Pardew

Monkeys Fist

Following the comment by Nolan, mentioned here, regarding his preference for Hughton or Pardew, I'm curious to see what you think about Ole Rapey, now, 4 months down the line.

I seem to remember a comment by him on the night of the 3-1 Dippers game , about him wanting to earn our respect- has he done that yet for anyone?

Personally, I still think he's a slightly more credible JFK, I have little respect for him, and less for whatever crap he comes out with.

This is a man who sat on his hands watching Carroll being sold, brought in Shefki Kuqi, yet sent Routledge out on (perma?)loan as he wasn't good enough?

Thoughts?

I think he is a decent - good manager, not great, but decent. I always have. He did a good job at Reading, and a decent job at West Ham. Some of his criticisms in the media after games have made me cringe, he shouldn't be so specific to the media ie differentiating between his most senior players and younger players even if not by name, but other than that, he is a better manager than Hughton even though I admire Hughton for conducting himself well and doing a good job.

Politics : he is doing the job with his hands tied though, so don't take this as saying he will give us a top premiership side, because he won't, he'll do a good job with what he has, that's all. If we are relegated then its because he had a shit set of cards.

Edited by LeazesMag

He was brought in over Hughton to to " take us to the next level" though.

Has he done anything Hughton couldn't have done equally well (or better)?

Out of interest, where were we in the league when Chris got the push?

He was brought in over Hughton to to " take us to the next level" though.

Has he done anything Hughton couldn't have done equally well (or better)?

Out of interest, where were we in the league when Chris got the push?

I think its obvious Hughton wasn't really their man, and they were just waiting for a run of results to justify getting rid of him.

I think he's done alright considering he's only making the on-field decision. Shame he's not making the off-field decisions, then we'd be able to judge him a lot better

The fact he took the job under those conditions is partly why I have no respect for him.

I like him, he's honest and i think his criticism in the media of certain players is just and have no problem with it.

He wants to play football and you can tell he wants to make something of his time here.

Final judgement will be who stays and who goes and who we bring in through the summer. That and how we do next year.

I think he is a 6/10 but has potential to be a good 8/10 manager in the same bracket as a moyes or a redknapp.

Mostly agree with what Leazes has said.

Some of his tactical moves have left me a bit confused, however I like the fact that we once again have a manager that actually speaks, be it good or bad.

Obviously I would like better, but I'll settle for him til Jose's ready for his next premiership job.

I think he's done alright considering he's only making the on-field decision. Shame he's not making the off-field decisions, then we'd be able to judge him a lot better

The fact he took the job under those conditions is partly why I have no respect for him.

Any manager we get is going to have to work under those circumstances under Ashley unfortunately.

He's tryed to do his best under the situation, but i dont hate him, nor do i like him

Decent manager, bit of a cock and has done an ok job so far but not really been able to put his mark on the team yet. If he's given money to spend it'll be interesting to see who he brings in and how he puts his team out, he is a puppet but really can't blame him as this is the biggest job he's had and he knew the owner was a cunt coming into it.

Lower league manager given a job far beyond his ability thanks to his connections with the charming people we have running the club.

Off-field, he's a puppet and not a single word he says to the press or anyone should be believed. May as well get your magic 8-ball out, it'll give you straighter answers than Pardew will.

On the field, he seems to rate S. Taylor over Williamson which is unfortunate, doesn't rate Routledge which is ok but that doesn't mean we should get rid, in general seems just about average. Another Roeder, except more arrogant and instantly dislikeable.

Guest Your Name Here

Talks a lot but says nothing. Huge question marks about when he was approached about the job, and why he was apparently the only candidate. Insincerely eager to kiss the supporters arse and yet to prove he is in any way a better manager than Hughton. Also swore blind Carroll wouldn’t be sold.

I don’t trust him and he has it all to prove.

Since the surprise sudden firing of Hughton and the even more surprising quick hiring of Pardew I have always thought he was nothing more than an Ashley & Lambias puppet. He talks eloquently enough in his media interviews but there is little substance in what he says.

Obviously I would like him to be a big success in the manager's job at St. James and take us forward and upward but I'm not confident he has the skills to do it. In my opinion, in some of his starting line-ups, substitutions, and January window signings, he has not shown me he is any better than Hughton was.

I was never 100% sure about Hughton but I can't help but think that if Hughton were still in charge we might have been a little higher in the league than we are right now.

Show me I'm wrong Pardew, show me you're the man.

He's a puppet. I don't blame him for taking the job though, he was desperate and no other premier league club was going to hire him in the near future. Good to see he hasn't fucked up hughton's good work so far - he's done well to maintain the team spirit, which I was worried might take a hit after hughton was axed against the players' wishes.

He needs to be given a bit of money to invest before we can really judge him otherwise it's a case of how far above the relegation battle he can keep us. If the current low level of investment in t he playing staff continues then a mid table finish will always be considered a good one, so fair play to both chris h and pardew if their combined efforts mean we end up finishing closer to the top than the bottom this season.