Cameron --- Pen Pushers can't stop your Royal party!

Christmas Tree

David Cameron has urged the public to ignore council "pen-pushers" - and to go ahead and throw royal wedding street parties.

The Prime Minister hit out at red tape and bureaucracy and urged people to celebrate, as he would be in Downing Street.

Speaking at a PM Direct event in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, Mr Cameron dismissed any attempts by local authorities to force people into compiling rafts of paperwork for their party.

"This is ridiculous," he said. "These pen pushers and busybodies are completely wrong. They have no right to stop you from having a party.

"Let me put it like this: I am the Prime Minister and I am telling you if you want to have a street party, you go ahead and have one."

The Prime Minister had earlier addressed concerns that "petty bureaucracy" was discouraging people from staging their own parties on April 29 with an article in The Sun.

He said the day was a "chance for all of us to come together and celebrate the great things about our country" and that people's patriotism might "surprise" them.

"We have done our bit by ripping up red tape and many councils have done the same," he said.

He wrote: "To those councils that are asking small groups of neighbours for licences, insurance and other bureaucracy my message is clear: Don't interfere, don't get in the way and don't make problems where there are none.

"Let people get on and have fun.

"And my message to everyone who wants to have a street party is: I'm having one and I want you to go ahead and have one too.

"The truth is that this is a great chance for communities to come together and celebrate.

"So go on, bring out the bunting and let's make this a day to remember for everyone.

Nice one Dave. <_<

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not one to avoid a party meself, but could not care less about a royal wedding.

Is the point. Its a chance to re-create the great street parties of 77 when we had the silver jubilee. Chuck a bit bunting up, get some of the neighbours to each make a bit of scran. Chip in for a bouncy castle for rthe kids, load up the water pistols and have a good old time.

Lawes_ave_1977_silver_jubilee_party.jpg

Street-party-for-silver-j-001.jpg

Read somewhere that there's only been about 25 or so applications for street parties in Newcastle, Manchester and Liverpool combined, makes me proud to be a Northerner <_<

Yup. The geographical distribution of the applications to councils tells its own story.

Link to a map on page of link below

http://wikileaksdatajournalism.wordpress.c...2%80%93-mapped/

The fucking BBC have wormed their way into the Monarchy's anus in good time. Soon enough Huw Edwards will be able to tell if either of the couple have tonsilitis. It seems odd to celebrate a marriage between an inbred and a ruthless upper middle class social climber I've never met.

I'd celebrate with a Russian themed party, complete with kids with red arm bands and semi-automatic water pistols to fire at parents dressed up as the royal family.

Saw an ad for a 'behind the scenes' show following the chefs, cleaners etc., and some voiceover of who I guess knows Kate said something like "She always wanted to be a princess, and she told me she'll marry Prince William." Hmmmmmm, even Jenny Bond would find that awkward to spin.

Read somewhere that there's only been about 25 or so applications for street parties in Newcastle, Manchester and Liverpool combined, makes me proud to be a Northerner <_<

50 in Tyneside according to the ronny

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-28484554/

<_<

Fir Tree Crescent is right on my manor!

Fear not , Agent Fist is already planning sabotage. If all else fails , a wanky streak wearing nowt but the Gimp mask will curdle their custard.

50 in Tyneside according to the ronny

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-28484554/

<_<

Fir Tree Crescent is right on my manor!

Fear not , Agent Fist is already planning sabotage. If all else fails , a wanky streak wearing nowt but the Gimp mask will curdle their custard.

From what you've advised previously in 'ailments' I'm sure a casual stroll by dropping ya fuckin bait would achieve similar results n'est pas ?

never realised the Prime Minister had the power to over turn legislation on his own say-so......................

must have missed the passage of the "Gesetz zur Behebung der Not von Volk und Reich" last week .........................

You'd have to be a moron to lap up this sort of popularist guff. No offence, CT.

I think Meenzer had it nailed with "lack of pride" - I know they say otherwise but this kind of worship of the monarchy shows something is completely lacking in their lives and I've always thought it was self-pride - the notion of "accepting" superiority through birthright indicates an inferiority complex imo.

I couldn't really give a shit and I'm sad we have to pay tax to these fuckers to pay for it. I can't stand autocracy in any form and the sooner the royal family bugger off the better. I couldn't give a fuck about tourist attractions in London as it doesn't directly affect me.

Half the people celebrating this won't know what they are celebrating & will use naive excuses and express petty affections not releasing they are paying en mass for somebody else's paradise just because of his -apparently questionable - bloodline.

I won't bring anybody down and I'll enjoy the day off but will I fuck celebrate it - Although in fairness the bloke made a canny speech whilst failing to get us the world cup.

Read somewhere that there's only been about 25 or so applications for street parties in Newcastle, Manchester and Liverpool combined, makes me proud to be a Northerner :(

Yup. The geographical distribution of the applications to councils tells its own story.

Link to a map on page of link below

http://wikileaksdatajournalism.wordpress.c...2%80%93-mapped/

None in Devon at all! Thats what I like to see!! :razz: