Stone Roses set to reunite

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie has just committed musical suicide in this thread mind.

Had a PROPER row with a mate about this before the match on Sunday, his crack man "Steve I'm as happy about this as I was about Keegan coming the first time", I says fuckin shut upi up man they're not even the top 5 of Manc bands never mind owt else, which was like red rag to a bull. As many have said in this thread I just feel they are ridiculously overrated, and don't appeal to me at all. The same people who like these like people like "The Smiths", which does say it all. It's that 25 to 40 year old age group who like things because of mob mentality, there's no other reason to like The Smiths.

Care to name me 5 better Manc bands?

A tweet from Mac Toon last neet summed it up perfectly for me.

2NarMe Mac

@

@Leazeslad Agree aboot the Stone Roses n'aal. Load of shite. I'd say 75%+ of their fans don't even like the music, just the 'coolness'

Absolutely spot on. Oasis, New Order and Joy Division piss all over the Stone Roses, as I said two good songs. It's aal this Aciendoh naanteennaanteh brigade who want to feel part of something imo.

Never really had you down as a big Joy Division fan like.

"Stone Roses getting back together not been this happy since my kids were born." - Liam Gallagher.

Nearly as pathetic as my mates its as good as when Keegan came back in 92 crack.

Had a PROPER row with a mate about this before the match on Sunday, his crack man "Steve I'm as happy about this as I was about Keegan coming the first time", I says fuckin shut upi up man they're not even the top 5 of Manc bands never mind owt else, which was like red rag to a bull. As many have said in this thread I just feel they are ridiculously overrated, and don't appeal to me at all. The same people who like these like people like "The Smiths", which does say it all. It's that 25 to 40 year old age group who like things because of mob mentality, there's no other reason to like The Smiths.

2NarMe Mac

@

@Leazeslad Agree aboot the Stone Roses n'aal. Load of shite. I'd say 75%+ of their fans don't even like the music, just the 'coolness'

Absolutely spot on. Oasis, New Order and Joy Division piss all over the Stone Roses, as I said two good songs. It's aal this Aciendoh naanteennaanteh brigade who want to feel part of something imo.

Love Joy Division and New Order nearly every song they released I think is mint. I think I'd have New Order in my top 10 favourite bands/musicians in fact.

2NarMe Mac

@

Love Joy Division and New Order nearly every song they released I think is mint. I think I'd have New Order in my top 10 favourite bands/musicians in fact.

Aye, I love them both too. It's probably 'trendier' to have Joy Division as the better band but I actually prefer New Order. Joy Division were quality but I'd class them as being one of those where you have to be in the mood whereas I could listen to New Order virtually any time. What's your favourite album? Toss up between Technique and Power, Corruption and Lies for me.

Never really got into the Inspiral Carpets. I think they really were more about the image / t-shirts (bit like James tbh). I liked the keyboard player though (Clint?). His hair was fucking outrageous.

:lol:

Like people drinking Jager Bombs?

Haha good analogy and people who used to have Rod Stewart hair cuts in the 80s.

Power, Corruption and Lies is my favourite New Order album like.

For me the best New Order album was actually Joy Divisions next - Movement.

It's brilliant because you can hear where Joy Division were morphing into New Order, it's a shame Curtis didn't get to record the vocals for it because he would have made it so much more than it turned out to be.

It's brilliant because you can hear where Joy Division were morphing into New Order, it's a shame Curtis didn't get to record the vocals for it because he would have made it so much more than it turned out to be.

Aussie's :lol: stick to listening to INXS and Stefan Dennis pal.

2NarMe Mac

@

It's good people have different tastes, otherwise we'd all be trying to fuck the same girl but to say 75% of Stone Roses fans don't like their music is insane and could only come from a man holding a candle in the wind!

I love them for Squire's guitar playing as much as anything else. Genius imo. I don't know enough about it to know if he's technically brilliant but I don't suppose that matters.

Edited by alex

I love them for Squire's guitar playing as much as anything else. Genius imo. I don't know enough about it to know if he's technically brilliant but I don't suppose that matters.

For me he's like Kevin Shields and Adam Franklin, they might not be the most technically brilliant guitarists but they all brought something different and unique to the music they were writing/performing.

There is a really interesting documentary hopefully to be released in the next 6 months, about Oxford bands, so Radiohead, Swervedriver, Ride, etc - called Anyone Can Play Guitar and in it Franklin talks about the 1st time Swervedriver (possibly Shake Appeal the band that became Swerves) supported My Bloody Valentine and how he was blown away by Kevin Shield's dual amp set up with one amp clean and the other using multiple effects so it sounded like two guitars.

2NarMe Mac

@

Aye, I love them both too. It's probably 'trendier' to have Joy Division as the better band but I actually prefer New Order. Joy Division were quality but I'd class them as being one of those where you have to be in the mood whereas I could listen to New Order virtually any time. What's your favourite album? Toss up between Technique and Power, Corruption and Lies for me.

Power, Corruption and Lies is my favourite, its on me ipod, desktop and laptop.

For me he's like Kevin Shields and Adam Franklin, they might not be the most technically brilliant guitarists but they all brought something different and unique to the music they were writing/performing.

There is a really interesting documentary hopefully to be released in the next 6 months, about Oxford bands, so Radiohead, Swervedriver, Ride, etc - called Anyone Can Play Guitar and in it Franklin talks about the 1st time Swervedriver (possibly Shake Appeal the band that became Swerves) supported My Bloody Valentine and how he was blown away by Kevin Shield's dual amp set up with one amp clean and the other using multiple effects so it sounded like two guitars.

That doc owt to do with you?

;)

Same with Johnny Marr (for me anyway), he had a sound of his own.

2NarMe Mac

@

Power, Corruption and Lies is my favourite, its on me ipod, desktop and laptop.

Leave Me Alone. Classic.

Two words:

Phil Collins

And two more:

Fuck off ;)

That doc owt to do with you?

;)

Same with Johnny Marr (for me anyway), he had a sound of his own.

No I wish, I chipped in with some cash to help it get made but nothing else.

Two words:

Phil Collins

And two more:

Fuck off ;)

Dont it make you feeeeeeeel good when you find somebody to lurrrrrrrrve (clicking his fingers) pmsl :lol:

Two words:

Phil Collins

And two more:

Fuck off ;)

Dont it make you feeeeeeeel good when you find somebody to lurrrrrrrrve (clicking his fingers) pmsl :lol:

Seriously Stevie, talking music advice/criticism from you is like trying to lose weight based on your dieting tips and/or taking advice from you on how to buy trousers to accommodate a big penis - things you know nowt about.