Stone Roses set to reunite

Ayatollah Hermione

Power, Corruption and Lies is my favourite New Order album like.

For me the best New Order album was actually Joy Divisions next - Movement.

It's brilliant because you can hear where Joy Division were morphing into New Order, it's a shame Curtis didn't get to record the vocals for it because he would have made it so much more than it turned out to be.

Aussie's :lol: stick to listening to INXS and Stefan Dennis pal.

Two words:

Phil Collins

And two more:

Fuck off ;)

Dont it make you feeeeeeeel good when you find somebody to lurrrrrrrrve (clicking his fingers) pmsl :lol:

Seriously Stevie, talking music advice/criticism from you is like trying to lose weight based on your dieting tips and/or taking advice from you on how to buy trousers to accommodate a big penis - things you know nowt about.

Or tips in humour from yee.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw who is Stefan Dennis????

Are yee for real? You'e an Australian. Who's Stefan Dennis?? That's like me saying who's The Queen.

Fucking hell stevie, give yourself a shake for even knowing that song.

Yes I'm for real but what's that got to do with music taste?

I don't watch Australian soaps either and I had to look up who Nicky Whelan in the belta minge thread was - so what's your point?

You realise not everyone goes to the beach in Australia or bbq's shrimp?

Are yee for real? You'e an Australian. Who's Stefan Dennis?? That's like me saying who's The Queen.

I don't watch Australian soaps either and I had to look up who Nicky Whelan in the belta minge thread was - so what's your point?

Was number 1 in the UK charts, don't underestimate how popular Paul Robinson was.

Was number 1 in the UK charts, don't underestimate how popular Paul Robinson was.

Stevie, I think I might of been 13 the last time I knew what was in the top 40 chart of any country.

Charts generally and especially here, have nothing to do with decent music.

But you were the one that told me to fuck off back to Inxs and Stefan Dennis.

Got my tickets for Sat too - really looking forward to this, but share some of the trepidation too. I missed the best of them first time around as I got into them more heavily too late (95).

Their 1st album and the unapproved EP were both class. I quite liked Second Coming too - Love Spreads is quality. Ten Storey Love Song is probably my least favorite song on the album though.

Their work revitalised the indie music scene imo. They were far more influential than the 'Mondays (their best song is a cover ffs) and were a much better band technically, musically and lyrically. They defined a generation and have influenced a load of bands, many of which cite them as such.

I've seen Ian Brown live and he is awful live - he acts like a monkey and his vocals are flat. I'm hoping that he'll sort his shit out for these gigs - especially given that they are homecoming gigs. I neer got to see the Seahorses either but I did see Squire live for one of his solo tours. He can't sing to save his life either, but he's a quality guitarist. He can still write a song too. I'm not a huge fan of IB's solo stuff, but some of his lyrics are very clever, so I'm looking forward to the Brown/Squire re-collaboration.

Squire, Mani & Reni are good musicians - so at least the music will be good. Reni's drum work is absolutely class - it really makes some of the Roses best songs.

Cant.Fucking.Wait

• 2 weeks later...