Newcastle United v Manchester United

Christmas Tree

I think Man Utd were shite, the Giggs and Rooney chances aside we were comfortable. All this good result bollocks, if we had our full team I'd have been gutted by the result. Nice atmosphere in SJP really enjoyed it, and the Level 7 piss take of Man City's goal celebration looked absolutely fuckin MINT! <_< It really looked class.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Man Utd were shite, the Giggs and Rooney chances aside we were comfortable. All this good result bollocks, if we had our full team I'd have been gutted by the result. Nice atmosphere in SJP really enjoyed it, and the Level 7 piss take of Man City's goal celebration looked absolutely fuckin MINT! <_< It really looked class.

what was that?

All this good result bollocks, if we had our full team I'd have been gutted by the result.

Only Nolan missing surely?

Without going all CT I'm sure we could have "easily" finished 6th or 7th if we had any sembance of a strikeforce - maybe even if we'd just kept Carroll.

what was that?

Even looking at this on youtube it makes me smile, it's absolutely mint :D

All this good result bollocks, if we had our full team I'd have been gutted by the result.

Without going all CT I'm sure we could have "easily" finished 6th or 7th if we had any sembance of a strikeforce - maybe even if we'd just kept Carroll.

Only Nolan missing? Shola wasn't fit, Ben Arfa would've played, and another striker like Best in front of Lovenkrands and we would've done something last night. We were blunt up front, says it all that Lovenkrands was 10/1 for first goal.

Only Nolan missing? Shola wasn't fit, Ben Arfa would've played, and another striker like Best in front of Lovenkrands and we would've done something last night. We were blunt up front, says it all that Lovenkrands was 10/1 for first goal.

Yeah but we have what we have - Ameobi, Lovenkrands and Best are all second rate imo and are/have been our only choices for ages now.

A truly magnificent game with a particularly pulsating first half. Nice to put in a performance like that on the box.

Krul did well and that first save was superb. I have no doubt Harper would have still be going down as the ball hit the back of the net, had he been playing.

Strikers aside, the rest of the team were great and must have been fucked after the first half alone.

Not keen on having a shiny head running around the park.

Credit to Pardew as well. Looked as though he was running the technical area well, gestating at the ref for decisions etc and would like to think that its his influence starting to tease the best out of Jonas.

That result / game, shown around the world, will have done wonders for our team / club morale and helped our recruitment drive no end.

I thought it was a canny performance and was pleased with the point but how was that a magnificent game? Sky's post-match highlights were basically a quick look or two at the Giggs chance, the potential Lovenkrands pen then about 20 re-runs of the alleged foul in the box on Hernandez. Man Utd were poor and we played quite well (given the quality of the opposition) but it must have been dull as ditchwater for the neutral.

Edited by alex

Not a fan of his or disagreeing with you there but Lovenkrands but a great shift in last night. Especially first half.

Aye worked hard but the lack of quality was so evident. Alex I would've put everything in my pocket on you scoring that header he just needed to hit the target imo.

what was that?

Even looking at this on youtube it makes me smile, it's absolutely mint :D

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/video/features/do-the-poznan

Even if you know what it's about, well worth clicking the link to see the Leazesesque old fella in a big hat not joining in after 1 minute 20 and to see the state of the haircut on Manchester City's Social Media Executive on 2 minutes. How he can get away with that at a football stadium is beyond belief.

Not a fan of his or disagreeing with you there but Lovenkrands but a great shift in last night. Especially first half.

Aye worked hard but the lack of quality was so evident. Alex I would've put everything in my pocket on you scoring that header he just needed to hit the target imo.

Latest in a long line of players you can't fault for effort but not quite good enough.

All ct???? <_<

Whats the difference apart from mine being foresight (ish) and yours being hindsight.

A truly magnificent game with a particularly pulsating first half. Nice to put in a performance like that on the box.

Krul did well and that first save was superb. I have no doubt Harper would have still be going down as the ball hit the back of the net, had he been playing.

