You know you're getting old when.....

McFaul

You would rather go for a meal and to the cinema rather than stand in Blu Bambu til 3am

Alex James hit the nail on the head when he said you celebrate your 20th with alcohol, your 30th with drugs and your 40th with food.

Spot on that like. Also pretty sad affair that I can relate to most of the comments here. Apart from the LM one :lol:

I think everyone over the age of say 27 unless you're a lass, can relate to my Horizon comment.

Funny how lasses just are (mostly) not into that kinda stuff? Wor lass pretty much never watches any of that stuff I like. Though she is into the crime and investigation stuff that I'm not that fussed on.

Aye regardless what age I get to, I'll never be old enough to watch Wycliffe Investigates, Ruth Rendall Sorts It oot, or Wexford PI or whatever, load of pish, same with that programme with Del Boy and Neville in years ago.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye regardless what age I get to, I'll never be old enough to watch Wycliffe Investigates, Ruth Rendall Sorts It oot, or Wexford PI or whatever, load of pish, same with that programme with Del Boy and Neville in years ago.

Ah wor lass is more into Aircrash investigation or murderer biographies. Sure she is just getting ideas :lol:

Ah wor lass is more into Aircrash investigation or murderer biographies. Sure she is just getting ideas :lol:

Air Crash Investigation & anything murderer related on the Crime channel are what I like to watch as well. ;)

Been thinking about this a lot lately. I guess Is till feel pretty young, but if you break down what I actually enjoy these days it's what a 19yr old me would have associated with an "old" person.

I rarely drink lager, I usually drink an ale or straight spirits.

I don't stay out until 6am in a deafening club; I much prefer a few beers with mates in a pub/bar

I won't touch a novelty cocktail

I've always had a fairly broad taste in music, but I find it harder and harder to enjoy chart music and I find most of it a rip-off of "old" artists from the 80s or just shite

I really enjoy documentaries

I'm fairly responsible with money and time...

When I write it down, it depresses me a bit :lol:

You would rather go for a meal and to the cinema rather than stand in Blu Bambu til 3am

Alex James hit the nail on the head when he said you celebrate your 20th with alcohol, your 30th with drugs and your 40th with food.

I did my 20th with drugs, my 30th with alcohol and will probably do 40th with food... so almost the same

Yep i'm only 30 but the thought of going to Blu Bamboo really wouldn't appeal to me these days. In fact going clubbing in general just isn't appealing anymore, would much rather have the lads over for a poker night with whisky and cigars if I was going to get wasted.

And even then i'd be regretting it for days after :lol:

Been thinking about this a lot lately. I guess Is till feel pretty young, but if you break down what I actually enjoy these days it's what a 19yr old me would have associated with an "old" person.

I rarely drink lager, I usually drink an ale or straight spirits.

I don't stay out until 6am in a deafening club; I much prefer a few beers with mates in a pub/bar

I won't touch a novelty cocktail

I've always had a fairly broad taste in music, but I find it harder and harder to enjoy chart music and I find most of it a rip-off of "old" artists from the 80s or just shite

I really enjoy documentaries

I'm fairly responsible with money and time...

When I write it down, it depresses me a bit :lol:

No idea how old you are, but i'm gonna take 35 as just a figure for the sake of it:

Drink lots of lager

Usually stay out till 6am clubbing with the young uns

Drink lots of novelty cocktails

Love chart music... especially N Dubs!

Hate watching documentaries, or anything that broadens the mind... I love Holyoaks tho!

Proper skint all the time, in loads of debt and always turn up late for everything

Tbh I think my version would be a lot more depressing than your's if that was your life at 30+ ;)

Does anyone else get the occasional eyebrow hair that seems to sprout from nowhere overnight and be sticking out quarter of an inch over all the others in the morning?

YES! More annoying is the extra ear hair like! ? Ney good t anyone that.

Backhair too. Ive got dark hair and been lucky to get past mid 30s without being a woolyback but getting the odd shoulder bumfluff coming through. No need.

When kids shout at you and address you as "How mista..."

Not so much an age thing but anyone calling me "Sir" still completely freaks me out.

My classic age thing is when you get up from a chair or other seat and let out that sort of groan/sigh/Ohh type sound as if its all just too much effort.

Spot on that like. Also pretty sad affair that I can relate to most of the comments here. Apart from the LM one :lol:

I think everyone over the age of say 27 unless you're a lass, can relate to my Horizon comment.

Funny how lasses just are (mostly) not into that kinda stuff? Wor lass pretty much never watches any of that stuff I like. Though she is into the crime and investigation stuff that I'm not that fussed on.

The odd time I get to watch the telly and I put something like Horizon on, all you get is 'Granda' comments from the missus yet she'll watch Eastenders and even Jeremy Kyle. She at least admits that the Kyle thing is a car crash type of viewing but Eastenders? Fucking hell, how anyone can sit down and enjoy this shit is one of the biggest mysteries of the universe to me, like.

You need to start planning for your 18th birthday.

You realise you have 3 weeks left of school ever.

You need to think about uni.

You need to send away for a provisional driving licence.

:lol:

When kids shout at you and address you as "How mista..."

I was genuinely gutted the first time I was on the metro and a mam told her bairn to "stand up so the lady can sit down". THE LADY! I felt about 900 years old. :lol: