then he'd better not be in a room with Alan Brazil. Their gravitational fields will ensure they collide together and form a black hole of footballing shitness. And if Allardyce and JFK turn up, we'll have what is known as a supermassive twat hole.

To all those criticizing Bruce for drinking, can you imagine being in his shoes for a moment, being born with that face? Can you blame him for drinking? He's gone 40 years through life with that face, it can't have been easy. Many others would have topped themselves in those circumstances, so it's a credit he's managed a lasting career in top flight football, both as a player and manager. I am surprised at this criticism coming from a man like Chez who has had to live with the horrifying consequences of male pattern baldness.

If Bruce gets much fatter, then he'd better not be in a room with Alan Brazil. Their gravitational fields will ensure they collide together and form a black hole of footballing shitness. And if Allardyce and JFK turn up, we'll have what is known as a supermassive twat hole.

:D

Heard this rumour as well from an 'unwashed' mate. Mind I heard the same rumour after the WBA match.

Tbh, I reckon he's doing a fuckin FANTASTIC job!!

<_<

thing about him is, he will never be accepted by the mackems. He has to keep winning to beat off the natural hatred they have for him because he's a Geordie.

Not a Geordie in the strictest sense of the word, as he's now a ManU supporter like Bobby Charlton, but to a mackem he's a Geordie regardless of that. He's also lost respect among NUFC supporters for his antics and comments over the years, who will never accept him either.

His time is numbered. He will not be there by the start of next season. If Gyan hadn't scored that equaliser against us, he may have gone already.

Then he'll have plenty of time to get as pissed as he likes.

Edited by LeazesMag

tbf its not done Sir Alex any harm

*allegedly

was my first thought too

there are plenty of high functioning alcoholics in high stress positions, so not sure I agree on this one, chez

thing about him is, he will never be accepted by the mackems. He has to keep winning to beat off the natural hatred they have for him because he's a Geordie.

Not a Geordie in the strictest sense of the word, as he's now a ManU supporter like Bobby Charlton, but to a mackem he's a Geordie regardless of that. He's also lost respect among NUFC supporters for his antics and comments over the years, who will never accept him either.

His time is numbered. He will not be there by the start of next season. If Gyan hadn't scored that equaliser against us, he may have gone already.

Then he'll have plenty of time to get as pissed as he likes.

I was thinking that the other day, if it hadn't been for that goal they'd probably go down this season imo. Which would have been absolutely hilarious.

Agree with Alex though and hope the fat twat survives the summer.

As I mentioned a while ago, it's a regular scene for him to walk of the diamond up in Pont, like the Hunchback of Notredam, he's a plonky, but....I'm hearing his job is safe.

There's no reason there shouldn't be speculation. They've had a reasonable squad for a few years now and have routinely had horrible runs that see them slide down the table from promising positions. Often that's a result of lack of motivation in the players. A large part of the onus for that would have to lay with the manager.

I'm guessing that a problem at Sunderland is that the owners aren't seeing a good return and so don't want to outlay any extra cash to shift Bruce.

*allegedly

was my first thought too

there are plenty of high functioning alcoholics in high stress positions, so not sure I agree on this one, chez

It was more about spreading malicious rumour about the scum's manager more than anything <_<

On the topic of excessive drinking/work though i guess it depends on the nature of the job and where the stress comes from. If you work in the city, you are gambling on the outcomes of events. You might have enough experience and knowledge to be able to process the implications of events as it doesnt require you to learn new ways of thinking. The stress becomes investing large cash into a gamble, and being full of coke and booze might not neccessarily be a bad thing. Being an actor is stressful but probably doesnt matter too much how much you drink.

For a modern football manager, untrained in anything apart from coaching and playing football, running a club, preparing tactics to play teams, translating that into targeted coaching and adjusting this every week, buying and selling players, understanding the finance and administration (all increasingly complex), i reckon excessive drinking is going to affect your performance.

I take your point though.

*allegedly

was my first thought too

isn't Alex Ferguson teetotal now ? Read his book but can't remember. He def has no time for his players drinking, always has.

It clearly took its toll on Brian Clough in his last few years.

*allegedly

was my first thought too

isn't Alex Ferguson teetotal now ? Read his book but can't remember. He def has no time for his players drinking, always has.

I thought he was a bit of a wine connoisseur these days.

*allegedly

was my first thought too

I thought he was a bit of a wine connoisseur these days.

he might be. If I see his book in a 2nd hand shop or somewhere, I'd buy it and read it again, I think its one of those which is updated now and again too.