Strikers aside, the rest of the team were great and must have been fucked after the first half alone.

Not keen on having a shiny head running around the park.

Credit to Pardew as well. Looked as t

hough he was running the technical area well, gestating at the ref for decisions etc and would like to think that its his influence starting to tease the best out of Jonas.

That result / game, shown around the world, will have done wonders for our team / club morale and helped our recruitment drive no end.

I thought it was a canny performance and was pleased with the point but how was that a magnificent game? Sky's post-match highlights were basically a quick look or two at the Giggs chance, the potential Lovenkrands pen then about 20 re-runs of the alleged foul in the box on Hernandez. Man Utd were poor and we played quite well (given the quality of the opposition) but it must have been dull as ditchwater for the neutral.

Not really fussed what it did for the neutral.

For me, given who we were playing, the knowledge that a good stuffing might follow and then the way in which we tore them apart for about 20 mins followed the tension of holding on for the vital point. All added to the event for me.

Not a 5-1 or 4-4 but still very good imo

We played well in the first twenty minutes but we hardly tore them apart. I know you're a fan of hyperbole but that's OTT even for you. I didn't find it a thrilling match by any means. It lacked both quality and goal mouth incidents from either side.

All ct???? <_<

Whats the difference apart from mine being foresight (ish) and yours being hindsight.

:D

Very ish. Not sure Carroll was worth ten points in the last ten games at all.

I thought it was a good match, plenty of quality from us in the first half and some crisp attacking moves from them in the second. 'Pulsating encounter' and 'blood and guts' is how a few journos have gone with it. Not high on quality overall, entertaining enough but mainly because what was at stake on both sides.

Compare it to the utter horse-shite from the Mail and you realise why we are so fucking short of decent journalists in this country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...lan-Pardew.html

It's unbelievable how shite like that gets published.

By all accounts, Newcastle are on a sounder financial footing, irrespective of the Carroll money. High earners such as Joey Barton and Jose Enrique are also expected to leave in the summer.

As if that's a good thing.

It is hard to see Mike Williamson shirts flying off the shelves in the club shop

He's a CB, what do you expect? I bet Smalling shirts aren't 'flying off the shelves' of the MU club shop.

With his own manager in charge it really is 'put up or sell up' time for Ashley.

Aye, because Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer and Hughton weren't his appointments. <_<

Compare it to the utter horse-shite from the Mail and you realise why we are so fucking short of decent journalists in this country.

By all accounts, Newcastle are on a sounder financial footing, irrespective of the Carroll money. High earners such as Joey Barton and Jose Enrique are also expected to leave in the summer.

As if that's a good thing.

It is hard to see Mike Williamson shirts flying off the shelves in the club shop

He's a CB, what do you expect? I bet Smalling shirts aren't 'flying off the shelves' of the MU club shop.

With his own manager in charge it really is 'put up or sell up' time for Ashley.

Aye, because Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer and Hughton weren't his appointments. <_<

Laughable isn't it?

Got a lift off my dad yesterday and read a bit of his Sun.

There was an article about how Pardew once had some porridge at Man U's training ground. Fergie told him to put salt on it.

That was the ENTIRE article.

no team plays its first 11 more than 5 or 6 times a season.

Its just another excuse being trotted out by the Ashley apologists/those who have accepted lower standards.

I know ManU are a great side, but we are also big enough as a club to be looking to beat them, at home especially. If we aren't doing that then something is wrong.

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier, but was the substitution of Lovenkrands and Ameobi enforced through them taking a knock or anything, emphasising we only had one other striker on the bench, because filling the midfield with 5 players only allowed ManU to push us back. We could easily have lost that because of those changes.

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier, but was the substitution of Lovenkrands and Ameobi enforced through them taking a knock or anything, emphasising we only had one other striker on the bench, because filling the midfield with 5 players only allowed ManU to push us back. We could easily have lost that because of those changes.

Think they were just both to bring on a pair of fresh legs.