Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, nobody's knows what's gone on behind the scenes with Kinnear. However Ashley has manoeuvred us to this position where we have the best squad for years and a team that can compete virtually with the best on any given day.

Who knows what difference Kinnear has made behind the scenes. We seem to have a very happy camp amongst management and players and Pardews decision making seems to have improved dramatically this season ( being prepared to leave so called first teamers out). Who's to say Kinnear hasn't influenced this sea change?

Maybe we should simply appreciate the slow solid foundations being put in place rather than continually bitching ;)

Fat arseholes of the world unite. :razz:

Who should we sign? And who should they replace in our squad?

I reckon we get rid of that useless fat cunt. The one that drives a cab and get in some respectable types. Like me. ;)

Who should we sign? And who should they replace in our squad?

My ideal team from the current lot on form etc would look something like this.

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Haidara

Tiote Anita Cabaye

Sissoko Remy Gouffran

These are the ones I would keep and the x's are the positions I would like to see upgraded.

Krul

Debuchy xxx xxx Haidara

Tiote Anita Cabaye

Sissoko xxx Remy

Willos form will run out and Coloccini is coming to an end, There a new Coloccini and partner are required.

We are blessed currently in midfield and can put out several combinations depending on who we are playing, how a game is going.

I would love to see Remy back out to the side with a really decent centre forward brought in. Another Remy type on the opposite side would be my ideal.

Sissoko Im still undecided about. Sometimes he looks great, sometimes he looks crap.

Id also bring Shane back for crosses.

Agree about Shola. Don't mind having him as a feel good cheerleader, but he really isn't up to scratch.

I reckon Mbiwa is more than capable of growing into Colo's replacement, so short term I don't think there's an immediate need to sign another centre back.

On the basis that Cisse's future is uncertain and Remy appears to be ready to chase his next big payday, a striker is our priority surely. That said, if the right striker isn't available I think we have enough options right now but it would pile the pressure on in the summer.

There seems to be a lot of noise about De Jong, so perhaps this indicates strikers are on our horizon.

I guarantee Kinnear has had no influence on the club whatsoever beyond a sudden shortness of loose change in the pay phones surrounding SJP, an odd smell emanating from the gents' most days of the week, and an astonishing increase in the "Director of Football - Unspecified expenses" column of our budget.

After he's lost favour with Ashley or whatever happens to get him thrown out on his alkie arse in a few years' time, we'll hear from players and staff alike about the surreal experience that was JFK as DoF:

"He used to wander the halls like something out of the Walking Dead. You'd try to avoid eye contact so he wouldn't have to pretend to know who you were." - Mike Williamson

"Sometimes we'd pass by his door and hear him yelling things like, 'I don't give a fack, Graham, we're signing John Hartson and that's fackin' it!' But there was no-one else inside his office...." - Cheik Tiote

"He called me Shirley." - Shola Ameobi

Edited by acrossthepond

It appears to me that there is a fairly happy stable camp at Newcastle this season.

All fairly common sense stuff from Kinnear in the program notes and no bad vibes around the club at all lately.

Sometimes as fans we should stand back and just see where we are and how far we have come in recent years.

Sure we are not ever going to compete financially with some other clubs, but we seem to be quietly building a better squad each year.

I'm fairly happy with that direction.

We've come so far and we've reached so high

And we've looked each day and night in the eye

And we're still so young and we hope for more

We've come a long way

But we're not too sure where we've been

We've had success, we've had good times

But remember this

Been on this path of life for so long

Feel I've walked a thousand miles

Sometimes strolled hand in hand with love

Everybody's been there

With danger on my mind I would stand on the line of hope

And I knew I could make it

Once I knew the boundaries I looked into the clouds and saw

My face in the moonlight

Just then I realized what a fool I could be

Just 'cause I look so high you don't have to see me

Finding a paradise wasn't easy but still

There's a road going down the other side of this hill

Never forget where you're coming from

Never pretend that it's all real

Someday soon this will all be someone else's dream

This will be someone else's dream

Edited by ewerk

It appears to me that there is a fairly happy stable camp at Newcastle this season.

All fairly common sense stuff from Kinnear in the program notes and no bad vibes around the club at all lately.

Sometimes as fans we should stand back and just see where we are and how far we have come in recent years.

Sure we are not ever going to compete financially with some other clubs, but we seem to be quietly building a better squad each year.

I'm fairly happy with that direction.

Thing is CT, simply not being terrible isn't enough to justify his position. We've not signed anyone permanently in 2 windows. They may say we have the squad to stay in 8th, but a couple of injuries to key personnel and we're in trouble. Krul & Cabaye get injured and we're screwed.

Remy is our only fit striker that deserves a starting spot and he's not even ours.

I don't know where you've divined this happy stable camp thing from either?