The best take away food

McFaul

whats the best take away  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie man, you spend that much time in SE London and don't even put "Fried chicken" as one of the options? I'm shocked. :lol:

Horses for courses really, there's a decent Chinese takeaway over the road that does the basics for not much money at all, but if I'm coming home after a night on the lash then it's chippy all the way. Pizza for a hangover, definitely. Love Indian but rarely if ever get it for a takeaway, it's an "eat in" thing as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Meenzer

I can't believe kebab didn't make the list though Stevie; not your minging leathery doner death sentence but a proper chicken or lamb shish-kebab with decent fresh salad, pickled chillies and chilli sauce. Yum yum.

Aye, if I was still living in Germany then kebab would be top of the list, but the version you get here - even the "proper" ones, in my experience - is too horrendous to contemplate.

Rinky Dinks for me.

Lucky to have both a great local Chinese and Indian next door to each other. The local pizza palace is rank.

Several decent chippies locally too.

Takeaways are a rare treat now though.

Stevie man, you spend that much time in SE London and don't even put "Fried chicken" as one of the options? I'm shocked. :lol:

Horses for courses really, there's a decent Chinese takeaway over the road that does the basics for not much money at all, but if I'm coming home after a night on the lash then it's chippy all the way. Pizza for a hangover, definitely. Love Indian but rarely if ever get it for a takeaway, it's an "eat in" thing as far as I'm concerned.

Haha true. That place over the road from The One bar, actually does brilliant fried chicken to say they're Torkish. See chinese takeaways in London, even in suburbs the portions are fuckin pish. The one in Lewisham, tiny portions, and the one in Blackheath even worse, proper umpa lumpa portions, but....I find they are considerably cheaper than chinkeys up here. Another thing about London as well, ask them for gravy in a chinkies and they think you're taking the piss. Also in chippies, "plenty batter please pet", is generally met by a look like "did he just make a sexual remark?!?!?" they haven't got a clue man.

I can't believe kebab didn't make the list though Stevie; not your minging leathery doner death sentence but a proper chicken or lamb shish-kebab with decent fresh salad, pickled chillies and chilli sauce. Yum yum.

Aye, if I was still living in Germany then kebab would be top of the list, but the version you get here - even the "proper" ones, in my experience - is too horrendous to contemplate.

:lol: They have good kebab shops here, run by Turkish types, so I'll even have one for lunch. Whereas in my 20s kebab was the snack of choice when I was pissed out of my head. Having said that, I've had some top kebabs in London, even in Balham of all places ("Abra-Kebabra", a name which sticks in the memory). The trouble is I'm not sure how reliable my memory is as I'd eat my hand when I'm pissed if it had chilli sauce on it.

Never tried one in the toon though, I've always had fish n chips or an Indian.

We were doing an install at work in October after work and had kebabs from a Syrian place at the bottom of Shoreditch high St which was the best kebab I've ever had.

Voted Indians.

Never been in to kebabs, they just remind me of fat lasses from my childhood for some reason, and Sid the Sexist saying "aye plenty onions" while being sick.

By the way there was some sort of goth festival going on in Whitby. We turned up in the car park and thought the town had been taken over by zombies - fucking weirdos all over the place. And I'm not talking about the little flids you get hanging round Old Eldon Square, this lot were serious. Everywhere you went, and the age range went from 16 to about 70. On the plus side, goth lasses are all big-titted.

It happens every year, Whitby was the birthplace of dracula or somesuch.

Aye, best kebab i ever had was in Jormany. Proper chicken kebab. Lush.

Better than the crap you get over here.

Fish and chips for me. Yum!

Fish and chips hands doon like, but they've got to be top notch. I love salt and vinegar and batter on me chips, it's an alien concept to people outside the toon I think.

Used to love Indian food but now I find most of it rank. Having said that, I went to the Valley Junction on Saturday which I thought had gone downhill a bit after my last visit, and it was superb. The chicken was cooked to perfection unlike the normal stuff I get where it's all dried out. It's not a takeaway though.

I'd go fish and chips, because it's the only option where you can't really cook better yourself at home. Anywhere on Shields fish quay or Bills in Cullercoats is spot on. Hardly ever have them mind. Actually come to think of it I probaly have pizza more - Domino's or Papa Johns.

Fish and chips hands doon like, but they've got to be top notch. I love salt and vinegar and batter on me chips, it's an alien concept to people outside the toon I think.

Fish n chips have got to have loads of salt n vinegar on for me. Not sure about batter on the chips though :lol:

Do you ever get a bag of the bits of batter off the hot plate (I think they call them "scramptions" or something in Morpeth)? Sounds like a recipe for a heart attack to me.

By the way there was some sort of goth festival going on in Whitby. We turned up in the car park and thought the town had been taken over by zombies - fucking weirdos all over the place. And I'm not talking about the little flids you get hanging round Old Eldon Square, this lot were serious. Everywhere you went, and the age range went from 16 to about 70. On the plus side, goth lasses are all big-titted.

It happens every year, Whitby was the birthplace of dracula or somesuch.

I think Whitby is where Dracula landed when his boat to England was shipwrecked.

you can't get decent fish and chips in london anywhere. all the chippies are ropey chinese or kebab shops. the flip side is south london has some of the best indian restaurants and takeaways around. we have a local nice pizza place too in herne hill called firezza that delivers proper stone baked italian style thin crust pizzas. got to say though, a grimy style takeaway pizza is brilliant every now and then.

you can't get decent fish and chips in london anywhere. all the chippies are ropey chinese or kebab shops. the flip side is south london has some of the best indian restaurants and takeaways around. we have a local nice pizza place too in herne hill called firezza that delivers proper stone baked italian style thin crust pizzas. got to say though, a grimy style takeaway pizza is brilliant every now and then.

I donno if it's still there like but there was one about 10 years ago between The White Horse at Parsons Green, and Dawes Road, on Munster Road ran by Greeks absolutely superb, but you're right everywhere else is fuckin shite. Long way to go for you from Croydon to Fulham just for a decent fish and chips.

I donno if it's still there like but there was one about 10 years ago between The White Horse at Parsons Green, and Dawes Road, on Munster Road ran by Greeks absolutely superb, but you're right everywhere else is fuckin shite. Long way to go for you from Croydon to Fulham just for a decent fish and chips.

Broadly agree but there are still some good ones. Masters Super Fish on Waterloo Road and Happy Days by Aldgate are both very good.

McDonalds/BK

Chinkeys

Pizza

Indians

Fish and Chips

I dont want to come across all PC, but seriously?!!!!

You don't want but you most certainly do. If you asked 100 people in Newcastle who aren't racist at all, where do you get egg fu yung, 85 would say "chinkeys". Fact that, and people like yourself and HF are in the interfering PC minority.