Will Mourinho come?

Christmas Tree

CT back on the Blue WKD with a vengeance.

Funny when I was at Asda Boldon last week they'd sold out of Special Brew.

It's rarely mentioned that he WAS offered the toon job in 2002, but turned it down. If we had owners like Man City he'd come, but we haven't we've got Arkwright & Son in comparison.

Edited by McFaul

Bearing in mind the length of his contract, the UEFA fair financial rules and our planned profit position next year, will Mourinho come or will he take the easy option (Man U)?

I'm quoting that for posterity.

It's rarely mentioned that he WAS offered the toon job in 2002, but turned it down. If we had owners like Man City he'd come, but we haven't we've got Arkwright & Son in comparison.

Was he?

He said that Bobby asked him to come as his assistant witha view to taking over the reigns. But he knew that due to Bob y's

love for us he wouldn't have gave up the job so easily.

Was he?

He said that Bobby asked him to come as his assistant witha view to taking over the reigns. But he knew that due to Bob y's

love for us he wouldn't have gave up the job so easily.

Aye, he was offered the job as assistant manager, with a view to becoming manager after 2 years. He was offered the position, but like you say, he knocked it back for the reasons you've said.

I miss SBR, such a lovely man, great example for anyone in how to hold yourself and live your life. Not many gentlemen in the world, NEN on here, but he was one.

Edited by McFaul

Who knows what goes on in the minds of people like CT, Gejon, Rob, skidders, Fish.....oh dear.

Hit a nerve tonight :icon_lol:

I am always starting threads like this though so you have me there.

Who knows what goes on in the minds of people like CT, Gejon, Rob, skidders, Fish.....oh dear.

Hit a nerve tonight :icon_lol:

I am always starting threads like this though so you have me there.

yep, you've really got me worried :D