Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

Can't afford to or Id be there with JFK on the back of my Wonga shirt.

Spent his season ticket money on his keyboard. On the plus side, he'll soon be posting pro-JFK ditties on YouTube in the style of the Mackem Minstrel.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reading of this is that he's shitting himself.

Why else would he feel the desperate need to tell all and sundry how fucking over qualified he is for the job?

I reckon he agreed to take it when he was full of piss, he's sobered up briefly, realised what he's done, and is now soiling himself.

The above scenario is the least horrific to contemplate, because otherwise it means he really thinks he's the best man for the job

:suicide:

None of which addresses the utter buffoonery of the tit who offered him the gig in the first place.

Spent his season ticket money on his keyboard. On the plus side, he'll soon be posting pro-JFK ditties on YouTube in the style of the Mackem Minstrel.

:lol: Please let this happen.

@ChristmasTree

You seem to think it's harmless fun getting player's names wrong, or forgetting exactly how long you were at a club. Those things I could forgive, but his lies, his lack of clarity and, perhaps most of all, his aggressive stance, really makes me worried.

Look, Everyone knows you find glee in rooting for the alternative view, that's fine, but you cannot possibly think that this appointment is a positive step?

Look, Pardew is a lame duck, he'll be replaced as soon as performances permit his sacking at a reasonable price. However, Joe Kinnear has done fuck all in football to make me think he's anything but a yes-man cronie for Ashley. When he was at Wimbledon he may not have had a Graham Carr lead army of scouts, but you didn't need that in those days. You could get by on hard-working players from the lower domestic leagues making a step up. The gap now is vast. Joe clearly isn't a competent voice to speak on behalf of the club. He struggles with the facts of his own career, for fucks sake.

So I'd like you to tell me exactly what you've seen that gives you confidence in him?

As an aside, I'm all for a DoF at Newcastle United, I'd be happy with Graham Carr approaching Mr Doff with a dossier on each little starlet he's found, and Pardew coming to the door begging for a new creative midfielder because Ben Arfa is struggling with the number of games he's having to carry the side, then deciding between the three of them which targets to pursue. That is a decent idea and one that has clear lines of communication and a clear process. If Mr Doff and Carr have meetings to discuss an overall transfer policy over the next few seasons, again, that's a good policy, it gives a more stable background to the club. If Ashley wants to discuss marketing and commercial partnerships with Mr Doff then grand, I'm sure that with his business acumen Mr Doff could weigh in with some sound ideas.

However, Joe Clusterfuck Kinnear is not the man to do the above. He's the man to ignore the good advice of Carr and insist to his mat eAshley that we sign Lambert and Butler from League 2, he's the man to ignore Pardew's pleas for a winger and instead sign a good honest hardworking central midfielder witha bit of bite, he's likely to infuriate the existing partners and alienate the club from other potential bedfellows.

Nobody will love Joe, You don't even love Joe, you just like this attention. Which I just gave you. And now regret.

Well so far he's dropped a long standing target, sold a decent squad player and missed out on his main target.

So bullshit and lies aside, a great start.

Hard to argue with so many assumptions so I won't.

I think the reason you are not arguing is that you can't. You've no reason for your support. None. In the past few weeks Joe has supplied me with sufficient reason to doubt him, even if I ignore the lack of success he's "enjoyed" in his career.

Player

Tottenham Hotspur

Manager

Nepal

Luton Town

Wimbledon

<p>I think the reason you are not arguing is that you can't. You've no reason for your support. None. In the past few weeks Joe has supplied me with sufficient reason to doubt him, even if I ignore the lack of success he's "enjoyed" in his career. PlayerTottenham Hotspur

ManagerNepalLuton TownWimbledon
Walter Mitty has got nothing on this old scrote. Edited by Billy Whitehurst

I really don't understand how he's still going about doing interviews and still getting things wrong. Surely after being ripped to pieces from every corner for the last few interviews he's had where he's got facts and names wrong he'd work on ensuring he is accurate. Like NJS has mentioned, so far his start in the job has been less than stellar and to go with the so far poor dealings in the market he's made himself a national laughing stock.

The bloke didn't know who Douglas is, that alone makes me very fearful of his suitability for the role of finding players for a club that does most its business in the French and Dutch markets.

So he hasn't won every trophy as a player,surprise surprise..Before we see Xmas,he will have fallen out with every manager,referee,reporter and tv pundit.The whole of english football will be against us.It will end in tears for us.Douglas couldn't be signed because it's close season and JFK had never heard of him nor seen him play.This policy will continue until has has checked the player out,which he cannot do until at least pre-season friendlies begin.

If I'd just started a new job, I'd certainly not fuck off on holiday a couple of weeks into it, especially given the essential role I was brought in for (player recruitment) and how it will probably grind to a halt without me being there. Unless it's a family wedding that he simply couldn't miss, I can't think of a good reason why he couldn't postpone it till the season starts, or till the club feel that all/most transfer business can be done/can be done without his input. I mean he's entitled to a holiday, but the timing doesn't seem right.

I know this has been said before but I felt it needs repeating. The man has no respect for the fans that pay towards his wage.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

:lol: The more you think about it the more unbelievable it is, "ah weww aaahve alweadee booked it innaaye" he's not worked since 2008. Surely the first thing you would do is either reschedule or cancel the holiday, he's "needed" at the club the most during windows surely he can bugger off in between. Unless of course he's left Carr, Pardew etc to carry on trying to recruit players while he's away and if that's the case I hope he stays on holiday.