Stone Roses set to reunite

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've loved the Stone Roses' music for years. It's a shame they lost their momentum with the lawsuit.

However I saw Ian Brown live years ago (I think he was headlining at Reading, not sure) and he was absolutely fucking shit. His band was really good, it's just he couldn't sing in tune and lacked charisma. In addition he was acting the twat, so the whole thing was a massive disappointment.

Fuck all the haters, best band this country has ever produced.

Changed the game, Second Coming is almost on a par with the first album to me.

Half hope this is all bullshit as it appears to be as it would cheapen what they were and what they mean to people now.

Saw them in Sheffield and aye Ian Brown live was poor vocally but for me personally didn't spoil anything.I

hate to say it but this lad knows his onions.

Fuck all the haters, best band this country has ever produced.

Changed the game, Second Coming is almost on a par with the first album to me.

Half hope this is all bullshit as it appears to be as it would cheapen what they were and what they mean to people now.

Saw them in Sheffield and aye Ian Brown live was poor vocally but for me personally didn't spoil anything.I

hate to say it but this lad knows his lemons.

• 6 months later...

Was anyone else on here at Spike Island ?

I saw them at spike and in the states - don't remember much about spike cos i was off my t*ts completely - nice vid posted took me back and filled in a few gaps cheers :thumbsup: - think like another poster they shouldn't bother best left back then (thank fk the clash never reformed and likewise the roses should leave it alone)

Two good songs, a lot of people will get giddy over this. Not a patch on the Happy Mondays imo, and they didn't have the characters of HM neither.

Christ on a crutch.

Two good songs, a lot of people will get giddy over this. Not a patch on the Happy Mondays imo, and they didn't have the characters of HM neither.

Christ on a crutch.

He's a Phil Collins fan, remember. Puts things into perspective. Jimmy Nail as well.

Edited by Gemmill

Christ on a crutch.

He's a Phil Collins fan, remember. Puts things into perspective. Jimmy Nail as well.

You forgot Reggie Dwight

Was anyone else on here at Spike Island ?

I saw them at spike and in the states - don't remember much about spike cos i was off my t*ts completely - nice vid posted took me back and filled in a few gaps cheers :thumbsup: - think like another poster they shouldn't bother best left back then (thank fk the clash never reformed and likewise the roses should leave it alone)

Still got my ticket - keep mean to get it framed or summat :jonas:

the-stone-roses-th-stone-003.jpg

spikenight.jpg

There's meant to be a bootleg video/filmed for Granada TV video of Spike Island in existence somewhere. Teaser clip gets posted now and then on Youtube but always vanishes pretty quickly . It was supposed to have been broadcast by Granada at the time but fell through because of Gareth Evans being the highwayman that he was/is. Think whoever has the footage knows that there's a good few quid in it and keep posting the clip to keep interest ticking over . Wouldn't be surprised if it was Evans who had the footage . Might even be IB as he's got a load of their live/unreleased audio and video apparently .

Have you seen these soundcheck clips from day before ? There must be proper footage wrapped up in legalities somewhere !?

Went to see Reni's brief incarnation that was The Rub a good few years ago . Gig was at Ncle Uni but assumedly given low ticket sales it was moved last minute to one of the small rooms upstairs. Reni was on lead vocals and lead guitar, didn't o near the drums . Was a top night and he was on good form chatting with the crowd and yes - he had that hat on ! They had some promise song-wise but they never really took off . Sunk without trace in fact .

I think if they got back it's something I'd give a miss going to see (let sleeping dogs lie and all that) but I'd be interested in any new stuff they might do . Think there's a possibility it might happen this time with IB perhaps in a bit of a corner career-wise now after he allegedly chinned his now divorced wife ? Having said that, dunno why Mani would want in and having seen JS interviewed in last couple years when speaking of his up hs arse art projects/'the band' he seems like a right awkward cunt and very much reticent about reforming ?

Still got my ticket - keep mean to get it framed or summat :jonas:

lost my ticket a long time ago but remember the price on the ticket was f*cked up and paying a quid less than what was printed - sound system on the day was p*sh too but was totally wasted so i'm maybe talking pure pish about the acoustics