Shooting on submarine in Southampton

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the Beeb the guy was on duty and asked to go to the bog (or "heads" as we submariners say)

Because of all the visitors he was told he couldn't so he went out and came back shooting

Somnat very wrong with that ship

according to the Beeb the guy was on duty and asked to go to the bog (or "heads" as we submariners say)

Because of all the visitors he was told he couldn't so he went out and came back shooting

ship ?

ship ?

Exactly. Ship???

Boat innit.

ship ?

Exactly. Ship???

Boat innit.

an ex submariner who calls a boat a ship ? <_<

ship ?

Exactly. Ship???

Boat innit.

pedants - it floats (some of the time) - this oen has spent most of its life in dock or on a sandbank TBH - perhaps "Pier" would be a better word

Edited by Rob W

ship ?

Exactly. Ship???

Boat innit.

pedants - it floats (some of the time) - this oen has spent most of its life in dock or on a sandbank TBH - perhaps "Pier" would be a better word

so you weren't a submariner then, when you said "we submariners" <_<

ship ?

Exactly. Ship???

Boat innit.

I've been on the V-Class subs and they're nothing like the old diesel boats, I can only assume the Astute is even bigger and better equipped. By all accounts this kid shouldn't have been a submariner in the first place, getting upset at having to do 2-3 three short tours consecutively is what caused the shooting or so the papers say - however, the tours they've been doing are no more than 45 days a pop which is nothing compared to what they can/used to be apparently.

ship ?

Exactly. Ship???

Boat innit.

I've been on the V-Class subs and they're nothing like the old diesel boats, I can only assume the Astute is even bigger and better equipped. By all accounts this kid shouldn't have been a submariner in the first place, getting upset at having to do 2-3 three short tours consecutively is what caused the shooting or so the papers say - however, the tours they've been doing are no more than 45 days a pop which is nothing compared to what they can/used to be apparently.

the youth of today.

the youth of today.

Indeed................

:D

quite

I find these quoted posts to be shallow and pedantic :icon_lol:

the youth of today.

Indeed................

:D

quite

I find these quoted posts to be shallow and pedantic :icon_lol:

whatever floats your boat :D

whatever floats your boat :icon_lol:

Wahey! :D

(btw Leazes it's a quote from a tv show that I wouldn't expect you'd have watched, so don't worry about it)

whatever floats your boat :icon_lol:

Wahey! :D

(btw Leazes it's a quote from a tv show that I wouldn't expect you'd have watched, so don't worry about it)

depends what it's about.

If it is something which led to your "enlightenment" I may have watched it and laughed :D