Sports Personality of the Year

Guest alex

Its always shite, but somehow I always seem to get a lump in my throad.

I suppose its one of those programmes that mark the passing of time.....

67109[/snapback]

Has it always been that corny though?

Its always shite, but somehow I always seem to get a lump in my throad.

I suppose its one of those programmes that mark the passing of time.....

67109[/snapback]

Has it always been that corny though?

67112[/snapback]

Probably - it was too predictable this time though - result never in doubt.

(At least this time they didn't have people taking penalties on stage!!!! :lol: )

my mothers up in arms cos Ellen McArthur didn't win.

says "hitting a little ball isn't close to one woman's struggle against the elements."

67118[/snapback]

I would class McArthur's thing as "stupidity" rather than "sport" though. What was the fucking point?

says "hitting a little ball isn't close to one woman's struggle against the elements."

67118[/snapback]

I was pleased to see her get 2nd place. It's absolutely amazing what she did, although it's a minority sport to say the least (if you can consider it to be a sport rather than an expedition-type endeavour). By the way, there was a story about a British woman last week who is aiming to become the first woman to sail single-handed around the world the wrong way, i.e. against all the currents and the prevailing winds. She must like being alone like!

67118[/snapback]

I would class McArthur's thing as "stupidity" rather than "sport" though. What was the fucking point?

67123[/snapback]

Are you being serious? :lol:

67118[/snapback]

67123[/snapback]

It's the human spirit of adventure man! :lol:

I had tried to argue that McArthurs skill was secondary to the machinery of the boat she was floating about in, also that her record was as much down to good weather as it was her expensive dinghy..

Mam asked if I wanted a cup of tea.

to be fair I think this means she's won the argument.

67118[/snapback]

67123[/snapback]

67126[/snapback]

Not entirely but I don't think she should have been considered for sports personality of the year. That sort of thing should be reserved for Record Breakers. Dedication....oooooo dedication.

I had tried to argue that McArthurs skill  was secondary to the machinery of the boat she was floating about in, also that her record was as much down to good weather as it was her expensive dinghy..

Mam asked if I wanted a cup of tea.

to be fair I think this means she's won the argument.

67129[/snapback]

I think the point about the weather is relevent regarding the breaking of the record but that shouldn't detract from the achievement of sailing round the world single-handed. Have you seen the footage when she's at the top of the mast repairing it in heavy seas? Amazing.

no-is doubting her exceptional willpower and skill on a boat... but build her a better boat and she could break the record again...

I put it in the same category as F1 drivers; undoubtedly skilled, nerves of steel, but stick an average F1 driver in the best car and I'd bet he could win more races than Schumacher in an average F1 car...

might be wrong like.

67118[/snapback]

67123[/snapback]

67126[/snapback]

Not entirely but I don't think she should have been considered for sports personality of the year. That sort of thing should be reserved for Record Breakers. Dedication....oooooo dedication.

67130[/snapback]

Kind of agree about the 'sport' thing.

She also did the fastest lap time on Top Gear last week like :lol: Multi-talented :lol:

67118[/snapback]

67123[/snapback]

67126[/snapback]

67130[/snapback]

She also did the fastest lap time on Top Gear last week like :lol: Multi-talented :lol:

67142[/snapback]

But can she iron and cook your tea? That's surely all that matters. ;)

67118[/snapback]

67123[/snapback]

67126[/snapback]

67130[/snapback]

67142[/snapback]

67146[/snapback]

She looks like she could munch a carpet with the best of them tbh :icon_lol:

Guest Nick Fury

67118[/snapback]

67123[/snapback]

67126[/snapback]

67130[/snapback]

67142[/snapback]

67146[/snapback]

She looks like she could munch a carpet with the best of them tbh :icon_lol:

67149[/snapback]

Any chance of getting this away from the BBC might be an ok programme to watch then.

I watched it last night. Fast forwarded through most of it though. What were they doing with the music? Fade the fucker out when you've handed the award over you morons! Don't make people stand looking mortified for 30 seconds until you've finished belting out Westlife. :lol:

Kelly Holmes has got no talent whatsoever for presenting, fuck knows why they got her to read the results out.

67373[/snapback]

Maybe it's because she won it last year? ;)